Team-BHP - Hello Everybody!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Introduce yourself (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/introduce-yourself/)
-   -   Hello Everybody! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/introduce-yourself/16558-hello-everybody.html)

I joined the Forum today.
My interest in Automobiles goes a long time.
I learened driving in a small Renault of 1947 vintage!
All my free time used to be spent on cars and bikes.
I have driven the following cars,
Hudson Super Six,Studybaker Champion,Hilman Minx,Ford prefect,Ford Consul,Austin8 1940 Cut door tourer,Morris Minor,Peogeot 203,Hindustan,Herald,
Premier,Ambassador,Riley1.5,Maruti800,Santro et all.
Bikes driven are,
Ariel,BSA,Matchless Norton500 twin, Triumph500 twin,Bullet,and Scooters.

I compleatly renovated two cars and one bike-they took a lot my time and expertise.
Theywere Austin 1940 cut door,and Riley 1.5 1947and Triumph 500 Speed Twin.
I am an Engineer [From REC Warangal]
Now I am retired and must confess I no longer hold any tools!
Shifted to Photography and Music-Sitar.
Recently shifted to Mumbai because of my Wife's posting here.
Infact was looking up some reviews of Honda city ZX CVT for my wife,that's how I came to know about Team-BHP.
Good day to you all.
Sukumar.

Welcome sukumar, you appear to have a strong interest in vintage and classic cars. Do check out the dedicated section at this link

Please also go through the announcements section to familiarise yourself with the board protocol.

If at all you happen to visit Pune,pl do check at Thakker Motor Museam.I understand last car I renovated, 1947 Riley 1.5 [Black and Red] is on display there and goes under the title "Ashok Kumar's Car".-late thespian A.K!
I have'nt been there.
Do let me know if any of you have seen it.
You are welcome if you have any querry reg. vintage cars of which I am familiar.

greetings

i have only this one poor pic of thakkers riley, i belive its getting some further restoration currently...

cheers
karl

(more pics of his cars in the relevant thread soon)

Hey sukumar, great to have someone with ur experience level here.

Looks like we are going to have some very interesting postings from you!
Posts about vintage cars (I mean driving and ownership experiences) are almost as rare as the cars themselves and it would be just great if you can contribute some on this matter.

Welcome to the team sir.:)

Hi Karl and other BHPians,
Thanks for the photo of Riley.
The car I renovated had a red and black colour and the upholstry was red and grey
The registration no.was APY 1149[I hope I am right]
The back view mirrors on the mud guards wre not original,but an add on and not fitted by me!
Every thing including all meters,the side hand type indicator were working,and the brake and clutch pedal rubbers had original Riley logo! Auto meter guys in Delhi were very helpful and repaired the meters.
How do I get in touch with you when I come to Pune?
My e-mail ID is sukumar100@gmail.com
Sukumar.