Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th January 2016, 16:38   #1
BHPian

Hey Team-BHP!

Hi BHPians,

Hope all of you are doing great today!

My name is Chandra, a Business Analyst by profession working for an automotive conglomerate here in Dubai – UAE. I am a 36 years old originally from India, to be specific from Mangalore – Karnataka who has been living in the UAE for almost 3 years now. I love to travel, listen music, watch movies, love cricket, love playing volleyball.

I have been a regular visitor to this website for quite a long time now and have been an ardent fan of the discussions on various topics that gets posted here. I really love this site because it has detailed reviews on almost all new / used cars that are sold in India mentioning all possible pros and cons which in my opinion helps a huge number of people in decision making process while buying a car.

I own a blue Bajaj Pulsar – 150 CC back in India which I used to ride when I was in Bangalore during my tenure with an IT Major before coming to Dubai. I’ve lived in Bangalore for almost 7 years which is truly a diverse multi-cultural city that boasts of people from almost all states of the country. Apart from Pulsar I also own a Maruti Ertiga ZDI which is a true MPV family car that my brother drives back home.

Coming back to Dubai, I own a Jeep Grand Cherokee powered by a 4.7 L - V8 Petrol Engine with an automatic 5A gear box. This has the Quadra-Trac II system that contains a two-speed electronic transfer case for full-time active 4WD operation and locked 4WD low range.

I feel privileged to be a part of this group and really look forward to take part in discussions that happen on this forum.

Happy & safe driving!

Thank You 

Best Regards,
Chandra
cbatrody is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th January 2016, 11:23   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Hey Team-BHP!

Welcome Chandra!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbatrody View Post
My name is Chandra, a Business Analyst by profession working for an automotive conglomerate here in Dubai – UAE.
How's life in Dubai? I was there in 2014 on holiday for nearly a week. Had quite a blast . Loved the systems & general discipline around.

You're lucky to be working in an industry where your passion lies.

Quote:
Coming back to Dubai, I own a Jeep Grand Cherokee powered by a 4.7 L - V8 Petrol Engine with an automatic 5A gear box. This has the Quadra-Trac II system that contains a two-speed electronic transfer case for full-time active 4WD operation and locked 4WD low range.
Sweet. Taken it to the dunes yet?
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2016, 01:47   #3
BHPian

Re: Hey Team-BHP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Welcome Chandra!

How's life in Dubai? I was there in 2014 on holiday for nearly a week. Had quite a blast . Loved the systems & general discipline around.

You're lucky to be working in an industry where your passion lies.

Sweet. Taken it to the dunes yet?
Thanks GTO, Life is great here, everything is pretty systematic & this is one of the safest cities in the world to live in. Almost 50% of the people are Indians / Asians so you actually don't get the feeling of living abroad. Also, the locals here are very tolerant and welcoming of other cultures and lifestyles.

I agree with you - 100 %, I feel really lucky to be working in this industry 

No, I have not taken my Jeep to dunes yet, but I am planning to very soon. Probably I desperately need a shift from “having time” to “making time”!

Let me know if you have plans to visit Dubai again, we can catch up over a coffee.

Thank You!
cbatrody is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks