Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd September 2006, 18:47   #1
BHPian

Came across this forum through a Google search onthe Safari Dicor.
Am 40, just gotten back from a great job overseas and am looking to fit myself back into the mainstream again (gentleman-at-large, actually). My dream car has always been the Safari and am glad the years have seen great things done to the essentials of this great looking car. Have driven the Rav 4, and the Landcruiser for a few years, but 'tis the Safari thats always been at the back of my mind.
Am not really a "car freak" but love driving.
Am also into scuba diving, trekking in the hills, horse riding and anything out of the ordinary.
My wife indulgently supports my interests and we have a wonderful 13 yo daughter.
Look forward to getting to know all you great folks in here better, sharing experiences and learning a few of the basics of motoring!
Ciao for now!
Old 23rd September 2006, 20:21   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Hey bro,
welcome aboard and enjoy your stay here.
Check out these threads, relating to the Tata Safari Dicor.
Steeroid's review on his Safari -
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ht=Tata+Safari

And another thread started in the What Car section.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-c...ht=Tata+Safari

Do a search and i'm sure you will find many more such threads.
Cheers
Old 27th September 2006, 17:35   #3
BHPian

Lambo....

Thanks for the Welcome and the leads....hope to chat more with you in here !
Old 27th September 2006, 18:02   #4
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Welcome to the community, Ranjit. The obvious inclination toward SUVs is probably the outcome of many years in the States?

I would have recommended you to also check out the Scorpio, but it is evident that you have your heart sold on the DICOR. Go for it.
Old 27th September 2006, 18:33   #5
BHPian

No, not the States...

...Papua New Guinea...Gods own testing ground for the toughest vehicles ever made (Humvee included!).
Like I said, I already had my mind set on the Safari, but would have HATED to have gone in 'blind', so have checked out the Scorpio (seriously lacking in 2nd row leg room!!), the Tucson (lovely finish, and a meticulous eye for detail - but a huge lag between gears!!), the Ford Endevour (an absolute disgrace as an SUV...Ford's tried it's best to keep the Endevour cost competitive, thus sacrificing power (a s[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]acrilege[/SIZE][/FONT]!) and ALL other minor bells and whistles one might expect in an 18 lac car!!)
The Dicor has it all....along with it's traditional lapses - POOR interiors and finish, tendency for flaws to start appearing after the first few KM's, poor power in the low rev band-width (makes one familiar with the smell of burning clutch!!)
Er, just reading this, am wondering if I am actually nuts to go in for the Dicor!!!
Old 27th September 2006, 18:58   #6
BHPian

Hey Ranjit...
Welcome to T-BHP. Enjoy your stay!
K
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks