Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th January 2016, 18:57   #1

Boy oh boy! I'm so excited to be here

What does 6 years, first car purchase, couple of job changes, preparation for professional certification, marriage and responsibilities do to a person? Make him wiser, but more importantly a Team-BHP member . In case you didn’t get it, my membership was rejected for obvious reasons way back and I decided to give it another try last week. Boy oh boy! I am so excited to be here!

Howdy! I am Abhishek from Hyderabad. As per my handle and Team-BHP Hoodies, I am known as Obi-Wan but you can call me Obi. Yes, I am a HUGE Star Wars fan but that alone is not the reason I go by this name. During the college Counter Strike and World of Warcraft phase, my friends and me have decided to form a clan named “The Force”. We picked names from both sides of the force wherein I chose Ben Kenobi. Fast forward few years, I started to work in an MNC post my graduation. At times I had to get on calls with clients from other side of the globe and they had a tough time pronouncing Abhishek. Instead of wasting 10 minutes teaching them the pronunciation and the meaning of my Indian name on every call I started going by my clan name “Obi”. It spread like wildfire and before I could do anything about it, my boss, his boss and everyone around me started calling me Obi as well.

I am from Financial Services Industry and have just crossed over to the other side of 30. I love cars so I read and learn whatever I can about them from Team-BHP forum. But the one thing I religiously go through in depth without fail is the monthly ‘Car Sales Figures & Analysis’ thread. I get to learn so much about the Indian car market, sales trends, buyer’s mindset and many more because numbers never lie. I know it is boring but going through numbers and making an informed decision based on facts is what I do day-in and day-out. Apart from this I very closely follow the alternative fuel sector of automobiles for both personal and professional reasons.

My workhorse has been my 5-year-old red VW Polo who is ready for an ICE upgrade and for that I’ll try to get some advice from the ICE Gurus. I love to travel whenever my work permits. I once did a solo trip to Goa on my elder brother’s Thunderbird 350. Last year my wife and me have driven to Kanha National Park, Madhya Pradesh in our Polo. Hopefully I’ll try to capture the essence of my next outing through a travelogue.

Please follow traffic rules, wear seatbelts, helmets and take care of yourselves.

May the force be with you!
Obi-Wan is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 15th January 2016, 12:03   #2
Team-BHP Support

Re: Boy oh boy! I'm so excited to be here

Welcome to the "Force"! You decide which side this turns to be be! Already five years onto the Polo. Would be great to hear about it.

Welcome again and may be "force" be with you!
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2016, 15:28   #3
Senior - BHPian

Nice and crisp introduction. Welcome A(Star)board. Wish you great journey through this Galaxy of T-BHP. 5 years playing Polo and still keeping it. Would like to hear some Horse stories on it. Drive Safe.
Old 15th January 2016, 15:41   #4

Thanks for the warm welcome Amp and Raja!

Polo has been a very trusted companion and I have not faced a single issue so far. Touch wood! I've been planning to upgrade the ICE on my Polo for the past couple of months. Due to tight budget constraints I initially had to make do with Polk Db6501 in the front and Db651 in the back powered by Alpine IDA-X305 HU and no amplifier.

Now I am planning to retain the HU and replace the Polks with Focal AS Series components in the front and coaxials in the back along with a 4 channel amplifier and a subwoofer. Hopefully will get all of this done before the month end. I will post further details in the ICE section.

Last edited by Obi-Wan : 15th January 2016 at 15:44. Reason: Curtaining repeated posts for thanking members
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks