Team-BHP > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th January 2016, 16:34   #1
BHPian

Open Sesame

At last the doors to the Automobile heaven open its door to a novice. I have been itching to be a part of this wonderful community since the day my colleague introduced this site.
I have been following the various reviews, travelogues, street experiences and I am amazed to find the amount of information shared on the site.

I am Mohan, born and bred in Bangalore. My interest in vehicles started in 1988. My father ultimately decided to buy a moped for the immediate requirements of the family. It was a TVS Champ
When I finished education, my employment required me to move around and hence I got a second hand TVS Suzuki AX 100 (Japanese Engine, Indian assembly), you know the cross breed. It was a great
experience riding this wonderful bike for close to 15 years and simultaneously, we also got a second hand Kinectic Honda for my sister.

My cousin, who lives in Shimoga (central karnataka) introduced me to a Maruti 800. In the second minute holding the steering, I managed to press the accelerator instead of the brake. Fortunately,
I was able to stamp the brake just in time to avoid hitting an electric pole (Uffffff !!!) . That was when I decided that I shall learn driving through a qualified professional and will only drive any other
vehicle once I have got my own.

In 2007, the decision was made. I wanted to buy a car. After a long thought and a lot of deliberations in the family, I finally got a Maruti 800, brand new from Mandovi Motors, Lavelle Road. For the next
few days, I was feeling proud of driving this little maniac around Bangalore and I managed to manouvre through the heavy traffic without any mishaps (Yahoo!!)

In 2011, I wanted a bigger vehicle within my budget and decided to buy a Maruti Eeco 5 Seater with AC. Oh Boy! I have loved this vehicle. It has been a great support to the family and the innumerable drives I have had driving this. I have clocked 94000 KM in 4 years (Dec 2015). I normally hit the highways on every available opportunity. I have not driven further than Mumbai so far but I am sure I will.

Every time I see a Team BHP sticker on any vehicle on the road, I feel like just stopping and salute the person for being a responsible road user.

Sorry for the long intro. But being frank, I am amazed by the kind of people I share this forum, HVK Sir, Eddy, GTO, TSK1979 etc just to name a few and I am sure my knowledge will be enriched going forward.
Mohan
MSMILES is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th January 2016, 19:33   #2
BHPian

That was a great introduction Mohan. Welcome to the forum!

I also like Eeco, you actually get your penny's worth. Engine pull is decent (for price paid), space is good, quality and comfort is acceptable for a car of this size and price. My school van was an Eeco and I always admired how much better it was than the Omni in almost every way. 95k kms in 4 years is decent run, I am expecting some travelogues from your side. As a private user, I guess you would have spiced up your ride in these years. Share some pics if so.
Old 15th January 2016, 19:58   #3
BHPian

Re: Open Sesame

Thank you Swift Guy. Surely yes, I have loved every moment I have driven this vehicle. I believe it is the best Value for Money vehicle that I can see today. The pick up is great, the comfort for the driver is excellent. I agree that it is not a great feeling for the people sitting in the middle (I am talking about the head rest etc.)

Will surely post a few of my travels on the forum.

Great feeling about being a part of this family.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed