Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th February 2016, 10:44   #1
BHPian

Glad to be part of Team-BHP

Hello Friends,

I had recently applied to be part of this forum & I`m privileged to have been given a membership within a few weeks` time.

I`m from Shimla but have been living in Canada for last 10 years. I`m a Mechanical Čngineer & have worked for a number of global oil companies in last 22 years. I specialize in the field of automotive lubricants & have had the fortune of catering to esteemed brands such as Ferrari, BMW, Mercedes, Chrysler & Suzuki as my clients in my official capacity.

The story behind my joining Team BHP is quite an interesting one. I was surfing internet a few months ago to gather information about modifications, off road experiences & automotive scene in general in India when I came across this forum. I was quite impressed by knowledge of the some of the contributing members about all the topics automotive. I had a child hood dream to own a Gypsy from my college days & I`m happy to report that my dream was brought to fruition a few days ago on my recent trip to India. Pictures are enclosed. The only changes I have done is to shod the Gypsy with 215/75R15 Yokohama Geolanders & no I have no intention of changing stock wheels as in my opinion these lend character to the vehicle. I have also fitted a pioneer audio system with a 2 channel amp. I plan to install 4 LED cube lamps as auxiliary lights. The car will be primarily used for long road trips in the mountains that I plan to take during my visits to India. This will be a 3rd car in the family in addition to a Honda City & a Wagon R.

I had the privilege to participate in `Himalayan Rally` (yes the mother of all the rallying events in India) as a Marshal in 1988, & 90 & the seed of motoring was sown in my heart. I drove from Shimla to Leh along my father in 1991 in a Mahindra Jeep (Petrol). That was followed by innumerable road trips in a multitude of vehicle across Himachal. I went on to do bachelors in Mechanical Engineering with a specialization in Automotive Technology.

I visit India every year & take road trips in Northern India, mostly in Himachal which is my home state. My interests include traveling, driving & landscape/still life photography.

My first car was a Maruti 800 in 1996 followed by a Ford Ikon in 2003. After I left India I have owned a Honda Civic, A Dodge Charger (5.7 ltr. V-8). I currently own a Hyundai Santa Fe (3.5 ltr. V6 Petrol) & a Ford Edge (3.7 ltr. V6). The next car on my list is a BMW 4 series Cabriolet (saving for it ……).

I look forward to exchange views & read interesting accounts of all things automotive on this fabulous forum.

Regards.
Attached Thumbnails
Glad to be part of Team-BHP-gypsy-king.jpg  

Vikram Arya is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 6th February 2016, 16:23   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Glad to be part of Team-BHP

A warm welcome to the forum, Vikram.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikram Arya View Post
I specialize in the field of automotive lubricants...
One area where your expertise will be very sought after. Lubricating oils are a mystery for most of us, and TAN is what one acquires while exposing one's skin to sunlight for prolonged periods. Look forward to your contributions on the subject.
SS-Traveller is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks