Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th September 2015, 14:15   #1
BHPian

Let me in!!

Let me in … !!

“Let me in”. Exactly this was my single line response to the question "Why Team-BHP" on registration page when I first tried to register back in 2008. It was declined. I was bit shocked but read carefully registration procedure and then I understood what went wrong. It was my Orkut DNA!! No problem. let's try some other time.

Days passed. I started surfing Team-BHP regularly, It was a whole new world of information regarding automotive. It was addictive and it's still addictive, It's a great stress buster.

Came 2009. When I bought my first car WagonR , It was Team-BHP who played a vital role finalising it. I still remember a line written by some gentleman here on some thread “Fix your budget before buying a car and don't change it", That single line saved a lot of time finalising, booking and bringing home WagonR. Believe me It was worth buying WagonR. Now It was time to register on Team-BHP and share my experiences. Tried registering, failed. Grammar man grammar. Pay attention to grammar. I was and still feel is weak in it. No problem. Let's try some other time.

Came 2013. Till then Team-BHP was important part of my life. My day used to start with Coffee and Team-BHP. It still does.
Buying a Jeep was a long awaited dream. Can't explain in one sentence or a paragraph. But you know what I mean. Started reading about Jeeps and 4X4s. WagonR was almost 4 years old by the time I decided to buy a THAR. I sold my WagonR with 60k on odometer to finance downpayment for new THAR. THAR booking was already finalised and there came some unavoidable financial crisis. Had to cancel THAR. Didn't cursed my destiny but kept walking. I still regret selling my WagonR. Such a lovely Tall boy having multi utility vehicle usage and acceptable level of comfort of a Sedan. Nevertheless only thing constant in this world is “Change" and you have to accept it.

Came 2014. Still couldn't manage to came out of financial blunder of last year. But I was okay without a car for time being. It was the year when another dream came true. I got LEH'ed. I was never a hard-core biker. I had experience of small rides to hometown measuring 200-300 KM. in August 2014, I completed circuit of Jammu-Srinagar-Kargil-Leh-Khardug La-Pangong-Manali-Delhi-Pangong-Manali-Delhi on a Pulsar 150. Approximately 2400 KM in 9 days. A experience of life time which cannot be told in words. I will surely write about it in details sometime later. But would like to mention Just 2 memorable things of this trip.

1> Spent 2 days on border in Military camp. When I said on border I mean it. I have seen that white strip of border on a bridge from 1 feet. Thanks to ceasefire season. This was the only other place after WAGHA border where trade between India and Pak happens on selective days. Almost inaccessible for civilians. I will never forget that day because I got chance to check one of my favourite Sniper gun Dragunov (Project IGI) in the flesh. I kissed her. That was the second most memorable kiss of my life.

2> Solo ride from Pangong Lake to Jispa and Jispa to Chandigarh in 2 days.Appx. 900 KM. That was one hell of a ride in that region. Thanks to Home Sickness!

Came 2015. I started searching for other JEEP options as THAR was going out of Budget. After 1-2 months of analysis about which JEEP to buy and reading all pros and cons I decided to buy a used Maruti Gypsy MFPI. Again Team-BHP helped a lot to make this decision. After 3-4 months extensive search I found one well maintained Gypsy and the deal was done. Now after 4-5 months of Initial usage, I am happy to tell that my decision(with TeamBHP's help) was correct. It's my daily commute now. Even family members who were hesitant initially are loving Gypsy more than me. Kids are super happy because they have lots of free space at backside in Gypsy for mini WWF activities while we are travelling.

Now again time has come to register on Team-BHP and pay back to this community with whatever limited knowledge or experience I have.

Opened the registration form. Filled all required information from bottom of my heart and BINGO!! I am IN. I am now a part of big Team-BHP family.

This was the Journey from "Let Me In" to "I Am In".

Brothers!! My name is Kiran Patil, I am from Pune, Working in IT, A Successful failed Entrepreneur and still trying. Trekking, Photography, Bikes & Cars are my areas of interest. I Have 1998 Yamaha RX135, 1980 Bajaj KB RTZ and 2005 Maruti Gypsy MPFI parked in my garage. I treat them as my family members. I don't have any specific car or bike in my wish list. Just want to get driving experience of whatever that's available for ride. I have driven a loaded Tata-407 for a day just for the sake of experience. I love to do D.I.Y things. It's not about saving money but satisfying your itch of creativity and madness. I believe in“Eventualism".You won't be able to find that word in dictionary. Things will eventually come to you. You just need to keep trying.

That's all from my side. See you soon. Once again thanks a lot from bottom of my heart. !!

Keep Calm and Drive Safe!!

Mod Note: Lets keep the spirits high, but out of our system!

Last edited by ampere : 16th September 2015 at 07:39.
KiranPatil is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 15th September 2015, 14:46   #2
BHPian

Re: Let me in!!

Welcome to Team BHP!
It was interesting to read about your experiences on a bike in Leh. Would be good if you elaborate them in a travelogue format with photos if you can.
So, you moved from WagonR, to a Gypsy? Your contributions to the 4X4 sections would be valuable, particularly about the transition from a light car to a heavy jeep.
Enjoy your time here!
hybridpetrol is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2015, 17:02   #3
Team-BHP Support

What a great introduction KiranPatil!

Glad to see that Team-BHP has been a big part of your life till how, and now it's your chance to be part of Team-BHP

All the best,
R
Rehaan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2015, 18:28   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hybridpetrol View Post
Welcome to Team BHP!
It was interesting to read about your experiences on a bike in Leh. Would be good if you elaborate them in a travelogue format with photos if you can.
So, you moved from WagonR, to a Gypsy? Your contributions to the 4X4 sections would be valuable, particularly about the transition from a light car to a heavy jeep.
Enjoy your time here!
Thanks a Lot HybridPetrol, Sure there are many things to share in many sections.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
What a great introduction KiranPatil!

Glad to see that Team-BHP has been a big part of your life till how, and now it's your chance to be part of Team-BHP

All the best,
R
Thanks Rehaan for the warm welcome.!!

Last edited by Rehaan : 15th September 2015 at 19:12. Reason: Moving reply to the outside of the quote.
Old 16th September 2015, 16:04   #5
Senior - BHPian

A superb introduction. I was a little curious, so checked your profile and read your answer to 'Why Team-BHP?', must say that you really have spilled out your entire passion for cars there. Well, actually it overflowed a bit and the word limit was reached much before you finished your entire answer

Glad to see you on the Team-BHP. Welcome to the community.

Do go through the Rules once again before posting (if not done already).

Hope to see you around on the forum.
S2!!! is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2015, 10:25   #6
BHPian

Nice Introduction Kpya!

cheers mate!
BakyaBHP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2015, 10:41   #7
BHPian

KiranPatil!, Welcome to Team-BHP

I can totally relate to your excitement and joy of finally getting your membership approved as I am also sailing in the same boat (got my membership approved today).

As hybridpetrol mentioned, we would love to see some pictures of your Leh trip and if you decide to write a travelogue, well nothing like it.

Cheers.
grevvity is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks