Team-BHP > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th February 2016, 23:13   #1
BHPian

I am in Team-BHP now

Warm Greetings!!

Well what should i say, a big thanks for allowing me to be part of this ever expanding and Live Knowledge Base.

Hey Guys, I am a young MOUNTAINEER (Model-1975) from Shimla working in Telecom Born and brought up in the Hills.
I have been following Team BHP for a long time and I also prefer to Drive against being Driven.

My first car was a Old Model Maruti 800 which was my father's gift to me when i was in College. I have lots of lovely and cherishing memories of the car.
Next was a Suzuki 800 and side by side i also drove a Suzuki Gypsy. I feel Maruti 800 is the most underestimated car of its time.This car has taken me to places where many cars of today dare not go.

Then came in Suzuki RITZ in Year 2009 which i bought after in-depth research of months (Thanks Team BHP). When i went for TD i was the one with most information on the car and Sales guy was just not complaining.
RITZ is a car which i drove to great places from Shimla to Sangla to Delhi to Amritsar to Rohtang to Pooh to Srinagar to Jammu to Jaipur to Agra and have covered around 1 Lakh Km in last 7 years.Have also driven in Goa (rented car - again a Ritz thanks to Team BHP).
Great experience and lots of fun (may times scary also).

Now its time to retire my Ritz and i am looking for a replacement, Last three years have passed but i could not zero on any car.

I have one small dream, to own a GYPSY which is smaller but wider, has AWD,ABS,EPS with great suspension,Airbags and plush interiors.
Like to Drive it downhill in freezing 2 Feet Snow with inspiring confidence that All-is-well.I hope, With advent of so many small sized SUV and so called CUV Suzuki will take a cue.

Regards

Mountaineer
mountaineer is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th February 2016, 09:29   #2
Team-BHP Support

re: I am in Team-BHP now

The mountain and the Gypsy is surely an awesome combo ! Welcome to forum. The town of Shimla has so much emotion to go with it, and you have lived through all through your life around that area!

PS: When I read you saying you are a mountaineer, I thought you climb the peaks!
ampere is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th February 2016, 10:44   #3
BHPian

re: I am in Team-BHP now

Dear Ampere,

Thanks for a warm Welcome, you have got it right Gypsy and mountains a great combo and a must have.

The foot note of yours has stuck an emotional chord and it made me go down the memory lane some 20 years.
No i am not a Professional Mountaineer, but if 3 IDIOTS had happened when i joined college i definitely would have been a Pro today.
I had also enrolled myself in the Institute of Mountaineering but then you know same old story - study, burn midnight oil, job, money, powerpoint et all.
Though i have moved on and i am enjoying life with short trips of hiking and trekking, but I have promised myself that someday i am surely going to join
the institute for a course and scale a peak or two, but when i don't know.

However thanks for your kind words and motivation.

Regards
mountaineer is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th February 2016, 15:07   #4
BHPian

Re: I am in Team-BHP now

Welcome onboard Mountaineer.

You are definitely on a right dream. May it become a reality soon.
Watch out for MS Jimmy (not sure if they are launching it in India)
Or else build you dream with a Thar.
redbaron91 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2016, 23:54   #5
BHPian

hey mountaineer,
welcome to the forum. Yes the gypsy is a great vehicle in the hills and snow is where it truly shines. Me and a couple of friends really enjoyed driving in today's snow clad roads in the Thar.
bullrun87 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2016, 00:08   #6
BANNED

Welcome to the forum and have a great stay here. Do familiarize with the rules here.

Do share you travelogues so that we all benefit too. More the number of travelogues on the hills, merrier it is and it is one such area that no one is tired reading about. One new learning point is found in every travelogue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountaineer View Post
Then came in Suzuki RITZ in Year 2009 which i bought after in-depth research of months (Thanks Team BHP)....1 Lakh Km in last 7 years.Have also driven in Goa (rented car - again a Ritz thanks to Team BHP).
The Ritz -- One underrated and neglected car by Maruti Suzuki. Had they put down some more focus and efforts in marketing, this car would have sold well even though the shape at the rear was quirky. At the end of the day, this car grows on you.

I have spent 3 lovely years with it and hit a 1.08L kms milestone whereby I exchanged it with Swift ZDi thereafter. Absolute not of a car with no drama and reliable as ever. Excels on space, drive-ability, overall Performance, comfort and packaging.

Sad to see the car die as Maruti isn't interested anymore in it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountaineer View Post
Now its time to retire my Ritz and i am looking for a replacement, Last three years have passed but i could not zero on any car.
How a Mahindra XUV 5OO W10 AWD?
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2016, 09:28   #7
BHPian

Dear redbaron91 and Dear bullrun87

Thanks for warm welcome. Greetings to both you you.

Both of you are fans of Thar i guess. I did toy with an idea of Thar as a ride but then i realised in harsh snowy conditions it has to be a Gypsy or else it has to be a gypsy, nothing else.(with due respect, no offence to anyone)

So my hunt for new ride continues !!

Cheers
Old 8th February 2016, 11:00   #8
BHPian

Dear a4anurag,

Wow, its was nice to meet someone having similar experience and feelings for RITZ.

Yes, i could not agree more definitely a neglected car by MS and has more space and better driving experience compared to similar cars.
It has a commanding sitting position and so becomes very difficult to get adjusted in other similar cars. (not naming any but most cars).
I am looking to replace my car but not able to get a better driving position, a roomier cabin and similar if not better driving comfort from any recent cars even at a slightly higher price point.

Mahindra XUV is going to be slightly bulky to drive daily in tight roads and i am looking for a sleeker car.

Since i am in the team now, i will share my experiences. Here are few photos of snowfall in Shimla Yesterday on 7th afternoon.

Hope you enjoy !!
Attached Thumbnails
I am in Team-BHP now-img20160208wa0010.jpg  

I am in Team-BHP now-img20160208wa0013.jpg  

I am in Team-BHP now-img20160208wa0015.jpg  

I am in Team-BHP now-img20160208wa0001.jpg  

I am in Team-BHP now-img20160208wa0002.jpg  

I am in Team-BHP now-img20160208wa0003.jpg  

I am in Team-BHP now-img20160208wa0017.jpg  

I am in Team-BHP now-img20160208wa0000.jpg  

Last edited by manson : 8th February 2016 at 13:07. Reason: Date changed as per trailing post.
mountaineer is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed