Team-BHP > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th March 2016, 14:24   #1
BHPian

If it doesn't challenge you, it doesn't change you!

Apparently, no other thing in the world of internet challenged me like Team-BHP. And yes, it changed me a lot..!

I was seriously worried after each "Please Register Again" email, and couldn't figure out how differently state your same genuine interest to Mods to get the access. Also I couldn't draft a whole new perspective in the request page which I felt like fake answers. But the stringent QA work of the Mods made me change the way I present the same interest, same content in different way and taught me how to be genuine. I had a word file with three sections to record all the answers I was trying with each time, now its pretty big file though, helped me to ignore repeated content.

After the first attempt to be part of Team-BHP on 21st Jan 2015, 12 continues attempts made me to receive the key today to plug it in and twist (Vroooom).

After numerous attempt to be here, once you saw the mail "APPROVED", What a feeling...! I was flying for a moment, shouting in office without realizing the environment (realized after some weird looks), couldn't remove the smile from face, couldn't believe my eyes, read the mail again and again, to make me believe, Mods sent two emails it seems with same content. Even though it may be accidental, Thank You Dear Mods..! I'm Glad.

How do I know:
Came to know obviously by Google, and stuck here by the sheer amount of quality and quantity (which is a rare combination anywhere).

Who I am:
Eliappan Pakkirisamy Murugappa Vijay welcomes you all to his family to etch a lot of wonderful moments in memory for lifetime..!
(Yes, all of you guys are going to enter in to my life through all the smart powered devices from now on and take part in the conversations. [In case my name reminded you the GolMaal/Thillumullu movie, only the last name is my own, all previous guys are from past 3 generations ])

When did I born:
04-Nov-WXYZ

W - No puzzles, its supposed to be 1, else i will become ghost.
X - Again, no puzzles, its supposed to be 9, else my age should be above 100.
Y - 2nd magic number in nuclear physics or Atomic number of oxygen (even though both are no where related to me).
Z - Convert my short name in full caps to Hexadecimal and add all the digits together till it becomes single digit.

What I have:
I have a pretty simple garage and expecting to build a great one in future.

Right now I own the below work horses.
- Fiat Palio 1.2 ELX Petrol
- Bajaj Discover 135
- Yamaha Fascino (Recently acquired and a ownership report coming soon)

Planned to acquire:
- Fiat Punto 90HP Diesel
- Royal Enfield Thunder-bird 500

What I do:
From day one of my career I'm in IT industry based on Windows platform. All I'm interested is in scripting and automation, I like to automate things and reduce manual errors programmatically (sorry for the Hexadecimals, couldn't help).

Where I'm from:
I born and brought-up in TamilNadu and now working in Bangalore IT jungle and
trying to build moments on the way.

Leisure time:
Striking guitar strings in 2nd year class in reputed institute in Bangalore.
Love to turn pages of books and be active in games mostly outdoor. As getting the right company becoming rare, mobile games engaging me.
Past few years felt something missing in life, Team-BHP filled it with cars and travels, love to do more.

Sorry for pretty long intro, couldn't stop typing after a long wait. Thanks a ton for letting me to join the gang.
EPMV is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 18th March 2016, 14:54   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: If it doesn't challenge you, it doesn't change you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPMV View Post
After the first attempt to be part of Team-BHP on 21st Jan 2015, 12 continues attempts made me to receive the key today to plug it in and twist (Vroooom).

Kudos to your persistence! Your introduction reflects your excitement to be a part of the Team-BHP Community. Welcome aboard!

Quote:
04-Nov-WXYZ

W - No puzzles, its supposed to be 1, else i will become ghost.
X - Again, no puzzles, its supposed to be 9, else my age should be above 100.
Y - 2nd magic number in nuclear physics or Atomic number of oxygen (even though both are no where related to me).
Z - Convert my short name in full caps to Hexadecimal and add all the digits together till it becomes single digit.
W could be '2' as well. Believe it or not we do have a few members who belong to this era and the level of maturity shown in their posts in incredible.

Since Y is 8, you're from the 1980s. I'm sorry but the last part is too much work for me
S2!!! is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th March 2016, 15:39   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2!!! View Post

Kudos to your persistence! Your introduction reflects your excitement to be a part of the Team-BHP Community. Welcome aboard!
Thank you..! Yes, still i'm in a winning feel and smiling all day long..!

Quote:
W could be '2' as well. Believe it or not we do have a few members who belong to this era and the level of maturity shown in their posts in incredible.

Quote:
Since Y is 8, you're from the 1980s. I'm sorry but the last part is too much work for me
By the way, to help you with a beautiful clue, I'm sharing my birth year with Priyanka Chopra
EPMV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2016, 16:09   #4
BANNED

It is nice to see your elation at making it to the membership. It shows that this forum has achieved a terrific standard which makes people want to be part of it...and when they succeed they are over the moon.
It also shows that Mods have upped the entry bar a bit in recent times since they let me in !
Kudos to the Mods for ensuring good content and discipline.
fiestarry is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th March 2016, 07:52   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Gah! You made me Google Priyanka Chopra!! Anyway mystery cleared it's 1982 (we share a birthday by the way, though I am not telling you my year of birth, in code or otherwise )

Welcome to the forum. Persistence pays, as some members have already pointed out. I don't want to pour rain on your parade but there's usually a reason why applications for membership get rejected and in most cases it boils down to communication skills. I sincerely suggest you spend time reading up on various threads, focusing on the posts that garner most thanks and every time you post, try and convey your message in simple, clear and grammatically correct language.

Wish you a great time on Team BHP!
noopster is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 19th March 2016, 08:42   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

Nice introduction and kudos to your persistence. Welcome to the forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPMV View Post
By the way, to help you with a beautiful clue, I'm sharing my birth year with Priyanka Chopra
Now because of you a big bunch of Bhpians (including me) will now know Priyanka Chopra's year of birth. She will not be pleased.

Team Bhp is the last place from where I would have expected that nugget of information.

Last edited by Rajeevraj : 19th March 2016 at 08:49.
Rajeevraj is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th March 2016, 15:54   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiestarry View Post
...and when they succeed they are over the moon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Welcome to the forum. Persistence pays, as some members have already pointed out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Nice introduction and kudos to your persistence. Welcome to the forum.
Thanks a lot for the nice welcome..!

Quote:
I sincerely suggest you spend time reading up on various threads, focusing on the posts that garner most thanks and every time you post, try and convey your message in simple, clear and grammatically correct language.
Sure, will keep in mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Now because of you a big bunch of Bhpians (including me) will now know Priyanka Chopra's year of birth. She will not be pleased.

Team Bhp is the last place from where I would have expected that nugget of information.
Quote:
Gah! You made me Google Priyanka Chopra!!
EPMV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2016, 12:17   #8
BHPian

Welcome to Team-BHP bro. Hats off to your persistence! I would have given up if I were in your position. Drive safe.
srvm is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed