Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th August 2015, 18:40   #1
BHPian

Hope is a good thing

“Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies” – Dialogue from Shawshank Redemption.
Well the reason to quote it over here is, it was my third attempt and was really hopeful to get through. And now I’m a member of Team-BHP family and really happy about it. Like every newbie, I am very much excited to be part for this esteemed group. Thanks a ton Moderators for approving my membership request.

To introduce myself, I am an Information & Technology consultant who simply copies and pastes code. Recently on TV I saw an ad of learning app wherein students explain how their love started with various subjects. Similar kind of thing had happened with me when I was in my early phase of my IT career. I came across Team-BHP through web browsing and don’t remember exactly when I had fallen for it.

My interests apart from automobiles include: Gadgets, lately trying my hands on camera and watching movies. I am also a Tennis fan who grew up worshiping Roger Federer. I burn my calories by moving on badminton court. Actually, I am huge fan of sports. I love watching any sports : be it on going world athletics championship, commonwealth games or likes of any commercialized games Pro Kabbadi, IPL etc. Although I am not very good at playing them, I had played Kabbadi and Kho-Kho at district level. That’s my achievement.

Now about my ride: I got Hyundai Elite i20 Asta VTVT bought in Dec 2014. It has recently completed 10K. Will post my ownership experience soon.

Till then,
Ciao!
carbhaari is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th August 2015, 16:58   #2
Team-BHP Support

Re: Hope is a good thing

Welcome to the forum Carbhaari

You quoted Shawshank Redemption which is my favourite movie, so we have a common favourite there but...

Quote:
grew up worshiping Roger Federer
And I belong to the Rafa camp but slowly moving to the Djoker camp now

See you around on the main form !!
Eddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2015, 17:15   #3
Team-BHP Support

Welcome to TeamBHP carbhaari. So what camera do you use? There are quite a few threads which will satisfy your interest in gadgets as well as in photography.

Enjoy your stay and looking forward to the ownership thread.
Old 29th August 2015, 20:46   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Welcome to the forum Carbhaari

You quoted Shawshank Redemption which is my favourite movie, so we have a common favourite there but...
Shawshank Redemption is my all time favorite movie. The more I watch it, the more I love it

Quote:
And I belong to the Rafa camp but slowly moving to the Djoker camp now

See you around on the main form !!
Thanks Eddy. No doubt Djoker is the best player around which justify his current ranking. But can't change my RF cap until he retires. I hope there is one more 18th slam for Roger at Wimbledon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Welcome to TeamBHP carbhaari. So what camera do you use? There are quite a few threads which will satisfy your interest in gadgets as well as in photography.

Enjoy your stay and looking forward to the ownership thread.
Thanks Jaggu.
I use entry level Canon 1200D camera. I got 18-55 mm and 55-250 mm lenses.
carbhaari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2015, 20:55   #5
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by carbhaari View Post
I hope there is one more 18th slam for Roger at Wimbledon.
I'd wish the same for him if I was sure that he would not turn into a cry baby at the presentation ceremony
Old 31st August 2015, 12:36   #6
BHPian

Quote:
I'd wish the same for him if I was sure that he would not turn into a cry baby at the presentation ceremony
Yeah, that was painful to watch but it happened just once at Australian Open final. But I wouldn't describe it as baby's cry rather I would describe it as emotional outburst. An athlete works really hard but fails due to mental barrier, an emotional outburst is quite natural. One has to admire his fitness though, hasn't missed a single grandslam due to any injury.
Let's see how he fares at Flushing Meadows. The action starts today.
Old 31st August 2015, 18:23   #7
BHPian

Welcome to the forum, carbhaari!

Please do take some time to go through the announcements section and acquaint yourself with the rules and guidelines of the forum. That would make your stay that much more smooth and pleasant.

Looking forward to your ownership report of Elite i20
deemash is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks