Team-BHP > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th November 2015, 11:01   #1

Hello from Mumbai

So now that I am finally on board TBhp, let me introduce myself.

A Virgo by birth, an MBA by Education and ex Vice President by profession and currently an Entrepreneur - I'm a typical Mumbaite who works hard and parties harder. I've been an autohead all my life, be it cars or bikes. My passion started with bikes as a kid and swooped on to cars in my mid teens and I enjoy the best of both the worlds till date.

My journey into the world of automobiles started with our first family car – The Premier Padmini Fiat and foray into bikes came with a moped which soon got upgraded to a Sunny scooter and later to a Kinetic Honda once I learnt to ride. Not one to be content with gearless bikes I got my first geared bike, my Yamaha RX100 as soon as I joined college. This bike was to be my faithful companion for the next 10 years. During this time I got hold of a Bajaj Chetak Scooter and then a Lambretta just for the sheer pleasure of owning one. But being an adrenaline junkie a 100cc bike and 150cc scooter did not satisfy my addiction completely and I purchased my then dream bike a Yamaha RD 350 which was my pride and joy for years. My holidays were spent with my mechanic fussing over my RD 350 trying to get the best out of it. At the same time my family purchased a Maruti 800 - a simple no fuss vehicle for me and subsequently we bought home a Maruti Esteem. But my passion for bikes ensured that the cars remained almost a virgin till it was time to let go of them.

So here I was with 6 vehicles in my stable - My Yamaha for everyday riding, my Chetak and Lambretta for a retro experience my RD 350 for that power addiction, my Maruti 800 for fun times with friends and the Maruti Esteem for fun times with the family. But alas, like all good things my adrenaline rush came to a brief halt after I graduated and went to London for my further studies. My stable had to be emptied before I left, a pre-condition laid down by my mum who didn’t want the burden to look after my vehicles for the period I had gone and my brother had shifted to Dubai so there was no one to look after my babies. So with teary eyes and a heavy heart I started letting go of my babies one by one. I held on to the RD 350 till the very last day of my departure.

Cut to my return to Mumbai in the late 2000's. I got myself a Bajaj Pulsar 150 partly because I couldn’t be without a bike in Mumbai and partly because most of my friends owned one and had great things to say regarding its performance. My interest in cars came back as soon as I felt the need to own one as a bike was not a convenient mode of transportation professionally in the line of work I was in. This began my hunt with visits to show rooms and test drives and finally settled on a pre-owned Honda City till I zeroed on to my dream car the Skoda Octavia. I finally purchased my dream car in Feb 2011 a pre-owned Skoda Octavia Rider 1.9 TDi 2008 model which was sparingly used (30,000 kms) as the owner already had a Mercedes and a Landcruiser. So it was bye-bye time for my Honda. My Skoda has been my faithful companion since then. It has clocked over 71,000 kms and is going strong. I had kept it in stock condition until 2 years ago when I got the ECU / ECM remapped. There was some great information on TBhp on remapping ECU/ECM's and was blown away by the information available here.

I sold the Bajaj Pulsar last year and treated myself to a Honda Activa. Apart from my Skoda I own a Toyota Corolla H4 AT which is mainly used by my better half since it is a no fuss vehicle. Ocassionally I like to take it for a spin in the mad chaotic traffic of Mumbai and feel the sheer bliss of owning a AT. My next vehicle would definitely be a decent SUV.

My other interests away from automobiles lie in in HiFi Music / Home Theatre Systems, Computers, Travelling, Cinema and Music.

So that’s my journey into the autoworld so far. It indeed is a pleasure to be a part of this forum and I look forward to interacting with fellow members and sharing information and generally making our community a fun place to be.
TheCoolestOne is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 6th November 2015, 17:29   #2
Team-BHP Support

Re: Hello from Mumbai

Welcome !!

After reading that intro, the only question that strikes me is -- "What took you so long to find us ? " Lol.

But now that you're a part of the family, do familiarise yourself with our rules.

Eagerly looking forward to some pics of your garage and the ownership reviews, especially the Skoda and the RD350 !

See you around, cheers
Eddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2015, 16:44   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Lovely intro, TheCoolestOne. Welcome to Team BHP and hope you have as much fun here as you've had owning your various vehicles
Old 19th November 2015, 10:34   #4

Thank you for the warm welcome guys and please excuse the delay in my revert.

Will upload pics of the vehicles in my stable ... current and ex. Will need to dish out pics of the Rd 350 from some old photo albums.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed