Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 24th December 2015, 13:47   #1

Hi All

Hi All,

I have been following Team-BHP for a long time now, from when i was a student in Hyd. I have been an enthusiast with a budget from the beginning, so i have been following so many posts here to make the right call and honestly opinions here have mattered more than anything else in making my buying calls.

In the last 8 years i have bought a second hand santro, honda city, chevrolet cruze, bmw 320d and a jetta. All of these, courtesy to tips and lessons from here i have managed to run, upgrade and sell for some profit.

From my college days to now, i have matured and settled down and recently bought my first new car, a honda city CVT for my wife but on the way have gained a few tricks of my own, managed some very good relationships with car workshops, and would love to give back to the community here.

I currently work in retail and soon will be heading a brand

Cheers,
Sid
sidinchina is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th December 2015, 09:58   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hi All

Welcome aboard Sid. Good to have you here

How did you come up with your handle? You studied in Hyderabad and your location shows that you're in Mumbai, so are you moving to China or...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidinchina View Post
All of these, courtesy to tips and lessons from here i have managed to run, upgrade and sell for some profit.
What really caught my attention was the last part. Could you share a few instances?
Old 26th December 2015, 18:03   #3
BHPian

Hey Sidinchina! Welcome to team-bhp!
Your intro caught my attention. Seems like you've learned the buying-selling tricks of cars very well. Could you share it with us?
Also we'd like to hear from you your experience with your current and all your previous cars.

Keep Revvin!
Old 28th December 2015, 13:52   #4

Hi,

Thanks for the welcome message. My handle is from my email id I made as a kid. I have spent my early school years in china and it just stuck around as i still use that email and its easy to remember similar user IDs.

One of the examples I give to people is about selling cars and making some money is to sell it in smaller towns. People there are hardly going to drive around cars for more than 200 Kms a month, so what they are looking for is a clean looking car, which runs silently and has a good music system and seat covers.

My first far was a Santro (1998), which i bought in 2006, still in college, doing odd jobs for 60k in Hyd. The car had a good engine and didnt have any dents on it, but had done 65000 kms. Í kept it for 18 months till i graduated and moved to delhi with it. During the course of this year, i put in some money (about 15k) on a good second hand music system, new seat covers, second hand tyres. So even though the car was old and everything in it, it felt much newer sitting inside. I sold the car to someone in Dehradun at 85000 kms done, and sold it for 1.05 lacs.

Making sure you have good contacts in workshops with mechanics always helps. I have managed to get near new second hand car parts from cars which have been repaired under insurance. Like a second hand AC compressor for Rs. 6500, from a brand new C1 sedan, which was involved in an accident. The part costs upwards of 25000 from the showroom.

Obv these contacts are made over time, by taking your work to them, referring more business to them and just by being genuinely nice to them.

Do let me know if i can be of any help. I have stopped making extra money via cars as i have moved up the corporate ladder quite a bit and dont have much time except give advice.

Its a retirement dream to own a workshop someday.

Cheers,
Sid

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2!!! View Post
Welcome aboard Sid. Good to have you here

How did you come up with your handle? You studied in Hyderabad and your location shows that you're in Mumbai, so are you moving to China or...?

What really caught my attention was the last part. Could you share a few instances?
sidinchina is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2015, 14:37   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidinchina View Post
One of the examples I give to people is about selling cars and making some money is to sell it in smaller towns. People there are hardly going to drive around cars for more than 200 Kms a month, so what they are looking for is a clean looking car, which runs silently and has a good music system and seat covers.
That's some very useful advice. Thanks!

Quote:
My first far was a Santro (1998), which i bought in 2006, still in college, doing odd jobs for 60k in Hyd. The car had a good engine and didnt have any dents on it, but had done 65000 kms. Í kept it for 18 months till i graduated and moved to delhi with it. During the course of this year, i put in some money (about 15k) on a good second hand music system, new seat covers, second hand tyres. So even though the car was old and everything in it, it felt much newer sitting inside. I sold the car to someone in Dehradun at 85000 kms done, and sold it for 1.05 lacs.
Wow

You actually used the car for 20,000 Kms and ended up making Rs. 30,000 over and above of the cost you incurred. That's a fantastic deal! I'm looking forward to more posts by you on the forum. I'm certain that your experiences will help a lot of readers.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks