Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th August 2015, 23:40   #1
BHPian

Aboard!

Hello Bhpians!

This is a 22 year old guy from Delhi, India. I am into petroleum industry(sadly not which power our cars) and import of paper.
I own a 2008 Chevrolet Aveo LS (Limited Edition) and just booked a TATA Zest Quadrajet XT last week. Also, a '99 old santro does duty sometimes being a backup option, however since the NGT ban is there now will be disposing it in a couple of days.

I am an avid reader of Team-bhp for a couple of years and have learnt a lot from you guys! Just got in after a couple of unsuccessful attempts and I am really proud and excited to be here. I am literally glued to so many threads here.

Finally, there is going to be a Team-bhp bumper sticker on my car!
parth.jain is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th August 2015, 15:26   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Aboard!

Hello Parth,

Welcome to the Team-BHP community

Also, many congratulation for your newest acquisition. The Zest is a very impressive car. It is sad that not too many people are opting for it, despite Tata's sincere efforts. Do consider writing a detailed ownership review of the same once you get your hands on it.

See you around on the forum.
S2!!! is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2015, 20:57   #3
BHPian

Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2!!! View Post
Hello Parth,

It is sad that not too many people are opting for it, despite Tata's sincere efforts.
Sadly, that is not very true in my case. I have given some of the intial details about my buying experience here, and might be creating a thread in 'Indian Car Dealerships' section when the delivery is complete. Still they are trying to make it up, let's hope for the best. Actually I am more worried about the service aspect!

I too want to post a detailed ownership report, will start penning it down as soon as the car gets delivered!
parth.jain is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st August 2015, 10:22   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Welcome to the forum, Parth. The Chevy Aveo was one of the best looking sedans both inside & out for its time, it would compete even today with the others and come out as better value. Is the Zest replacing the Aveo?

I still think the NGT ban is ridiculous, as long as a car is well maintained and if parts are changed to new it shouldn't pose an environmental threat at all, specially the smaller engines like the Santro one. Are you selling off the Santro to someone from a nearby state?

Congrats on becoming a member, drive safe.
Old 21st August 2015, 12:16   #5
BHPian

Thank you @dark.knight

Yes, the Aveo could still compete with others in terms of comfort and build quality. Actually,nowadays none of the new generation cars in the segment boast such a good build quality!
No the Zest is not replacing the Aveo. It is replacing my 2006 Honda City ZX Gxi I sold last month.

I will be selling the santro to a car scrapper in Delhi, Don't want to get into the hassles of ownership transfer to other state!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks