Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th July 2015, 14:06   #1
BHPian

Wow, I am a Team-BHPian!

Hi Petrol/Diesel Heads,

Got one of the most awaited e-mails yesterday, which Reads “Congratulations & welcome to Team-BHP”. It was my 3rd attempt, Thanks mods for approving my registration.

Now let me introduce myself:
I am from Eranakulam, Kerala and works at Bangalore – United Kingdom. Leading a happy life surrounded by loving and caring people called family and friends. I am at my late 20’s and married for 7 months.

I was an automotive fan from as long as I can remember. And a follower of Team-BHP from 2007 but decided only to join last year as I am born lazy.

Regarding wheels, I am always confused or should I call me mad? When I see a Vento I like the timeless classic design and will tell myself that that’s the way sedans should look like and turn my head to a gleaming civic, I will feel, vento ? No way, this is the car, this is what a sedan should look like, Still Modern, edgy, classy . Same thing goes on to Sedan-Hatch-SUV-Sports-Super-Hyper cars. Sometimes I want a hot hatch, sometimes a sedan or an SUV. But deep in my heart I have a soft corner for low slung sedans!

Day dreaming about owning 1 (or few) from all the segments, after winning a super lotto from UK (currently at about £20 million price money - Waiting for it to reach £100 million to finally buy the tickets), that’s how I pass my free time, and my wife calls me absent minded, You my dear don’t know the million dollar plans I have.

Current cars owned in family are a Hyundai Eon (for my dad back in Kerala) and a very old Maruti Esteem (which I bought for learning driving and fell in love with). Also a Black Bajaj Pulsar 150-Dtsi for daily commute in mad Bangalore traffic (or should I call it terrific!)

Presently on deputation at UK, and I was lucky enough to get behind a lot of wheels here (mostly Rented cars), like Fiat 500, Nissan X-Trail, Toyota Rav 4, Vauxhall Insignia and Volvo V90 to name a few.

Professionally I am Mechanical Engineer, Started career as application Quality controller / CMM programmer with a leading Machine manufacturer. Throughout my career there, I was handling different automotive components, mainly Cylinder Heads and Blocks.

The ones which I cherish most are Tata Nano Cylinder Head, Cylinder Block, and Crank Shaft. I was the one Inspected the trail parts (100’s of them) to prove out the Machine, Fixture and tooling before putting into production.
And another one is Mahindra Eagle Cylinder Head and Block trials

Currently working as CMM Programmer for a Pioneer at Aero Engine manufacturer

Besides the passion for automobiles I am keen on Photography, Mainly Nature and People and of course Automobiles.

See you all around , Drive Safe!

Asish_VK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th July 2015, 16:43   #2
BHPian

re: Wow, I am a Team-BHPian!

Welcome to the forum, Asish VK.

Nicely written introduction. Well done. I also joined Team BHP yesterday, and can easily relate with your happiness. It would be nice if you could post ownership reviews of your cars and bike.

Can't wait for some snaps from your automotive diary!

Last edited by Nik2772 : 9th July 2015 at 17:01.
Nik2772 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2015, 17:02   #3
BHPian

re: Wow, I am a Team-BHPian!

Well, Newbie at the moment and 25 posts away from BHPian

Nice intro there. Welcome aboard.
Gotham_City is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2015, 00:48   #4
BHPian

Thanks guys

As far as ownership of eon, I may have to ask my dad to write one as he is the owner of it. I seldom get chances to drive it as I will be on work away. I am planning to get back from uk this year end and if everything goes as planned may see an ownership review of a new car soon

Thanks Guys,

As for an ownership review, I really have to ask my dad as he is the owner of the Eon. I am sure he will kick me off if I ask him to write an ownership review. but I will try to put something up

For the snaps from automotive diary, here is one for an appetizer
Attached Thumbnails
Wow, I am a Team-BHPian!-_mg_7480.jpg  

Last edited by Samurai : 10th July 2015 at 08:05. Reason: back-to-back post
Asish_VK is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks