Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th December 2015, 00:32   #1
BHPian

A dream come true!

I have been following Team-BHP since 2010 and have been trying to register myself as a member from the very same year. Finally after trying for 5 long years, My membership was approved! I got so excited that i started shouting and all my family members were startled for a second! .I am from Chennai and i am in my Final year of Mechanical Engineering.

I remember my childhood days very well. I used to sit on my dad's lap, cruising down the streets in an Opel Astra! That's where it all started. Slowly started visiting the workshops with him during service and got acquainted with all the technicians out there and that too at a very young age. Slowly everyone around me saw my interest in cars and started consulting me about it and if anything went wrong, I was the first person they would consult.

I currently own an Alto and a Chevrolet Optra. Optra is actually more than a car for me. It was the last car my dad used after he passed away in 2011. So my daily car is the Alto and i love each and every bit of it. It's been three years and have clocked around 38000 kms in it.

Hoping to meet a lot of fellow BHP'ians and also gain a lot of knowledge from this wonderful community and also at the same time contribute to the community and also maintain the standards it has been holding since it's inception. Sharing a few pictures of my cars. Cheers!
Attached Thumbnails
A dream come true!-piksha0075.jpg  

A dream come true!-img_20131112_190512.jpg  

ard1955 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th December 2015, 09:45   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: A dream come true!

Great to have you on board ard1955! Your Optra looks great and doesn't really seem to have aged at all. Any mechanical upgrades to the Alto?
Tushar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2015, 00:05   #3
BHPian

Welcome to the team ard1955.Please go through the rules and regulations once. Good to see your optra in nice shape.

These fog lamps on the alto are MGA or you got them from local market? Please share the expenses incurred as I am also willing to get a pair for my ride.

Regards
Aakarsh
Aakarsh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2015, 23:01   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tushar View Post
Great to have you on board ard1955! Your Optra looks great and doesn't really seem to have aged at all. Any mechanical upgrades to the Alto?
Thank you Tushar! It's all due to my dad's maintenance! He used to keep it spotless. No major upgrades Tushar! Just cosmetic stuff like lights, fog lamps etc. Nothing apart from that.
Old 27th December 2015, 23:04   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aakarsh View Post
Welcome to the team ard1955.Please go through the rules and regulations once. Good to see your optra in nice shape.

These fog lamps on the alto are MGA or you got them from local market? Please share the expenses incurred as I am also willing to get a pair for my ride.

Regards
Aakarsh
Thanks Aakarsh! Feels great to be onboard! I suggest you don't go in for the fog lamps. That is not MGA and is a local make from Delhi if i am not wrong. I wasted 600 rupees for that assembly because the reflectors faded within two days. I went to the shop again and got it replaced and again it had the same problem. I am on my fifth set now and im tired of changing it every 3 months. I've now lost hope and it's just there for show and nothing else. I suggest you go in for Proper Hella Foglights which gives you best visibility and throw. Do make sure it is street legal there.
Old 27th December 2015, 23:27   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tushar View Post
Thank you Tushar! It is all due to my dad's maintenance. No mechanical upgrades, But i have done the following :

• Fog lamp assembly (x2)
• Philips BlueVision Ultra 4000k H3 55/60w fog lamps
• Autocop Piranha Security system
• Centre Armrest
• Steering cover
• Hella Red TwinTone horns
• Internally Adjustable ORVMs
• Rear Parcel tray
• JBL GTO 959
• Pioneer HU X-6590BT
• Interior White Light
• White License plate lights
• Black painted Rims
• Stickering jobs
• Number plate (SPEEDEX) frame front & back
• Debadged
• Michelin XM2 tyres (33721 kms done)
• Hella Red Grill horns
• Rear windscreen Tinted
• P8 HID 4300k Headlights.
ard1955 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2015, 23:30   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aakarsh View Post

Regards
Aakarsh
Thanks Aakarsh! Feels great to be onboard! Please do not go in for the fog lamps. It's just waste of your money. And no, this is not a MGA. It is a local brand called 'ocean' costed me 600 rupees for the assembly. The reflectors fade out soon and you will have to keep changing it every month. I've stopped changing the assembly and left it as it is. I suggest you go in for Hella Fog lights which give you excellent throw and visibility. Do check if it is street legal in your state.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks