Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th July 2015, 21:16   #1
BHPian

Hi Fellow Team-BHPians

Hello all,

I am a recent mechanical engineering graduate from Manipal (It happens to be in Karnataka unlike popular opinion). By God's grace, I cleared through college without any backlogs, so I end up being 22 years old. I have joined a major Automotive OEM in India. I am not aware of much consequences of posting the name here so I shall avoid that bit for now. But I shall surely contribute my bit to the forum by adding to relevant topics.
I have been following Team-BHP for quite sometime now to keep myself up to date with the latest news in the industry and new car reviews. After becoming a professional, I considered myself useful enough to enroll as a member.
Coming to my hobbies, I love travelling and I am a big fan of Europe especially Germany. Apart from that, I am an amateur photographer and have a flair for foreign languages. I have had a wonderful opportunity in college to drive the Formula Student car (A beast with a Honda CBR600 engine) on the Hockenheim Ring, which I could consider my best moment. I also have sufficient technical and practical knowledge on Vehicle Dynamics.

Moving on to the car ownership detail, I am yet to buy my first car. I probably should buy it sometime soon. Otherwise I have had the following cars in my family:

Maruti 800 - 1997-2006
WagonR - 2003-2006
Esteem - 2006-2009
SX4 - 2009-2015
Ciaz - 2015 - Present
Alto - 2004 - Present

I look forward to contributing to the Team-BHP forum.
PS. I am based in Gurgaon so if there are any meet-ups around, do we have a separate thread for that?

Thanks.
deathucider
deathucider is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th July 2015, 23:40   #2
BHPian

re: Hi Fellow Team-BHPians

Hi & Welcome aboard.

Though I am a newbie myself, just joined a few days ago. Thought I will introduce myself for the sake of us sharing the same college, and place of residence too. I passed out in 2004 Industrial Production from MIT. Loved the place. Have gone back a couple of times, once in 2008 & as recently as 2014 on a trip to Goa to just relive the memories once again.

I am now permanently in Gurgaon in Sec 47. Hope to catch up with you sometime.
Old 16th July 2015, 14:58   #3
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hi Fellow Team-BHPians

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathucider View Post
After becoming a professional, I considered myself useful enough to enroll as a member.
Hello deathucider,

Firstly, welcome to the Team-BHP Community

Looking forward to posts from you but hey, there is no pressure to contribute. Just saying.

Quote:
I have had a wonderful opportunity in college to drive the Formula Student car (A beast with a Honda CBR600 engine) on the Hockenheim Ring, which I could consider my best moment.
Must have been an exhilarating experience. What was the power-to-weight ratio of that car like?

Quote:
PS. I am based in Gurgaon so if there are any meet-ups around, do we have a separate thread for that?
Do check out this section for meets happening in your area.
Old 18th July 2015, 13:56   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Distant Second View Post
Hi & Welcome aboard.

Though I am a newbie myself, just joined a few days ago. Thought I will introduce myself for the sake of us sharing the same college, and place of residence too. I passed out in 2004 Industrial Production from MIT. Loved the place. Have gone back a couple of times, once in 2008 & as recently as 2014 on a trip to Goa to just relive the memories once again.

I am now permanently in Gurgaon in Sec 47. Hope to catch up with you sometime.
Surely. I would love to catch up sometime. Manipal has changed a lot since then, but the heart (aka DeeTee) remains the same

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2!!! View Post

Must have been an exhilarating experience. What was the power-to-weight ratio of that car like?
It had a weight of 250 kgs plus 60 kgs for the driver and a power of 61 HP at the wheels.
So if my calculation is right, it 0.19 HP/kg or or 5.08 kg/HP.
More importantly it had no electronics to reduce vibrations or power steering. So all of the raw power was felt to the core! Exhilarating is the word to describe it

Last edited by ampere : 18th July 2015 at 14:21. Reason: Merged back to back posts
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks