Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th October 2015, 17:48   #1
BHPian

Twisted Intro!

Hello There !

@Name
I am CAPSLOCK in small case. A world famous Indian sportsperson and I share same (first) name.

@Location
I belong to the Alphonso Mango capital of India. I currently reside in cultural capital of Maharashtra (Just in case you did not see my location in the left of your screen).

@Job
My job is to bang my head and keyboard in an air conditioned office.
I was born in an year which is a sum of the 1st 7 triangular numbers, and on day of month which is the largest number with a single-morpheme name in English and month was 7th of the 10 months on the oldest known roman calendar.

@Intro to TeamBHP
Google landed me on Team-BHP some years back. After that I am glued here (perpetually).

@Interests
With only a few years of physical strength left for sports, I am back to playing the unofficial national sport of India . I write blogs in my mother tongue for self satisfaction. (Just kidding... I write so that family, friends and their friends say "waah waah" :). I am also an amateur at playing instruments.

@Cars
I am a father of an eight month older and I still have all my "Hot Wheels" toy cars which I "owned" when I was a kid.
It was the best day of my life when my father bought a pre-worshipped national small hatchback of India back in 2000s. That 800cc engine was the most powerful machine I ever operated. I liked each and everything about that car. We sold it and then in 2010 we bought a brand new Petrol guzzler. I have baptized this car as "Chandika" (Well don't ask why… I just was not aware of TeamBHP then).

After that, for the need of small city roads we bought one more 800 cc, this time Korean one (AKA "The longest division of geological*time" AKA Cutie). I just love this car. This one was booked right after reading the TeamBHP official review. I thank TeamBHP mods for making "doodh ka doodh aur pani ka pani" (Or should I say "Petrol ka petrol….") of all the cars.
Now I am planning to sell my Chandika and buy a new one (This time Automatic).

The ~9.8L OTR VW Bazooka (AKA GT TSI) has won all my heart but the entry of new ~8.1L OTR FIGO dual clutch auto (AKA Smarty) with fantastic power and 10 year gearbox warranty has dangled my opinion. (Help me please!)

Please pardon my shameless burst of the word "I" (23 Times to be precise) in this post.

See ya around!!

Last edited by Rehaan : 30th October 2015 at 16:24. Reason: Cool intro! Just adding some line spaces to aid readability :)
capslock is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 30th October 2015, 14:22   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Twisted Intro!

Welcome aboard capslock.

A mysterious intro there. Nice way to hold the readers' attention with all those riddles

Quote:
Originally Posted by capslock View Post
We sold it and then in 2010 we bought a brand new Petrol guzzler. I have baptized this car as "Chandika" (Well don't ask why… I just was not aware of TeamBHP then).
Didn't quite decode this one. Which was the petrol guzzler that you bought after the 800 and before the Eon?
S2!!! is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2015, 14:28   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2!!! View Post
Welcome aboard capslock.
Didn't quite decode this one. Which was the petrol guzzler that you bought after the 800 and before the Eon?
Thanks much S2!!!

@Petrol Gulper
Clue lies in the name which I have given her.. "Chandika"
Old 30th October 2015, 14:32   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Hello There !

We sold it and then in 2010 we bought a brand new Petrol guzzler. I have baptized this car as "Chandika" (Well don't ask why… I just was not aware of TeamBHP then).

See ya around!!
I guess it is the SX4, and before I forget, welcome

Last edited by batterylow : 30th October 2015 at 14:35. Reason: Just noticed the year
batterylow is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2015, 23:00   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@Petrol Gulper
Clue lies in the name which I have given her.. "Chandika"
I know...it is a Tata Indica Vista 1.2L Safire . It most probably is a white (moon = chand) Indica; hence Chandika?

I can imagine why it is a petrol gulper - heavy car + underpowered engine + revving it more than usual to keep pace with faster traffic = higher fuel consumption.

I was very close to buying the Indica Vista 1.2L Anniversary Edition (with tan leather interiors, alloy wheels and a black roof) in 2010, before my mother heard some negative things about Tata and decided against it. However, till date when I look back (not that I regret my decision), the Vista with all the possible bells and whistles (leather et all) was priced at Rs. 4.86 while I bought a completely stripped Maruti Ritz LXi for Rs. 4.65. The Vista definitely is 'more car per car'.

P.S. I went through your profile to find the answer
S2!!! is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st October 2015, 10:36   #6
BHPian

- Yes, correct! Also Chandika rhymes with Indica.

- You are absolutely right about the fuel consumption of Vista. Mine gives <=10kmpl

- Believe me, your mom saved you. When I look back I regret my decision. We decided to go for Vista instead of Wagon R. Indian car with FIAT engine convinced me to go for it. I was absolutely unaware about engine power and power to weight ratio etc. All I knew was that it has a 1.2L engine and an expensive Swift also has 1.2L one.

There is absolutely no fun to drive Vista petrol. Also the niggles are just too high for Tata cars. My car's fuel indicator was not working on Day 1. I think Vista is 'more car per car when it works'
capslock is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st October 2015, 12:23   #7
Senior - BHPian

Sure the title brought me here instantly. Good to come across a twister once a while. Well, we have all kind of twisters in here, well moderated by able mods of course. Have fun and hold your twists while driving. (meaning Drive Safe - Always).

Last edited by RajaTaurus : 31st October 2015 at 12:24.
RajaTaurus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2015, 00:57   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Hello There !
Namaskar capslock and welcome to Team-BHP

Quote:
I am also an amateur at playing instruments.
Which instruments do you play? I play the guitar.

Quote:
Now I am planning to sell my Chandika and buy a new one (This time Automatic).

The ~9.8L OTR VW Bazooka (AKA GT TSI) has won all my heart but the entry of new ~8.1L OTR FIGO dual clutch auto (AKA Smarty) with fantastic power and 10 year gearbox warranty has dangled my opinion. (Help me please!)
If I remember correctly from one of the posts on the new Figo/Aspire thread, the warranty on Dual clutch Transmission is 2 years/100,000 Kms.

In case your driving is limited within city limits, you can even consider Baleno CVT (Delta). It seems to be pretty VFM and you get almost all features of top end variant (Alpha) as accessories except Projector headlamps, LED DRLs, Apple CarPlay.
Also, it is much more spacious than GT TSI and Ford Figo DCT.

Ford Figo 1.5 P (AT) does score with features like ESP, TCS, HLA, larger engine over the Baleno 1.2 Delta (P) CVT.

I would suggest you to stay away from VW considering the current diselgate scandal (read resale value) , DSG issues and long term reliability, VW GT TSI servicing costs/ after sales service and limited rear legroom.

Ofcourse this is just a basic comparo.
Do let us know which car you finally pick.
HolyDriver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2015, 09:37   #9
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I was born in an year which is a sum of the 1st 7 triangular numbers, and on day of month which is the largest number with a single-morpheme name in English and month was 7th of the 10 months on the oldest known roman calendar.
Nice twisted intro! And a nice handle as well!

A take on your date of birth:

Year :
Tn = n(n+1)/2
Sigma Tn can be worked to : n(n+1)(n+2)/6
For n=7, you were born in '84

Date :
Single largest Morpheme name in English : 12th

Month:
7th month on Old Roman Calendar: September

Last edited by ampere : 4th November 2015 at 09:42.
ampere is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th November 2015, 10:09   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Nice twisted intro! And a nice handle as well!

A take on your date of birth......
Thanks much for the compliment, for reading the intro and for spending some time for those small riddles

And yes your answers are absolutely correct!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyDriver View Post
Namaskar capslock and welcome to Team-BHP

Which instruments do you play? I play the guitar.
HolyDriver, Namaskar and thank you for the warm welcome!

I am just a self taught amateur when it comes to playing Harmonium and I am in nursery school when it comes to playing a flute! Great to see that you play guitar! Some day, I just wish to try my hands on guitar as well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyDriver View Post
If I remember correctly from one of the posts on the new Figo/Aspire thread, the warranty on Dual clutch Transmission is 2 years/100,000 Kms.
...........Do let us know which car you finally pick.
Thank you so much for these inputs. I liked both Figo and GT TSI. Have not tried Baleno yet. Will let you know for sure!
As the intro thread will close after some time, I have posted same question about automatics here: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-c...e-guide-7.html

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 4th November 2015 at 10:25. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Please edit your post within the 30 minute edit window to add/edit your posts.
capslock is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2015, 12:14   #11
BHPian

Quote:

Welcome!

Just to clarify 10 year warranty is a mistake instead its normal 2 year thing with extended warranty available.

Mods: This 10 year thing is a mistake that lot of people are unaware of (including me), can't we post a news bulletin or something to make people aware of the correct warranty period.
heydj is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks