Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd March 2016, 11:47   #1
BHPian

Me: The Imbecilic Genius

Hello everyone,

I am Aveem Ashfaq. Born 24th August 1993 in a town in Telangana. I was quite a cutsy little boy with a fanclub around me. That's me and my elder brother. The one in the right is me.

Me: The Imbecilic Genius-p_20160303_103051.jpg

I was equally good in studies and good behaviour. Me and my brother were in the poshest of the schools and spoke to each other in english as kids. Our father bought a M800 in 1995 and was the first one in town and the only one for a long time. Heck, even my parents had legendary history. I was bought up in a very conservative environment with excellent manners.

Things went horribly wrong from there. My father put investment in the share market and it turned sour. HE helped the entire family tree on both sides, paid for marriages, helping all the kids get on their feet with businesses or studies and all these commitments meant he bled cash. He was a Development officer in United India Insurance as a field officer. And he was a honest man and did not do the market gimmicks in earning customers making a tough time at work. He shifted to Administrative side which meant taking a lower post and getting a transfer. He tried doing up and down for 8 months and ran out of reserves. And then we took the pill and shifted family into tight situations. Only God knows how he had all the will power to keep going on. But it also played it's downside that he became courageless. (This is not for gaining sympathies but just fact of life)

It was still uphill for me and I performed exceptionally well in studies with 91% in 10th and a whopping 96.8% (making me state 24th ranker) in 12th and a commendable rank in AIEEE. And admission into NIT Nagpur in Mechanical engg (called VNIT Nagpur) in first attempt itself (which is amongst the top colleges in India). It is stupid of me because rather than prioritizing on college rank basis, we went on distance wise and ended up there.

I told you that I am from a conservative family, so conservative in fact that even at 22 years, when we go shopping and I like a dress, if my father does not put up a happy expression with the dress i am showing him, i discard it. And in NIT, I had complete freedom and all around me were more independent students who did all sorts of crazy stuff without telling their parents. I was getting spoilt.

Me: The Imbecilic Genius-img20160212wa0011.jpg

That is me on my very first secret wild outing which I did not tell my parents about. They probably would still kill me if they know about this. I was still in good company because I was still a good sport and took part in college events and won a lot of reputation.

But at the end of the year, I thought to myself, this is not how rogue I should be and decided to resurrect the old rules. So, I changed room for people with less 'rogueness'. As it turned out to be, it was the worst decision of my life. My new roomies were a bunch of fantasizing baffoons who always spoke of girls and portrayed to me that the ultimate goal is not getting a fat paycheck but the best girl in town. All of living with them, glorifying stupid things, me running away from their topics that I no longer lived in my room, my stubbornness to not meet my old friends, all the college events, seniors advice that college placements do not depend on pointer but on how good you can present yourself in the interview and consequently focussing on soft skills blah blah blah I screwed up a semester and failed all the subjects.

The worst part is that I entered 4th semester with no clue what I read before. And due to peculiar rules of our college, i had to forfeit 5th sem and read 3rd sem instead. And then it was 6th sem. Lacking the continuation, my studies were so screwed up, they were the most miserable days of my life.

A complete brainwash. Later on because there would not be any campus placements for me and so i focussed on other stuff and skills that make up a good resume. All of them done DIY. Trust me when I say this, I can still talk and keep up with anyone on any topic at any level of complexity. I learnt a lot of linux, a bit of arduino programming and other microchip programming, Java, image processing, practical mechanical engineering in designing things, doing software simulations and analysis, a bit of arabic and the quran, good oratorship and endless more. But none of them conventionally and I have absolutely no certificates to show to anyone. Except there is one coming soon. I have just finished writing a book and am yet to publish. Let me attach a trailer.

story.pdf

Somehow, I graduated with 58.8% which makes me ineligible for almost all fields of importance. I mean, I got admission in NIT Warangal and during the final stage of certificate verification to get an admission into M.Tech Research, they rejected because I had less than 60%.

Private jobs, the ones that even bothered to look at me were IT companies. My dad told me that I was only to get a govt job, that too non inspector, justice, corporation type which means no IAS or Municipal Corporations etc. After a lot of searching and a year of fighting with parents that no one wants me and I have to make my own way up crawling in the low salaried private jobs, a light appeared. Railways. It is ironic because now, I have only one place to go, i.e. railways, and it is the best PSU you can get into with it's facilities.

Gave it in 2015 with no clue about anything. Has the most tough exam where all streams of engg, all sciences and social from class 1 to 10, general awareness and thorough knowledge of constitution of india is asked. Gave it unprepared and got AIR 1115. Narrowly missed placement. Preparing this time. Lets see how it turns out.

P.S. I am no longer the fair and handsome and gained quite a bit of weight and lost quite a bit of hair. I am 5'10'' and weigh 100 kgs.

Me: The Imbecilic Genius-p_20150915_134416_1_p.jpg

Thats me at the graduation ceremony and by the way, the president of india came to my convocation.

Summary: Flung hard into the sky and came down crashing to the ground, injured but getting ready to fly again.
aveemashfaq is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2016, 12:05   #2
BHPian

re: Me: The Imbecilic Genius

As they say it's never too late! What matters most is that one must have a sense of realization that one is doing wrong it is the time to wake up and get going. I wish you a good luck for your next attempt and I believe that with hardworking and dedication, you can achieve anything you want. Past doesn't matter much, everyone makes a mistake(be it small or huge), what matters the most is that what we learn from one's own mistake and I think that you are on a right track. Whatever you have written goes to show that you have woken up and one day you will make your parents proud. Till then keep the hardwork and welcome to the wonderful community.
P.S- I don't know from where you came to this conclusion but for IAS or other Provincial Service Commission jobs, there is no lower limits on the percentage you score, what matters the most is the minimum qualification. You can still give it a try, but it will take quite a time to prepare for it. Goodluck.
EFF-EIGHT-BEE is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2016, 13:19   #3
BHPian

Thanks F8B. But my parents do not want me to work at a place where there is the touch of politics (play it safe).

I forgot to mention, I did a hell lot of projects. One for example is this. A three wheeler tractor replacement which can be folded into the back of a maruti 800 boot.

Me: The Imbecilic Genius-p_20151124_113510_1_p.jpg
Here is how it looks when assembled.

Me: The Imbecilic Genius-p_20150725_161633_hdr.jpg
It can be folded into the back of a M800 boot.

Ofcourse it is not meant to be an actual tractor replacement but for farmers who have a piece of land and want to work on it. It is torquey enough to carry a small custom made plough and till the land. And can attach a miniature trailer etc.

I will post a thread about it one day, but the point is, taking these skills, i can walk into a small company and they will definitely hire me
Then it is a matter of climbing up with skills etc. But, play it safe and don't stress out in life is my father's motto and so is mine now. Or else, I did get a few calls from companies offering positions for my linux skills.

I am sorry, I want to be humble replying to the thread, but one can't boast about himself humbly, now can he
aveemashfaq is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2016, 13:47   #4
BHPian

Welcome aboard Aveem. Most people in your position would have lost confidence. Good to see that you have not lost your confidence one bit. That is what matters, you will surely get there one day. Wish you all the very best.
Enobarbus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th March 2016, 16:15   #5
Senior - BHPian

Re: Me: The Imbecilic Genius

Firstly, welcome aboard aveemashfaq. It's really good to have you here

Rest assured, your amidst 80,000+ like-minded BHPians and from here on, you can go all out fuelling your passion and boasting all about your projects (like your ingenious 3-wheeler) which lesser mortals like me will enjoy reading. Now start a new thread on your cool creations, will you!
S2!!! is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th March 2016, 21:26   #6
BHPian

First of all, thank you all of you for your support. I will start off with the posts.

Quote:
Rest assured, your amidst 80,000+ like-minded BHPians and from here on, you can go all out fuelling your passion and boasting all about your projects (like your ingenious 3-wheeler) which lesser mortals like me will enjoy reading. Now start a new thread on your cool creations, will you!
Lesser mortals , you make me feel like a prophet which I am not.

I have been wondering which sub-forum is the most appropriate for me to post such a thing
Old 5th March 2016, 09:59   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aveemashfaq View Post
Lesser mortals , you make me feel like a prophet which I am not.
ok let me re-phrase that - some lesser mortals like me and other experts

Quote:
Originally Posted by aveemashfaq View Post
I have been wondering which sub-forum is the most appropriate for me to post such a thing
For unique modifications, I reckon this would be the best sub-forum: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...s-accessories/

For 4x4 related: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-vehicles/

Lastly, if you think other members would also be interested in a DIY which you have performed on your vehicle/s then this would be ideal: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/diy-do-yourself/

Hope this helps!
S2!!! is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th March 2016, 01:24   #8
BHPian

Thank you for the input. The saga of KB100 trike is posted here

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/diy-do...ecame-atv.html
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks