Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 31st July 2015, 14:28   #1
BHPian

Hey there fellas!

First of all, congrats to all members for maintaining such high standards in the forum.

I am an engineering graduate from College Of Engineering, Guindy, Anna University, Chennai and currently reside in Mumbai. I spent my childhood in Dubai.

I currently own a Skoda Fabia 1.6 and a Honda Civic. When my family was in Dubai, we owned a VW Tiguan, which we had to part ways with while relocating to Mumbai.

I've been a car enthusiast since childhood. I would make my dad take me for test drives of all the BMW Ms, Audi RS lines and Merc AMGs in Dubai , but unfortunately never had the pleasure of owning one.

Shall look forward to learning a whole lot about cars from my fellow BHPians and sharing experiences of any and everything automotive.

Happy cruising and best wishes!
Charles

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 31st July 2015 at 14:29. Reason: Smileys = 2 per post. Please go through the rules of the forum. Welcome aboard!
charlessuresh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2015, 13:42   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hey there fellas!

Hi charlessuresh,

Welcome aboard!

The Tiguan is a fab little car. I wonder when (if at all) will VW consider this car for India.

I'm guessing you're well-acquainted with the forum rules, if not, please go through them once.
Old 3rd August 2015, 14:49   #3
KPS
Distinguished - BHPian

I note that you have been infracted . One of the reasons you came on board TBHP, was because the high quality of the posts in this wonderful forum. We look forward to your help to maintain the quality of posting.

As a newbie, it is very important to make your posts count and not just count your post!

As S2!!!! has posted earlier, please read the Forum Rules.

All the very best

Cheers

KPS
Old 4th August 2015, 14:56   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlessuresh View Post
First of all, congrats to all members for maintaining such high standards in the forum.
Hi Charles
Welcome to the Forum!!

An infraction in the very early stages of your T-Bhp journey!!
Pls. read the Forum rules carefully as it does count here.

The Tiguan has been discussed at length in this forum and many speculations done not only with reference to its launch but also its price.

However, chances may look slim for an imminent launch considering its high sticker price. Also, VW does not enjoy a favourable ASC reputation in India.

Tiguan, if launched will in all probabilities be a CBU and hence even the spares and services will be expensive.

Happy revving!!
Old 5th August 2015, 19:42   #5
Senior - BHPian

Welcome aboard Charles!

Quote:
Hehe your infraction would have given you an insight into how the high standards are maintained

Quote:
I am an engineering graduate from College Of Engineering, Guindy, Anna University, Chennai and currently reside in Mumbai. I spent my childhood in Dubai.

I currently own a Skoda Fabia 1.6 and a Honda Civic.
Those are some nice wheels for an engineering graduate!!
Old 6th August 2015, 01:21   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPS View Post
I note that you have been infracted . One of the reasons you came on board TBHP, was because the high quality of the posts in this wonderful forum. We look forward to your help to maintain the quality of posting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by arnabchak View Post
An infraction in the very early stages of your T-Bhp journey!!
Pls. read the Forum rules carefully as it does count here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
Hehe your infraction would have given you an insight into how the high standards are maintained
I got infracted for my first post. I know I’m culpable for not getting familiar with the forum rules. There is a reason why teambhp is what it is today. People are used to a certain level of quality informative posts and the mods, who have contributed immensely to the site, understand that and keep it that way. I assure all the Bhpians that I shall do my my part in maintaining the quality of teambhp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPS View Post
As a newbie, it is very important to make your posts count and not just count your post!
Well Said!

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2!!! View Post
The Tiguan is a fab little car.
It is a fab little car indeed! The 2.0TSI is a gem of an engine. Since it is based on the Golf with 4WD, there’s extra traction to push you through corners whatever the weather.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnabchak View Post

However, chances may look slim for an imminent launch considering its high sticker price. Also, VW does not enjoy a favourable ASC reputation in India.

Tiguan, if launched will in all probabilities be a CBU and hence even the spares and services will be expensive.
You’re right. The Tiguan is even more expensive (in the gulf) than a CRV or a Fortuner (full-sized SUVs) even though it’s just a crossover, sized like a Ford EcoSport. It wouldn't make sense to launch it in India.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
Those are some nice wheels for an engineering graduate!!
I share these cars with my dad.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks