Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th October 2015, 17:21   #1
BHPian

Ah, to be a part of the Team!

Dear Team-Mates

This is Nirvan Vithani from Mumbai and I work in the software services industry. Although my background is in electrical engineering, I have been interested in cars from a very young age because of our in-house automobile workshop that was supporting the family business of transportation. That was a long-time back (more than 30 years ago) and technology has changed quite a lot – so I am a bit out-dated. Therefore, I also try to follow the innovations happening in the auto industry. Although I have been visiting Team-BHP very regularly since many years, I am now glad to be a part of this awesome team.

Some of my other interests include DIY and alternative energy.

My previous vehicles include a Maruti Gypsy, Mahindra Scorpio, Toyota Innova and currently use a VW Jetta /Hyundai I10 / Tata Nano.

I like SUVs and MPVs and my current favourite SUVs are Mahindra XUV500 and Ford Ecosport because of looks and safety features such ABS & 6 Air-bags (unfortunately I had a pretty serious accident last year on the Mumbai-Pune expressway where my Innova rolled-over a couple of times due to aquaplaning , but was saved by God’s grace). I had some fractures on my face caused by repeated impact of the right-side seat-belt mounting on pillar, so that’s why I now look for cars with side/curtain air-bags as well.

I am looking for a compact SUV and one of the contenders being evaluated is the Ford Ecosport, but that will have to wait until the New Year.

Look forward to interacting with you folks and learning a lot of stuff.

Best Wishes – AutoSphere (AS)
AutoSphere is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th October 2015, 04:11   #2
BHPian

Re: Ah, to be a part of the Team!

Welcome Autosphere! Though I am a new member here too, I have been lurking around the forum for many years too.

Sorry to hear about your accident and glad that you made it back safe.

Hope to hear more from you on the forum.
Distant Second is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2015, 07:04   #3
BHPian

Thanks, DS for the welcome and should gradually get active on the forum.
Old 27th October 2015, 13:38   #4
Senior - BHPian

Welcome aboard AutoSphere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoSphere View Post
I like SUVs and MPVs and my current favourite SUVs are Mahindra XUV500 and Ford Ecosport because of looks and safety features such ABS & 6 Air-bags (unfortunately I had a pretty serious accident last year on the Mumbai-Pune expressway where my Innova rolled-over a couple of times due to aquaplaning , but was saved by God’s grace).
Glad to know that the accident didn't result in any serious injuries to you. Were you travelling alone? Hope no one else was injured too. Was the Innova a total loss or was it repaired later on? I'm guessing you got the Jetta soon after.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoSphere View Post
I am looking for a compact SUV and one of the contenders being evaluated is the Ford Ecosport, but that will have to wait until the New Year.
By next year you will have more options in the compact SUV category like the Vitara Brezza for instance.

Last edited by S2!!! : 27th October 2015 at 13:40.
S2!!! is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2015, 18:59   #5
BHPian

Thanks for the welcome , S2!

Yes, fortunately I was alone and belted - as always. Anybody else with me would have not survived. The Innova was a total loss and we got a paltry sum from the insurance company. But I must admit, I got saved because it is a pretty well-built vehicle.

Details of the accident should probably go on another thread?
AutoSphere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2015, 20:22   #6
BHPian

Welcome to the group Nirvan.

That seems like a really scary accident, Glad that you walked out of it safely.
looking forward to your DIY and especially alternative energy threads
famousshoes is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2015, 18:20   #7
BHPian

Thanks for your kind words, FS and may post details in a separate thread - some day !
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks