Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th September 2015, 10:41   #1

Yeah! Yes, I have done it

I still can’t believe that now I am the member of the Mecca of automobile information. Early morning mails have never been so pleasing, however when the subject reads “Team –Bhp membership Approved”, you go nuts. My wife had no clue about my excitement. My dog did sense my happiness and was the only one in the family who seemed to be thrilled on this great piece of news.

I had come across this amazing forum in 2009 while searching for some information on the net and since then I am hooked up. This was my second attempt since 2011 and I now realize how stupid I was to not apply for it regularly. Anyways better late than never. I must say the plethora of knowledge available on this forum is astounding. Well I was an automobile crazy kid since childhood and the only source of information during my school and graduation were my friends (sorry Automags don’t teach you about automobiles, they give you vague information about one). So Team-BHP became one stop for anything and everything I wanted to know about cars since 2009.

A Friend who also have been trying for the membership could not believe that i was through and was very jealous. I think i am still carrying that grin on my face..

About my car: I own a Honda Brio V ,it has clocked some 50k in 3 years and have been a decent performer throughout these years. I have taken it to some regular trips to delhi, and trips to Aligarh, Corbett, Ajmer, Udaipur and I have been very happy with the way it has behaved on the highways and off it too(Fields, no roads, water clogged roads). However , now I want a machine which promises me some real action packed memories, yes I am talking about The Thar. New thar is going to cost near 9 lac and with some mods 9.5, Oh gosh I need money and would have to convince the family against some conventional sedan..Lets see who wins. Will keep you guys updated on this.

And yes one last thing, it’s an honor to be a part of such an amazing race called Team-BHPians. I look up to a lot of you guys, would be a great experience to learn so much from you Petrol heads..

Now the introduction (almost forgot it in the excitement)- I am from Jaipur, did my schooling here and went for masters to Delhi. I and my wife run a playschool in Jaipur now, besides this we are fanatic about dogs/God, I have always kept one since my child hood, the breeds were Spitz, Doberman, Dashound, Golden Retriever, and now we have the dumbest of the lot (Saint Bernard) ‘Rocky’. My wife is going to kill me for calling her baby Dumb on a public forum.

Yours and now officially yours

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 11th September 2015 at 15:15. Reason: Smileys = 2 per post + corrected spacing. Please go through the forum rules! Welcome aboard.
SuperN is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th September 2015, 03:25   #2
BHPian

re: Yeah! Yes, I have done it

Welcome to the forum SuperN.

Yes, It is amazing to be a part of this forum. I too am a dog lover. Thar looks to be a promising vehicle. I own a Gypsy King MPFI which i have driven only 2K Kms in last three years. I also want to buy a Thar however not sure if i should spend such an amount on a vehicle which i am not sure if i would drive after the initial excitement is over. I visit aligarh twice in an year. I know how pathetic the roads were till few months back. I am glad brio makes through because I have to be very careful while driving a Honda City on those roads. Enjoy your stay here.

nIk
nik0502 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2015, 09:09   #3

re: Yeah! Yes, I have done it

Quote:
I also want to buy a Thar however not sure if i should spend such an amount on a vehicle which i am not sure if i would drive after the initial excitement is over.
I believe Thar is one thing which grows on you and the way it has been upgraded (ac , Steering, new interiors) to make life comfortable inside the cabin ,it can become an every day car and yes the engine has enough for your daily cruising and adventureous weekend drives. Finally the intimidating and daunting presence on road is reason enough for a lot of people to buy the Bull.!!
Old 13th September 2015, 18:19   #4
BHPian

Re: Yeah! Yes, I have done it

Welcome and enjoy your membership!
Old 14th September 2015, 11:04   #5
Senior - BHPian

Re: Yeah! Yes, I have done it

Hello SuperN,

Welcome aboard

Seeing your excitement, one can easily expect to see you around on the forum too often. Since you've been following Team-BHP since 2009, I'm sure you've come across this thread before, if not, check it out.

Upgrading from a Brio to a Thar is quite a big leap. I was too fascinated with the Thar for a short while. TD'ed it and immediately realized that unless you aren't a 'jeeper' (which I'm not) it will take a long time to fall in love with this raw machine. Hope you take an informed decision keeping practicality, value, fascination and all other factors in mind before zeroing on one.
S2!!! is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2015, 15:01   #6

Thanks S2!!! And johannskaria , yes I am really happy to be here , however the feeling have not sinked in yet. I would try to be an active member ,but my knowledge is zero in comparison to you people. So I am still trying to soak in from the forum
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks