Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th October 2015, 14:12   #1
BHPian

Proud to be a BHPian from today

Hello All,

After about 7 years of being an avid reader and following principles of driving taught by T-BHP, I am finally proud to become a member! thanks to Mods for allowing me in.

I am Karthik, aged 31 years. originating from Hassan in Karnataka, I have made my home in Bangalore. I work with Accenture.

My family consists of of 2 kids Aditi(6 years), Aarabhi (3 years) and my better half Veena, who have come to become travel freaks like me in the last 7 years. The moment I say a trip, they become super exited and ready to start anytime. Our trips involve 2-3 days on road and usually involves a mountain or a water body, that's our favorite

My journey with automobiles below:
1. TVS XL Super - Dad bought this for college

2. TVS Victor - This is Dad's, but i used to use it mostly

3. Love for RX 100 started during college and finally materialized in 2004 after i started working. Had the RX for an year and could not spend much on fuel as i had to travel a lot and stopped using it and it was kept in hometown

4. Bought a used Baja Caliber and sold in 6 months as i had to travel to UK

5. Bought a used pulsar 150(2nd gen) and still have it, running absolutely fine, very low maintenance bike

6. Bought my first car - Maruti 800 AC in 2008 when i moved to Bangalore from Mysore and sold it in 2010

7. Bought a used Hyundai Accent( this one is for passion) and sold last year. performed very well, This is one car which comes to my mind as a perfect Sedan shape apart from Optra. I still love this as a sedan and prefer its shape than any other outgoing sedan < 11 laks

8. As my kids started growing taller and my trips to long distances increased, I needed a 7 seater and bought a Bolero ZLX last year. Absolutely love driving this jeep. Every time I drive it, my love for it only grows

9. Finally, taking inspiration from below thread on T-BHP restored my 1995 model Yamaha RX 100 completely with all new parts except the tires, engine and Silencer(did not want to loose out on the sound). Don't have a pic right now, but will post it soon

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...ed-advice.html

Apart from automobiles, I love getting adventurous. I have completed a few cycling trips, done parasailing, trekking to KP, Completed half marathon last year in about 2 hours and 30 mins.

A few pics of my rides, family and myself are attached.

Thanks
Karthik
Attached Thumbnails
Proud to be a BHPian from today-10264477_10203647455643716_2513825316049041946_n.jpg  

Proud to be a BHPian from today-parasailing.jpg  

Proud to be a BHPian from today-cycling.jpg  

Proud to be a BHPian from today-accent.jpg  

Proud to be a BHPian from today-family.jpg  

karthikd21 is online now   (8) Thanks
Old 16th October 2015, 12:15   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Proud to be a BHPian from today

Welcome Karthik .

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthikd21 View Post
My family consists of of 2 kids Aditi(6 years), Aarabhi (3 years)
Beautiful girls - God bless. They look super happy on the Accent's boot.

The Bolero sure seems to suit your lifestyle. Hope to see some threads of your travels & adventures.

Drive safe, buddy!
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2015, 14:16   #3
Team-BHP Support

Welcome

A nice shift of cars, eh...despite this, I am sure you would be arriving at your destinations quicker in the Bolero. About time to give it a nice set of alloys & tires.

Please share your ownership log & travelogue/s. And participate
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2015, 11:04   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Hello All,

After about 7 years of being an avid reader and following principles of driving taught by T-BHP, I am finally proud to become a member! thanks to Mods for allowing me in.

Thanks
Karthik
Welcome Karthik!

Lovely pics...God bless you and your family. Look forward to reading your travelogues.

Cheers
achyu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2015, 16:58   #5
BHPian

Welcome to the forum. Always good to hear from an explorer. Hope you will share your adventures.
Captain Haddock is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2015, 07:54   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Welcome Karthik .

Beautiful girls - God bless. They look super happy on the Accent's boot.

The Bolero sure seems to suit your lifestyle. Hope to see some threads of your travels & adventures.

Drive safe, buddy!
Thanks GTO sure, I will share my travelogues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Welcome

A nice shift of cars, eh...despite this, I am sure you would be arriving at your destinations quicker in the Bolero. About time to give it a nice set of alloys & tires.

Please share your ownership log & travelogue/s. And participate
Thanks Sheel. On the contrary, Bolero is not as quick as Accent, however it beats M800. But, I must admit that Bolero sure has made me more patient as a driver

There is a proposition of my family shifting outside India in a month and half, waiting for Visa approval. Hence, I have maintained my Bolero in stock condition and did not want to invest much. But, if the Visa doesn't work out, I have a list of additions: Alloys, Roof rack, Bicycle rack etc

Thanks Achyu and "Captain Haddok". Sure, I will put up my travelogues

Here is my restored RX
Attached Thumbnails
Proud to be a BHPian from today-image.jpg  

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 18th October 2015 at 20:00. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Please use multi-quote/QUOTE+ to quote multiple posts and respond to them.
karthikd21 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2015, 19:59   #7
BHPian

The immortal RX 100. Good to see you using it. I also have an RX for short errands. Please buy a better helmet if the one seen on the photo is yours. Such helmets though retro styled give no protection at all. Switch to a full faced helmet.
Captain Haddock is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th October 2015, 21:33   #8
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Thanks Sheel. On the contrary, Bolero is not as quick as Accent
What I meant to say is, because of our Indian road conditions, traffic and other uncertainties, a SUV might arrive at its destination faster than a sedan/hatch and is perfect for touring.

Nice RX there, yup, get a better lid
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2015, 22:16   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Haddock View Post
Please buy a better helmet if the one seen on the photo is yours. Such helmets though retro styled give no protection at all. Switch to a full faced helmet.
That is my helmet only, however I use it only for riding around homr for dropping wife and kids to their bus stop < 2kms and have a full helmet for longer distances. I am a patient of cervical spondilytis and hence cannot have a heavy thing on my head for long duration. So, my bike usage also has become very less, but your point is valid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
What I meant to say is, because of our Indian road conditions, traffic and other uncertainties, a SUV might arrive at its destination faster than a sedan/hatch and is perfect for touring.

Nice RX there, yup, get a better lid
You bet its the best vehicle for long distances. Every time take up a trip, I get reassured on the right choice last month when I was on trip to Tirupati, we were half way through and were asked to take a detour as entire andra went on strike post 10 am. The detour was a cross country drive and every single village had road blocks and we were made to take a small diversions through mud roads. Sometimes the mud roads had small boulders and the Bolero performed very well with 5 elders, 2 kids on board. There were times when everyone except the driver had to come out of the innova ahead of me so that the Innova could cross without getting damaged, but I could drive through with everyone on board

Thanks for the compliment on RX, I had to face a lot of scoldings from parents and wife for spending ~30k on a twenty year old bike, but then they were happy after seeing it in full form. Engine is still butter smooth.

Last edited by Technocrat : 20th October 2015 at 01:43. Reason: Only 2 smilies per post allowed, thanks
karthikd21 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2015, 17:42   #10
BHPian

Quote:
That is my helmet only, however I use it only for riding around homr for dropping wife and kids to their bus stop < 2kms and have a full helmet for longer distances. I am a patient of cervical spondilytis and hence cannot have a heavy thing on my head for long duration. So, my bike usage also has become very less, but your point is valid
I understand your situation,but there are very good full face helmets which are not at all heavy. You may find DOT approved helmets to be very light yet very sturdy.

Last edited by Technocrat : 20th October 2015 at 01:44. Reason: Please quote selectively as a quoted post causes inconvenience to our mobile readers, thanks
Captain Haddock is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks