Team-BHP - What a Birthday Gift!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Introduce yourself (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/introduce-yourself/)
-   -   What a Birthday Gift! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/introduce-yourself/166048-what-birthday-gift.html)

Mod note: Please restrict smilie usage to 2 per post. Go through Announcements section to familiarize yourself regarding the forum etiquette's. Thanks.

Well, it can’t get better than this, I was trying to register myself in this hallowed forum of automobile connoisseurs for long time but had no luck.
Last week I thought, let me give it one last try, the wait from moderators kept me guessing and..
Voila!! as a last email on my B'day, my membership got approved, can’t expect a better B'day present

Little bit about myself -

My name is Abhishek Acharya, grew up in heartland in Madhaya Pradesh (Bhopal) and graduated from Allahabad as an engineer. Lived a life of nomad during my initial career days with good time spent in US, UK, France and Singapore. All this while, couldn't keep myself away from the love of this country, came back and camped myself in Bangalore. The camp has become a permanent home in last ten years.
Work as a sr manager in an electronics giant, I drive about 50 km a day in Bangalore traffic, still managed to keep myself sane and calm. Love playing squash and reading non-fiction books, off course driving is a passion…
Well, I must stop my rumblings here... extremely happy to be part of team-bhp:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Acharya (Post 3754648)
Mod note: Please restrict smilie usage to 2 per post. Go through Announcements section to familiarize yourself regarding the forum etiquette's. Thanks.

Well, it can’t get better than this, I was trying to register myself in this hallowed forum of automobile connoisseurs for long time but had no luck.
Last week I thought, let me give it one last try, the wait from moderators kept me guessing and..
Voila!! as a last email on my B'day, my membership got approved, can’t expect a better B'day present

My name is Abhishek Acharya, grew up in heartland in Madhaya Pradesh (Bhopal) and graduated from Allahabad as an engineer. Lived a life of nomad during my initial career days with good time spent in US, UK, France and Singapore. All this while, couldn't keep myself away from the love of this country, came back and camped myself in Bangalore. The camp has become a permanent home in last ten years.
Work as a sr manager in an electronics giant, I drive about 50 km a day in Bangalore traffic, still managed to keep myself sane and calm. Love playing squash and reading non-fiction books, off course driving is a passion…

Belated wishes on your Birthday and welcome to T-BHP.
I wish you have a good time here gaining and contributing.

Of all the things that you have written, the one that I liked most was the one quoted below.
Quote:

I drive about 50 km a day in Bangalore traffic, still managed to keep myself sane and calm.
This brings me to the question - What car do you drive? :)

Thanks hemanth.anand for the wishes!
Nowadays, I am driving XUV.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Acharya (Post 3754951)
Thanks hemanth.anand for the wishes!
Nowadays, I am driving XUV.

Ah, fellow XUV owner! Also an engineer! clap:clap:

Welcome to the forum, Abhishek!

Any plans of starting a ownership thread on teamBHP?

Quote:

Originally Posted by SDP (Post 3754961)

Thanks SDP!
Sure a long term XUV ownership review sounds like a topic, will try to put it together soon.

Welcome on board brother! Belated birthday wishes :)
How about starting with an ownership review or a travelogue.

Welcome aboard. One B'day to remember your whole life I guess! :)

When asked about the place they love the most, to a bunch of folks who travelled quite a lot in India, they told me its MP. You are lucky to be born there I guess. I always wanted to know what's so great about MP & I will definitely come around. If you have some beautiful t-logs of MP, please do contribute.

Welcome aboard & have a great time learning & sharing. Happy motoring.clap:

Welcome to Team-BHP and wish you a wonderful birthday as well!

Glad to meet a fellow Acharya from Bhopal. We are "brothers" from the same matrubhoomi. Excellent choice of car as well - the mighty Cheetah!

Although I am really curious to know how the 50-km jaunts in the daily humdrum of Bangalore actually keeps you calm?! rl:

Hope you stick around and start your ownership report. Would love to see some pictures of your prowling beast.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Acharya (Post 3754648)

Welcome to the forum Abhishek and as an owner of a XUV myself look forward to hearing your experiences and travelogues.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SDP (Post 3754961)

SDP, your ownership thread of your XUV, DUMA is going to be difficult to beat.clap:

Acharya , welcome to TBHP.

And belated Birthday Wishes :)

Thanks lot Zinda, swiftnfurious, RavenAvi and adu!!
Feel free to contact me for any information on M.P. I still spend couple of weeks there every year.