Team-BHP > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th January 2016, 11:51   #1
aLY
BHPian

Intro from an excited one

This is going to be my inaugural post here in team-BHP, and I'm super excited to write one after reading many intros.

I'm 29, born and brought up in Kerala, and work here in Chennai for last 5 Years. I have been with automotive OEMs for nearly 10 years and essentially work for development of Electric Vehicles. I'm an avid reader of team-BHP since 2006 and celebrating 10 years of happy reading with a membership approval. Thanks to the mods for approval and if my memory serves me well this is happened after four un-successful attempts.

I own a GT-TDi 1.6 and done close to 30K in less than 2 years. You can find me often traveling between Chennai-Malappuram, Kerala (Chennai-Ulundurpet-Salem-Palakkad-Malappuram route). So keep an eye for a flash red GT with LTD sticker, next time when you are on same route. I will be more than happy to meet a BHPien on road than anywhere else, because Roads and Automobiles are the reason for why we are here in team-BHP.

Excited to be a part of team-BHP and See you all in forums.
aLY is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th January 2016, 12:49   #2
KPS
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Intro from an excited one

Welcome on board aLY. You obviously have automobiles in your blood, considering that you work for an automotive OEM and you drive a GT.

Electric vehicles are important to keep the pollution down and your work is going to be important for all of us. Hybrids are also very fascinating. If I had the money would have bought a Camry Hybrid, for sure

With your knowledge and experience I sure you can add lot of value to this wonderful Forum.

Please read the Rules before posting

Happy posting

KPS
KPS is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th January 2016, 15:07   #3
Senior - BHPian

Re: Intro from an excited one

Welcome aboard aLY. Good to have you here.

As KPS pointed out, we all can surely expect a lot of informative posts from you due to your knowledge and 10-year experience developing EVs.

Do post some pictures of your 1.6L GT TDi. It's a rare breed. A true sleeper car that can put some much more expensive sedans to shame.

If I may ask, why do you think your membership got rejected previously, and what different did you do this time around?
S2!!! is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2016, 17:45   #4
aLY
BHPian

Re: Intro from an excited one

"An irresistible enthusiasm to be addressed as BHPien" - I believe that made the difference this time, and earlier I must be lacking the same.

Thank You "KPS" and "S2!!!" for the kind words and welcome note. I will try my best to do justice to your words.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed