Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th November 2015, 13:25   #1
BHPian

Diwali Greetings from a Newbie

Hello friends.

At the onset I would like to take this opportunity to wish all my new friends a very Happy Diwali. It was a pleasant surprise for me that after three failed attempts, I have finally been approved to be a member of this fabulous community. And what a time to get the much desired approval – On the auspicious night of Kali Puja and Diwali. A Big Thank You to the Team-BHP administrators. I salute your dedication to the community. On a day when the entire nation is enjoying the festivities with families and friends, you took out time for sending out the approval to me as well as many others I presume.

A little bit about me: - I hail from Guwahati, Assam and am currently based here as well. Throughout my career I have been associated with the Tea Industry of Assam. Like most people in their mid thirties I too have a better half, but no children as yet, although we are planning to plan for kids in the near future.

A bit on my vehicular history (which is not immense though): - I have been raised on a white Ambassador Mark III owned by my father. As I approached my teens my father got ensnared by the Maruti 800 craze that was more like an epidemic at that point of time and one fine day brought home a brand new white Maruti 800 AC. I still have fond memories of my family members (including me) getting all worked up and hyper-excited to get a car with an AC. I learnt to drive on that very Maruti 800 when I was a 15 year old boy. But with time comes change and after owning the 800 for a period of nine years and while I was doing my graduation from Pune, my family settled for a peacock green Maruti Zen in the year 1998. The green Zen was a craze between me and my friends. We used to go on drives to Shillong, Pobitora and quite a few other places around Guwahati. After retaining the Zen for 11 long years finally we bought a white Alto 800 for my mom and the car is still with us and does a lot of running around the city.

Meanwhile I joined the Tea Industry in the year 2004 and by 2006 upon receiving my confirmation my search for a used car started. After checking many vehicles I finally settled for a white Fiat Palio which was owned by none other than my brother-in-law. Till date that was the best car ever for me. After revving the Palio for more than three years, the heart started demanding a new car. Finally managed to sell off the Palio and buy brand new silver Swift DZire petrol in the year 2009. The Dzire fulfilled most of my hearts desires till the year 2015, when again the new car bug started. Listed the DZire on OLX one fine day, sold it at a decent value the next day and after going through various reviews on Team-BHP finally went and booked Carnelian Red Pearl Honda City petrol at Spectrum Honda. Got delivery of the car in a week’s time (1st July 2015) and since then have not looked back. Initiation process of the city started with a trip to Kaziranga Wild Life Sanctuary in the month of August to celebrate my mother’s 75th Birthday and a seven day trip to Bhutan during Dusshera.

Now that I have been approved as a new member of this unique community, I look forward to your support as well as learning a lot from all of you. Thanks again to the Team –BHP administrators for your faith in me.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 11th November 2015 at 13:28. Reason: Spacing. Welcome aboard and Happy Diwali! :)
pduttaghy is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 13th November 2015, 13:49   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Diwali Greetings from a Newbie

Season's greetings & wish you a happy new year!

Curious to know what exactly you do in the tea industry?

Good choice with the Honda City. It's the 'can't go wrong' all-rounder from the segment. Drive safe!
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2015, 11:12   #3
BHPian

Re: Diwali Greetings from a Newbie

Hi GTO,

Thanks a ton for the warm welcome. Presently I am involved with the Auction of Tea's in Guwahati. Prior to that though I used to work in the Tea plantations.

You are absolutely right about the City, every time I sit inside, somehow it invariably brings a smile on my face. She has this magnetic presence which draws me to her so much so that whenever I mention to my wife that it's been quite a while I have taken her for a spin, the wife says "But you took her out for a spin just day before yesterday".

Anyway I am really happy with my lovely City and hopefully we can have a Yaari Meelon ki.
pduttaghy is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks