Team-BHP > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th February 2016, 18:11   #1
BHPian

After 7 years of an offline relationship, finally a part of Team-BHP!

Hello everyone here, this is Nandeep Pathak staying in Mumbai, 28 years old and a Chartered Accountant by profession associated with Corporate in Retail Industry. I would like to thank the moderators for giving me this opportunity to share my experiences about vehicles and travelling whatever little bit I am aware off.

How I got into Vehicles.
I come from a background where no one in my family knew driving. My Dad had Bajaj Sunny and thereafter Bajaj Chetak on which he dropped us to school, that’s it, there was no interest at that point of time.

In 2005 my cousin bought a used Maruti Esteem, he is a crazy vehicle lover since childhood. Post that, he planned a long drive to Himatnagar, Gujarat for attending the wedding of another cousin and I was part of that drive. That one drive changed my life completely. Back then Mumbai – Ahmedabad Highway was 4 laned and the way he drove inspired me to be behind the wheels one day for sure. While hanging out at Girgaum Chowpatty in Mumbai after college, my friends used to check out wonderful crowd and I used to check out Audi Q7, Mercedes C Class, BMW 5 series and they all knew I was addicted.

Vehicles

First Car – Maruti Zen
In 2006, 18 years got completed, got my license and then on 23rd February 2006 brought the First Car of my life i.e. used Maruti Zen in mere 61,500 bucks. Long drives started with Lonavala, Himatnagar, Goa, Ganpatipule, Kashid, etc. 4 years went by and I had covered around 30,000 kilometres. Then came the way to part with the first vehicle, it was an emotional moment when I left home for delivering the car and needless to say I cried on the way back home. But like every end has a new beginning, similarly I had a new beginning and that too “Bigger one”
After 7 years of an offline relationship, finally a part of Team-BHP!-maruti-zen.jpg

Mahindra Scorpio DX
Buying a brand new Mahindra Scorpio was out of budget, so the hunt begins for the used one. I and my cousin have gone through all the used car market in Mumbai and Thane. Finally we found stunning black Scorpio on Palm Beach Road used car market. Both of us were sold to it in the first instance, then the processes begin of negotiating the price, registrations, etc, and finally on 6th March 2010 we drove Scorpio out of Palm Beach Road to Home. After 4 years and 45000 kilometres of delightful ownership, it was time to move ahead.
After 7 years of an offline relationship, finally a part of Team-BHP!-scorpio.jpg

Mahindra XUV 5OO bought in Dilemma
This time I wanted brand new one, either Big or Small. My choice was Fiat Punto 90HP(for robust built quality and unmatched handling). The final decision was of my parents and I tried my best to explain them the Pros of Hatchback especially Punto but it was difficult for them to understand what I was talking, they were in no mood to graduate down from SUV to Hatchback irrespective of the package it offered. Their simple logic was that Vehicle should be abuse friendly, strong built and can be driven anywhere across the country, since another Scorpio would have been difficult choice, It was unanimously zeroed on to Mahindra XUV 5OO W4. One funny reason for buying this car is when second and third row is folded, put nice soft mattress on it and bed is ready to sleep. So on 4th October 2014, we drove back home Mahindra XUV 5OO W4. It was one of the wisest decisions my parents have made.
After 7 years of an offline relationship, finally a part of Team-BHP!-xuv5oo.jpg

Yamaha FZs
My first car was compensation from my parents for not letting me buy the bike, those were the days of Dhoom and every biker on the road considered himself as John Abraham and my parents thought same for me as well. Still the bug of biking was awake inside and in 2012 I started negotiating with my parents, once upon a time my dad had agreed that I will allow you to buy a bike once you clear your CA Finals. Well that happened in July 2012 and then the fight begin, no eating food at home, no talking at home, appearing as if my life has no purpose, etc, my parents gave up, few conditions from them, which I happily agreed and I rode back home Yamaha FZs on 13th November 2012 and it is part of daily commute since then.
After 7 years of an offline relationship, finally a part of Team-BHP!-yamaha-fzs.jpg

Travelling & Photography
Once you start driving the Subsidiary passion would kick in as well, one would be travelling and another is photography. The former one is very vicious; on those weekends if you are not travelling it will always haunt you.

Till 2006 my travelling was just restricted to Temples in Maharashtra, Temples in Gujarat, Mount Abu and My Native Place Himatnagar, Gujarat. While I write this Introduction the travelling experience has steadily grown.

Few of the Highlights of my travelling treasure

1. Cliffhanger Drive: Mughal Road, Kishtwar(Padder Valley), Cliffhanger Circuit, Killer(Pangi Valley), Lahual Valley, Spiti Valley, International Border at Ferozepur.

2. Leh – Ladakh Trip: All the routine spots of Leh – Ladakh, Vaishnodevi, Amritsar

3. 9 Jyotirlings across India. (Trimbakeshwar - MH, Grishneshwar - MH, Aundha Nagnath - MH, Parli Vaidyanath - MH, Bhimashanker - MH, Omkareshwar – MP, Mahakaleshwar – MP, Somnath – GJ, Nagnath - GJ) There is confusion in respect of Jyotirlingas as well i.e. which are the 12 actual once, I have best solution for this confusion, cover the disputed Jyotirlingas as well

4. Kutch Trip: Little Rann of Kutch, Dholavira, India Bridge, Kalo Dungar, Dhordo, Lakhpat, Narayan Sarovar, Koteshwar, Mandvi.

5. Rajasthan Trip: Ajmer Sheriff, Pushkar, Jodhpur, Jaisalmer and most important International Border Pillar No. 609 located 16 kilometers beyond Tanot.

6. Coastal Route from Goa to Mumbai also known as MSH 4

7. Besides this Drive through the Gir Forest, Kaas Pathar, Wilson hills, Mount Abu, Mahabaleshwar etc.

Team-BHP
7 years of Offline relationship 4 days of online relationship and even today first websites that gets opened on my computer screen is Team-BHP be it home or office. One will find numerous sites giving you information about vehicles but Team-BHP simply cannot be matched, the reviews, ownership experiences, travelogues, issues and niggles, etc, are superb and the information is unbiased and authenticated. When I first viewed Team-BHP, I didn't know how to navigate through website, so wasn't able to be part of it, funny isn't it but true. Slowly understood about the User Account creation process through other members and started with User Account creation process, numerous attempts didn’t succeed; the number of visits kept increasing with every failed attempt and finally on 24th February 2016 got approved by Moderators.

Thanks
Nandeep.
nndp87 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 27th February 2016, 22:40   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

re: After 7 years of an offline relationship, finally a part of Team-BHP!

Congrats on acquiring membership to the forum. I really look foward to people who have traveled a lot and are passionate about photography. And, a jelly bean Zen is a perfect first car for an enthusiast. Just wish, it was maintained better.

Hope you'll grant us with some of the beautiful pics you have clicked, in your t-log or photography threads.

Enjoythe time here.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2016, 23:07   #3
BHPian

We have a quality addition to the family, people. You are lucky to get your hands on an original zen. I envy you. I am dying to drive one, but have no such machine anywhere around where I live. Looking forward to great write-ups from you (please post the ownership review of the zen if you can)
karuvally is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th February 2016, 01:41   #4
Senior - BHPian

Hey Nandeep! Welcome to Team BHP, great to see you here !

Brilliant write up! Congrats & Here's to wishing you a great time here & a million happy miles!

Warm Regards,
Bhavin
GrammarNazi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th February 2016, 21:23   #5
BHPian

Great introduction, nndp87 ! Welcome to the forum.

Will look forward to more adventures form your side. Please do share more of your anecdotes.
TheStranger is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed