Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th September 2015, 17:58   #1
BHPian

Good things do happen! Another enthusiast onboard

Hello Team-bhp, What's up?

Browsing through my mails just now, was pleasantly surprised to have received an e-mail subjected - 'Team-bhp membership Approved'. To be very honest, I was expecting a response by Monday or Tuesday i.e by 22nd September 2015 and beyond that I had more or less accepted that my registration form had been rejected as I had read quite a number of introductory posts mentioning multiple attempts for approval. Fortunately for me, the code got cracked in one go itself and I couldn't have been more happier. Well this calls for a small celebration, Isn't it? Oh yes! I'm a true blue Punjabi by heart and we celebrate anything and everything.

Well first things first, a little introduction about myself. I'm Gaurav, presently staying in my hometown i.e. Chandigarh. 26 years of age, proud Indian Army brat, an avid dog lover, voracious reader, die-hard Liverpool FC fan, novice photographer, travel freak, doctor by profession and finally a very passionate automobile enthusiast.

Been an absolute lover for anything automotive, whether the diecast car models of my childhood, to my first real world machine, Volkswagen Polo TDI, cars have always been the center of attraction for me. I learned driving on my dad's Indica V2 diesel in 2005 when I was 16. The car was passed on to me the very next year for my daily runabouts, although was mostly driven by the driver as I was strictly prohibited to get behind the steering wheel before I turned 18. And the moment I turned 18, joined a college far away from home near Pune, Maharashtra and the car-enthusiast in me was left with nothing but a stack full of books. My first independent car in the real sense would be VW Polo TDI which was bought in April 2012.

Have known about Team-bhp for a long time now and have spent many hours browsing through ownership and DIY threads but never had the time to register for its membership earlier as I had been pre-occupied in achieving some career goals. Sudden surge in love with Team-bhp again happened in July this year when I was looking for updates in regard to the launch of Creta here in India. Now as the career goals seem to be more or less in sight, took the plunge to give my passion for cars a much required boost.

My current interests - Buying a Mahindra Thar or restoring an old MM550. Have been toying with the idea for more than 6 months now. Although, don't really see this dream materializing anytime soon as I'll be re-locating to England for a while end of this year.

Other areas of interests - I love to travel and explore new places. Fortunately, being an army kid I have seen almost the entire length and breadth of our country. However, haven't been to Leh-Ladakh via road so that is one thing left in my bucket list. And the sand dunes of Jaisalmer are also left to be conquered. Planning on doing a Euro-trip by road with a college friend next year April if everything goes as I intend it to.

Cars I have previously owned

Tata Indica V2 DLS(2003-2011)
Ford Fiesta TDCI (2006-2011)
Hyundai fluidic Verna 1.6VTVT SX (2011-2015)

Cars owned currently

Hyundai Creta 1.6 SX+ CRDI (2015)
Volkswagen Polo 1.2 TDI (2012)
Ford Fiesta Classic TDCI (2011)

Cars on the wish-list

Mini Cooper S
Ford Shelby Mustang
Dodge Charger
Electric Golf Cart

A huge heartfelt thanks to Team-bhp moderators who thought I was worthy enough to be a part of this amazing team. Hope I can learn a plenty here and contribute as much as I can.
GameOfCars is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 26th September 2015, 15:13   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Good things do happen! Another enthusiast onboard

Hello Gaurav & welcome aboard .

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameOfCars View Post
Fortunately for me, the code got cracked in one go itself and I couldn't have been more happier. Well this calls for a small celebration, Isn't it? Oh yes! I'm a true blue Punjabi by heart and we celebrate anything and everything.
Hahaha - you can say that again. Punjabis sure know how to party.

Many BHPians get in on the first shot. It's only the ones who don't pay careful attention to the 3 notes (and we are VERY particular about them) that need to reapply.

Quote:
My current interests - Buying a Mahindra Thar or restoring an old MM550.
Please buy a Thar - even a used one will be way superior to a 20 year old MM550. Buying, restoring & owning an old Jeep isn't for everyone. Unless you are totally crazy about them, it can be a frustrating experience.

Quote:
Hyundai Creta 1.6 SX+ CRDI (2015)
Nice. I hope we can read an ownership review from you. I thoroughly enjoyed reviewing the Creta.

Quote:
Ford Shelby Mustang
Dodge Charger
My favourites, but nothing has quite taken my breath away like the Dodge Challenger. Gosh, what a handsome car:
Good things do happen! Another enthusiast onboard-2015challengergallery028.jpg
GTO is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th September 2015, 15:24   #3
Senior - BHPian

Welcome aboard Gaurav!

I must say that was one heck of an introduction, easily the best I would say.

Unless you insist that it be a golf cart, you may try the Reva, or the Mahindra E2O - the Indian electric car. I hear it is available in England too?
honeybee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2015, 17:37   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Hello Gaurav & welcome aboard .
Thanks a lot GTO. I have tremendous amount of respect and admiration for you as I've read almost each and every official new car review done by you and to state the least, you can put even the top most auto-journos of our country to absolute shame. I don't know if its there or not but I do believe there are many cult fan followers of yours here(including me) who look upto you. Keep up the good work sir.

Quote:
Hahaha - you can say that again. Punjabis sure know how to party.
Well that's one thing I really love about Punjabi's. Although I'm far from a typical one, as have stayed more time in Maharashtra/Andhra than possibly here, but living in such a multi-diversified nation as ours, its nice if one can inculcate the good bits from all corners.

Quote:
Many BHPians get in on the first shot. It's only the ones who don't pay careful attention to the 3 notes (and we are VERY particular about them) that need to reapply.
That's really good to know. Maintaining top notch quality here on a public forum surely must be a daunting task.
On a lighter note, I was of the opinion its equivalent to cracking the AIIMS entrance test.

Quote:
Please buy a Thar - even a used one will be way superior to a 20 year old MM550. Buying, restoring & owning an old Jeep isn't for everyone. Unless you are totally crazy about them, it can be a frustrating experience.
I completely agree with you on this. Well, my technical knowledge is next to negligible and that's what has been holding me back from picking up a used piece. Buying a new one now would not do any sort of justification as I'm here in India for just a couple of months more.

Quote:
Nice. I hope we can read an ownership review from you. I thoroughly enjoyed reviewing the Creta.
It was an impulse buy in our case. And fortunately, it has turned out to be worth every penny spent. I will surely start penning down the details as soon as I have ample time for it, maybe this Sunday itself. The car has already done 5000kms in less than 2 months.

Quote:
My favourites, but nothing has quite taken my breath away like the Dodge Challenger. Gosh, what a handsome car
That is one supreme beauty in every sense. I had been in love with this car ever since I saw it on american tv series Breaking Bad back in 2012. But the love for Charger goes long long back and its one of my absolute dream machines to own.

Quote:
Welcome aboard Gaurav!

I must say that was one heck of an introduction, easily the best I would say.
Thanks a ton honeybee for those very kind and generous words.

Quote:
Unless you insist that it be a golf cart, you may try the Reva, or the Mahindra E2O - the Indian electric car. I hear it is available in England too?
Well, it has to be a golf cart for me and that is purely for its aesthetics and the fun quotient attached to it. Ironically, Maini group, i.e. founder of the Reva electric car also manufactures electric Golf buggies as well.
GameOfCars is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th September 2015, 21:31   #5
BHPian

Hello Gaurav and welcome!

For me it took 3 attempts to get in here. Congrats on clearing it in first shot! Once again welcome and as you username goes, ALL MEN MUST DRIVE!!!
Old 26th September 2015, 22:23   #6
BHPian

Welcome Aboard Mate.
Old 26th September 2015, 23:26   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full_Minchingu View Post
Hello Gaurav and welcome!

For me it took 3 attempts to get in here. Congrats on clearing it in first shot! Once again welcome and as you username goes, ALL MEN MUST DRIVE!!!
Thanks a lot for a very warm welcome here. Hehe you got it absolutely spot on. All men must drive!

Quote:
Originally Posted by imove View Post
Welcome Aboard Mate.
Thanks a lot.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks