Team-BHP > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th May 2015, 08:38   #1
BHPian

Finally - Hello Guys

Hello BHPians..
Finally I made it, mission accomplished. Well this is Inder from Gurgaon and originally from Moradabad (Brass City). I am a business man by profession and deal in retail trading. I have been following Team-bhp since end of 2010 while I was back in US. I have been a car enthusiast since I was a child. Cars have always been my weakness; I had almost 400-500 toy cars when I was a kid. My grandpa used to visit my Uncle (who lives in US) almost twice a year and he always brought me a big box of cars (20-25 cars in a box). 95% of my toys were cars, small, big, RC cars and what not.

I learned driving on 118 NE on my own. Once I cleared my 10th I asked my dad to teach me driving and my dad says:
Dad: You know where the keys are.
Me: (Got stunned by my dad’s reply)
Dad: But don’t go outside the house premises. And before driving go ahead and learn how to change a tire.
Me: What? But I understood his intentions and i said ok.

Took me a single day to learn that and next day I had the steering in my hand and drove the car for a week inside the house premises and before I knew I was driving perfectly on highways and it’s been almost 15 years now. Actually I used to watch my dad drive as a kid, how and when he used to change gears, brake, accelerate, use clutch, how he used to slow down rather than applying brakes every time. So I guess that’s what helped me learn driving so fast. And yes my dad loves driving as well and my grandpa was an amazing driver as well.

In 2008 I went to US for my MBA and after completing my studies I worked as a Senior Business Analyst for about 2 and a half years and after that I came back to India for good in 2013. I bought and sold 3 cars over 5 years of my time in US. First was 01 Mitsubishi Gallant, second was 07 Hyundai Sonata V6 with 3.3L engine (my favorite of all 3) and third was a 2006 Honda Civic.

5 years in US + Auto Enthusiast = Too much Fun

I got a chance to drive lot of cars including my favorite.
- Dodge Charger V6
- Dodge Challenger V6
- Ford Mustang GT (V8 5.0L)
- Porsche Cayenne – my favorite
- Audi A6
- BMW M5
- Chevrolet Camaro (V8 6.2L)
- Cadillac CTS
- Acura TL V6
- Nissan Maxima V6
- Toyota 4runner V6
- Chevrolet Silverado – Pickup (4.3 L V6)

I drove all these cars quite a few times as my friends used to own them and all of these were petrol AT. And trust me guys it was so much fun to drive all these beasts. Mustang and Camaro were devil out of the lot, always scared the hell out me. I had to be very cautious with the speed limits as I didn’t wanted to get a ticket.

Now coming to the present I drive a XUV 5OO (W8) and currently our garage is filled with:
- 2012 Mahindra XUV 5OO (W8)
- 2012 Yamaha R15 v2 (Limited Edition)
- 2013 Hyundai Eon D-Lite+
- 2005 Skoda Octavia 1.9 TDi Rider – Red

Besides cars I like road trips, music, watching movies and gadgets. I own a Cannon EOS 1100D (DSLR), xbox 360, ipod touch 4 gen and an iPhone 5.
Talking about road trips I have done quite a few long drives in India and some back in US.

Trips in India:
1. Delhi - Pune - Delhi (3300 kms) with Maruti 800
2. Moradabad - Delhi - Udaipur - Faridabad - Moradabad (1900 kms) XUV 5OO
3. Moradabad - Delhi - Udaipur - Mt. Abu - Jodhpur - Faridabad - Moradabad (2400 Kms) XUV 5OO

Trips in USA:
1. Kansasa - Virginia (1233 miles/1970 Kms) Mitsubishi Gallant
2. Virginia - Minneapolis (1200 mile/1920 kms) Hyundai Sonata
3. Minneapolis - Gainesville (1150 mile/1840 kms) Hyundai Sonata
4. Minneapolis - Virginia (1200 mile/1920 Kms) Toyota Camry
5. Virginia - Minneapolis (1200 mile/1920 kms) Honda Civic

To do List:
1. Delhi-Goa-Delhi
2. Delhi-Leh-Ladak-Delhi

I guess that’s all from me now don’t want BHPians to get bore of my rather long intro. Will see you guys later and FINALLY huge thanks to the MODS for letting me in.
Singh09 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 15th May 2015, 11:00   #2
BHPian

re: Finally - Hello Guys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singh09 View Post
Finally I made it, mission accomplished.
Welcome onboard! You are in the company of some expert petrolheads (err.. I'm not an expert, just a petrolhead) Nice intro. It made for an interesting read.

Seems like you have driven a massive number of cars in the States. My dad used to own a '98 Acura Integra. Loved it to death, he did. Unfortunately, he sold it, came to India and bought an i10

I can safely assume you will love stalking this thread

See you around!

Last edited by Turbo_asd : 15th May 2015 at 11:04.
Turbo_asd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2015, 11:38   #3
BHPian

re: Finally - Hello Guys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo_asd View Post
Welcome onboard! You are in the company of some expert petrolheads (err.. I'm not an expert, just a petrolhead) Nice intro. It made for an interesting read.

Seems like you have driven a massive number of cars in the States. My dad used to own a '98 Acura Integra. Loved it to death, he did. Unfortunately, he sold it, came to India and bought an i10

I can safely assume you will love stalking this thread

See you around!
Thanks for the warm welcome buddy. That's a nice car though.

One of my colleague had a 2002 Integra black, modified. It was an awesome car. Never drove it though.
Singh09 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2015, 13:16   #4
Team-BHP Support

Re: Finally - Hello Guys

Hi Inder,

Welcome to Team-BHP. That's a long list of vehicles you've driven - many of them are cars that most of us covet. Good to know that you enjoy travelling as well. Ladakh should be a "must visit" place on any traveller's list. Try and visit Spiti too.

See you on the forum.
Aditya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2015, 16:16   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
Hi Inder,

Welcome to Team-BHP. That's a long list of vehicles you've driven - many of them are cars that most of us covet. Good to know that you enjoy travelling as well. Ladakh should be a "must visit" place on any traveller's list. Try and visit Spiti too.

See you on the forum.

Thanks Aditya.

Yes I was lucky to have friends who owned such amazing cars and let me drive them.

I will add Spiti to my to do list as well buddy.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed