Team-BHP > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th June 2015, 16:19   #1
Senior - BHPian

Hello from Namma Bengaluru!

Hello fellow BHPians,
Proud to be part of this community!

As a child, I was always interested in cars(like many others in this forum), the passion lives even today and will live with me forever. (Perhaps I'll ask my family to bury me in an automobile scrapyard )

I'm currently 20, and currently studying mechanical engineering in Bangalore. After my UG course, I wish to do PG in powertrain engineering. After joining college, the first thing I did was enquire about the college racing team which only takes students from second year onwards. I joined the team in my second year and I'm working on designing a go-kart for a national championship conducted by ISNEE.(www.isnee.in)

Like all automobile fans, I got my Driving license (for 2W and 4W) a 1 and a half months after I turned 18. (I had engineering exams to write)

I just love the off-road expeditions by Team-BHP members, alas I can't join as I don't have any capable vehicle. I'll buy a jeep as soon I start earning.

In my apartment's basement, lies a 2006 Toyota Innova, 2006 Hyundai Getz and a 2014 Bajaj Discover 100T(my daily commute).
The Innova is a 'V' model diesel (we didn't buy petrol because of diesel's impressive resale value). It has run 60K Kms.
The Getz is a 1.3 'GLS' version which has run less than 50K Kms.

Dad had a '98 Maruti 800 and '00 Qualis GS prior to these two cars. He also had a great Mitsubishi Galant when he was in the US. I have fond memories of that particular car in USA.

Other than cars, I am a trained carnatic singer(Junior exam due later this year), do a bit of photography and love reading. I would like to start DIYs and this forum has a great collection. I was impressed by a particular member's DIY of adding an extra 12V socket in his ertiga and I wish to do that soon.

Needless to say, I love road trips. Just finished a BLR-GOA-BLR in the last week of may.

My favourite vehicle is the Toyota Land cruiser. Would love to take one and explore Africa and South America. Loved the Top Gear Episode in Yungas Road, Bolivia.

Thanks for reading.

Warm Regards,
landcruiser123

Last edited by landcruiser123 : 11th June 2015 at 16:23.
landcruiser123 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 11th June 2015, 16:57   #2
BHPian

re: Hello from Namma Bengaluru!

Quote:
Originally Posted by landcruiser123 View Post
Hello fellow BHPians,
Proud to be part of this community!

As a child, I was always interested in cars(like many others in this forum), the passion lives even today and will live with me forever. (Perhaps I'll ask my family to bury me in an automobile scrapyard )

Other than cars, I am a trained carnatic singer(Junior exam due later this year), do a bit of photography
landcruiser123
Welcome to the forum fellow Bangalorean !. Glad to know another Carnatic musician on this forum. I learnt mridangam for quite sometime and I love playing it. Please share your photographs in the official photography threads and we look forward to your DIYs.

Do write lot of TLs with lots of pictures.

Keep revving !
girimajiananth is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th June 2015, 19:13   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Hello fellow BHPians,
Proud to be part of this community
Welcome on board, fellow Bangalorean! It's nice to have you here!
What caught my eye was that your college has a racing team. Which one is it?
I'm also eagerly awaiting your snaps in the photography thread.
Till then, keep revvin'
Turbo_asd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2015, 20:11   #4
Senior - BHPian

Welcome to the forum landcruiser!
Quote:

studying mechanical engineering in Bangalore.
You and I have this degree in common apart from being from Bangalore!
Glad that you want to pursue your career in mechanical field itself. Hope to see some travelogues and 4x4 threads soon from you!
TorqueyTechie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2015, 21:31   #5
Senior - BHPian

Mod note: Back to back posts. Use Multi Quote [Quote +] Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo_asd View Post
What caught my eye was that your college has a racing team. Which one is it?
It's called Team Haya. https://www.facebook.com/teamhayaracing

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueyTechie View Post
4x4 threads soon from you!
4x4 threads will take maybe 5 years. I need to earn and save to buy my own SUV.

I will write a brief report on my trip to Goa. We didn't do much there as it was our third time.

Last edited by Jaggu : 11th June 2015 at 21:35. Reason: Back to back posts. Use Multi Quote [Quote +] Thanks.
Old 13th June 2015, 20:00   #6

Re: Hello from Namma Bengaluru!

Welcome fellow Bangalorean!!
Cool you have joined the racing team of your college and already doing some practical work in the field of automobiles!Kudos to you.
AjMusto is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed