Team-BHP > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th June 2015, 12:53   #1

Woohoo! Now I can say hello Team-BHP

Hello Team-Bhp! What's up?

Today morning I was browsing through the emails on my phone with half-sleepy eyes. There the mail was waiting for me since midnight with subject "Team-BHP Membership APPROVED!". Wow! I got adrenaline pumping through my whole body. I got membership approval in third attempt. I could not resist myself from posting my first message.

I have never been a car enthusiast in my whole life. Nobody in my family and relatives had a car. I had a feeling that cars are something alien and I don't have any connection with them. I haven't any idea of the car models and variants. Cars are cars right? I realized the need for a car when I was not able to ride with my wife and my kid on my Hero Honda Splendor+

I tried to research on cars and found Team-BHP. It is gem of a car forum. I started reading a lot on this forum for more than 6 months and finally decided to register myself as a member. I failed first 2 attempts. Mostly because of my verbose content on Why Team Bhp, what policy and what car section. In my third attempt, I was very cautious and wrote my answers crisp and clear. Now I am officially a Team Bhp member.

I am from Chennai. I am a Technical Architect by profession. I am proud to say that I am into open source and I am an open source enthusiast. I like computers, gadgets, electronics and virtually anything technical and fancy.

About my cars: I don't have a car yet. Just booked a FIAT Punto Evo 1.3 MJD at Ramkay FIAT, Chennai. Expected delivery of the car may be the end of this month.
Currently I ride my Hero Honda Splendor+. I am counting days to see my very first car

Thanks for reading.
Cheers,
Puntoer
puntoer is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 18th June 2015, 16:06   #2
BHPian

re: Woohoo! Now I can say hello Team-BHP

Quote:
Originally Posted by puntoer View Post
Welcome aboard mate.

Quote:

About my cars: I don't have a car yet. Just booked a FIAT Punto Evo 1.3 MJD at Ramkay FIAT, Chennai. Expected delivery of the car may be the end of this month.
Currently I ride my Hero Honda Splendor+. I am counting days to see my very first car
Congratulations !!! on your choice and I can definitely say that you will love the car for all it has to offer. Is the MJD that you booked a 90 HP or 75 HP. Do keep us posted on your experience with the dealership, more details on your decision, the final price, etc.., so that it would help other folks as well. I too own a FIAT and I have shared my experiences on my ownership thread (My Grey Linea 2014 - 1.3 MJD).

Cheers,
pdma.
pdma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2015, 16:11   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdma View Post
Welcome aboard mate.

Congratulations !!! on your choice and I can definitely say that you will love the car for all it has to offer. Is the MJD that you booked a 90 HP or 75 HP. Do keep us posted on your experience with the dealership, more details on your decision, the final price, etc.., so that it would help other folks as well. I too own a FIAT and I have shared my experiences on my ownership thread (My Grey Linea 2014 - 1.3 MJD).

Cheers,
pdma.
Thanks pdma. It is a 75 HP. Sure I will post my experiences soon.
Old 18th June 2015, 16:22   #4
BHPian

Welcome to the forum Puntoer.

Heartiest congratulations on the occasion of you getting your first ever vehicle. That's a thrill that cannot be easily surpassed by many other experiences.

Wishing you a hassle free delivery and look forward to your first ever ownership report too.

Good luck and cheers!
Hunter3077 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2015, 18:25   #5
BANNED

Quote:
About my cars:
I don't have a car yet. Just booked a FIAT Punto Evo 1.3 MJD at Ramkay FIAT, Chennai. Expected delivery of the car may be the end of this month.

Congratulations Sir!

Double bumper bonanza for you, Team-BHP approval and Your first car and that too a Fiat. Great car btw.

Have a great stay here and happy ownership with the Fiat.
Old 19th June 2015, 06:56   #6

Thank you a4anurag sir.

Its definitely a double bonanza. I wished I would get Team-BHP membership before buying car and should post in "I booked a car" thread. Both happened to my satisfaction.

Cheers!
Old 19th June 2015, 17:20   #7
Senior - BHPian

Re: Woohoo! Now I can say hello Team-BHP

Welcome aboard. Have PUNTOstic times ahead. Drive Safe - only thing I would like to say here. Just curious about your profession, What do you do as Technical Architect? Is it related to Civil or something else? Just for my understanding please.
Welcome again.
Old 19th June 2015, 17:48   #8
BHPian

Quote:

Welcome to TBHP Puntoer!
Good choice with the car. I have booked the same car (petrol) and expect delivery within a week's time of yours. Do keep us updated.
Old 19th June 2015, 17:51   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divya Sharan View Post
Welcome to TBHP Puntoer!
Good choice with the car. I have booked the same car (petrol) and expect delivery within a week's time of yours. Do keep us updated.
Wow! Great to meet a fellow fiat lover. Congratulations for your new ride. Sure, I will update here.
puntoer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2015, 21:04   #10

Good news. My Punto has just started her long journey from pune plant to meet me at Chennai.
Old 20th June 2015, 06:53   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajaTaurus View Post
Welcome aboard. Have PUNTOstic times ahead. Drive Safe - only thing I would like to say here. Just curious about your profession, What do you do as Technical Architect? Is it related to Civil or something else? Just for my understanding please.
Welcome again.
Thanks for your warm welcome RajaTaurus! My profession doesn't have anything to do with civil engineering. I am a software architect.By the way, Are you a civil engineer?

Cheers!!
Old 21st June 2015, 18:15   #12
Senior - BHPian

ME - Mechanical engineer, spent my good part of life in M.E. that is middle east.
Old 25th June 2015, 18:09   #13

Guys, The car arrives the yard tonight. Going for a PDI tomorrow. Delivery scheduled on Monday
Old 26th June 2015, 00:07   #14
BHPian

Great going there, puntoer. Don't forget to put down your buying experience. It would be great as there is only one initial ownership thread on Punto Evo!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed