Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th November 2015, 18:16   #1

Sat Sri Akaal Team-BHP!

Note from the Support Team:

1. Post edited for readability, please take time to punctuate and leave a space between paragraphs. Do Preview before submitting posts.

2. Reference to alcohol removed.

3. Smileys are limited to 2 per post.

Please go through the rules of the board. Thanks!

Hello folks!!

So Happy to have finally cracked the code... ( If you find this post looong then bear with me)
I am Kushal Gupta from Chandigarh-The City Beautiful, The Best Planned City, Pride of India (being kind of show-off but i am very proud of this city).

I was a car nut since i was a 3 years old naughty brat (i used to snatch toy cars from people.)
This started when my parents took me to my cousins house, he used to have a swanky new coca cola toy truck and being attracted to it i snatched it from him and took it with me back home ( after a lot of Siyapa ).

December 2008
After Destroying a fortune worth of cars ( including hot wheels, couple of imported remote control cars, etc) my love for cars took a whole new definition after my parents decided to buy our first car ( baby Chevy aka The Spark) after being reluctant all these years ( Dad loved his good ol chetak).

We started this process in july and after countless visits to different showrooms decided to bring baby chevy home on 23rd December.
I used to spend hours sitting inside it to absorb the feeling of our first car and decided to not destroy my new toy, and i started learning to drive a car from my grandmothers driver.

After 7 years baby chevy has clocked 56k kms and has not disappointed me till now.

May 2010
After deciding to join engineering there was a need for a new two wheeler for my daily up down to IIT tuitions my parents a new baby alongside the chetak and baby chevy, the honda aviator aka hawabaaz. This my first personal vehicle.

May 2012
I was desperately waiting for this month as i would get my official drivers licence and be able to drive the baby chevy ( although i have driven it unofficially but this would be OFFICIAL).

Now alongside baby chevy i have driven a lot many cars as i have a knack for asking the keys from people who have different cars. I have driven the Acura MDX, Merc E, The Bad ass Chevy (Camaro), Honda Odyssey (all of these while i was visiting my uncle in USA), Hyundai i20, and the list goes long.

So if i have the luck to meet some of the members, I may ask you for the keys.

Thanks and Rab Rakha
-Kushal

P.S. People who are in chandigarh at any point of time can contact me if they need any kind of help.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 12th November 2015 at 19:41. Reason: Please refer the note posted above. Welcome aboard!
Kushal_Gupta is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th November 2015, 20:05   #2
BHPian

re: Sat Sri Akaal Team-BHP!

SSA and welcome aboard.

How is city beautiful doing these days? I've heard it's becoming clogged up with traffic now just like the big cities.
Old 12th November 2015, 20:26   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarySkulls View Post
SSA and welcome aboard.

How is city beautiful doing these days? I've heard it's becoming clogged up with traffic now just like the big cities.
City Beautiful is beautiful as always. Yes Traffic has increased manyfold but because the city is compact and planned we can re-route and prevent it very easily, but for those who are stuck in the jams the delay is for 15 minutes max.
Old 12th November 2015, 23:46   #4
BHPian

Sat Sri Akal Kushal
Welcome to the wonderful community. It feels special to have a bhpian in vicinity and the best part is we have same birth year.

Do go through forum rules here

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarySkulls View Post
Indeed, the traffic has increased from last few years and peak hours last longer than usual. On the flip side, Chandigarh Administration deploys enough policemen on busy intersections and chowks to regulate traffic.
procrastinator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2015, 22:52   #5
BHPian

Re: Sat Sri Akaal Team-BHP!

Sat Sri Akaal kushal, I am from Jammu, think we are neighbors. Wow, boy you got lot of flak and for all the wrong reasons in your first post only, i have got it too my friend, initailly , Do take care buddy, rules are strict here. Welcome aboard.
Old 15th November 2015, 00:11   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_snk View Post
Sat Sri Akaal kushal, I am from Jammu, think we are neighbors. Wow, boy you got lot of flak and for all the wrong reasons in your first post only, i have got it too my friend, initailly , Do take care buddy, rules are strict here. Welcome aboard.
Thank You amit_snk. Yeah i have got my share of flak, They are strict, but i will definitely take care next time buddy. Well thats good for me that we are neighbors. We should try and have a team bhp meet in punjab, lot of members here.
Old 22nd November 2015, 08:31   #7

Hi Kushal_Gupta, I am also a new member here, so welcome to both of us I am from your neighbour city Panchkula. Looks like the membership in the tricity is growing or maybe there are already many members. A good and reassuring feeling I must say
Afterburner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2015, 12:41   #8
BHPian

Hey Kushal_Gupta, welcome aboard mate. Good to see other folks from Chandigarh and around joining the forum as well. Should make for a great time if and when we do plan for a Chandigarh meet someday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afterburner View Post
Hi Kushal_Gupta, I am also a new member here, so welcome to both of us I am from your neighbour city Panchkula. Looks like the membership in the tricity is growing or maybe there are already many members. A good and reassuring feeling I must say
Welcome to you too Afterburner. Do start an introduction thread as well so that other members can know a little more about you. Hope you have a great time here. Cheers!
GameOfCars is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks