Team-BHP > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th September 2006, 16:13   #1

Hey folks,
I am a software engineer from Bangalore. First of all I would like to express my appreciation to all the people who take time out to share their experiences here.

I bought a car couple of months back and as I had just learnt how to drive I was not sure how to go about it. A fellow Team-BHPian, tadukuttan, introduced me to this forum and that made my life so much easier. The reviews, the test drive reports and the long-term ownership reports were a great way of understanding what was available in the market and the pros and cons of each. I found the ownership reports to be the very helpful as they cut through the hype and one gets to know what to expect from a car, couple of years down the line. So thanks for the help and advice! Please keep up the good work.

Okay, now more about myself. Will be hitting thirty in another year and about to loose my independence in a couple of months.

As mentioned earlier, I bought a car recently and it’s a Hyundai Getz GLS. It has done about 1400 km by now. Haven’t done any modifications on it yet although I would like to go in for tubeless tires and alloy wheels. It currently sports a Pioneer MP3 system with JBL ovals at the back and Boston components in the front.

I also own a two year old Bajaj Pulsar 150 DTSI, which has given me around 10,000 kms of trouble free service. My only regret with the bike was that I was not able to go on highway rides on it. And that is something I want to rectify as far as the Getz is concerned.

I also read a lot, mostly fiction. KGB and CIA slugging it out against each other - that is what I love to read on a rainy weekend. Also play a lot of computer games especially ones like Half Life, Project IGI and Delta Force.

Will be writing about my experience with the Getz pretty soon.

Cheers,
Count
Old 5th September 2006, 16:34   #2
Senior - BHPian

Hey Count,

Welcome home ! Nice introduction there mate.

So you got a Getz - nice car if a bit on the slower side. Have fun and do read through the rules.

Also do try and put up pics of ur rides.

cheers
Old 5th September 2006, 16:36   #3
BHPian

Hi Count

Welcome aboard.. nice to hear another SE from bangalore..
Old 5th September 2006, 17:17   #4
bhp
BHPian

welcome to the family....njoy ur stay
Old 5th September 2006, 18:23   #5
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Great to hear we helped with your Getz Purchase, Count. Welcome to our community!

Doesnt the Getz already come with tubeless tyres? If you dont want to upsize, all you need is alloy wheels.

Please do read the announcements section to familiarise yourself with the Team-BHP protocol.
Old 5th September 2006, 18:46   #6
Senior - BHPian

Welcome & Enjoy your stay !
Old 5th September 2006, 23:51   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO
Doesnt the Getz already come with tubeless tyres?
The GLS variant does not come with tubeless tyres, only the GLS-ABS variant does.
Old 6th September 2006, 08:54   #8
BHPian

Hello Count,

Welcome Aboard And To Team-Bhp.

I too have pulsar and from the time I have the car I miss the bike for long journeys. The only long trip I have done on the bike is from bangalore to chennai.

Enjoy your stay.

Cheers
Old 6th September 2006, 09:00   #9

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome
Closed Thread

Most Viewed