Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st December 2015, 12:19   #1
BHPian

Qualifiers done...Let's race!

Hi BHP'ians,

I am a software engineer by profession and a petrolhead by heart. I come from a family not so fond of automobiles yet the passion grew on me. Safe to say I will be the first generation petrolhead in my family so to say .

It was a long awaited desire to join the coveted automotive forum where I used to spend a good amount of my morning hours going through the updates. Thanks to the moderators, I will now be able to share my experiences as well.

Starting off, I own a PULSAR 150 UG2 and a Fiat GP 1.3 MJD Dynamic. Love both of them and feel both are a bit alike as both of them were ahead of their times and unique in their own ways. PULSAR broke the shackles of 100cc barrier and opened up a new segment of bikes and won it too ( Although CBZ supersedes it but I tend to consider PULSAR was spearheaded by BAJAJ-KAWA RnD India). Punto is the underrated superstar which is kind of mi-understood by Indian junta.

Although the new age vehicles are bringing a whole lot of artillery to the battleground, I remain loyal to the old war horses and cherish them. I want to keep them but also want them to win in this flat world. Coming to that from a year I am being haunted (I say haunted coz it is literally eating me up) by the idea of converting my stock pulsar to a twin cylinder version.

I has been pondering with this idea of plonking or fabricating a parallel twin engine into my bike but my resources are limited and I don't think the people who may be interested in this (Atleast in India) is very less. I have talked to more machanics about this than anything else, but none of them know for sure if that is possible. But all said the muscat v-twin story keeps me hooked to the idea.

Hope to make more friends and learn the artistry of automobiles going forward.
raghu.bramha is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2015, 15:13   #2
Team-BHP Support

Re: Qualifiers done...Let's race!

Hi Raghu,

Welcome to Team-BHP. Good to have you here.

I'm a fan of the Linea. I love its looks, ride and handling. It could do with a more powerful engine though.

I'm not sure you'll be able to fit a parallel twin in the Pulsar without extensive modifications. Unless you have a competent team of mechanics, I strongly advise you not to attempt it.

We'll look forward to reviews of your vehicles on Team-BHP.

Do take some time to go through Team-BHP's posting rules.

See you on the forum.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks