Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th March 2016, 10:12   #1

Honoured to be a part of the Team-BHP community

Hello all,

My name is Kiran R Krishnan. I'm 25. I work as a freelance photographer while pursuing a bachelor's in Psychology with IGNOU. I love driving, tuning and tinkering with all kinds of automobiles and I'm also a hot rodding enthusiast. I've been into cars since the age of 9; that was when I first shifted my dad's Maruthi 800 into first gear and rolled it forward. I was introduced to the world of motorcycles at the age of 18, when I first learned to ride a bike; a Hero Honda Glamour. A lot of vehicles have passed through my family till date, beginning with the Maruthi 800, Maruthi Omni, Maruthi Suzuki Wagon R, Toyota Qualis, Maruthi Suzuki Swift, Fiat Punto, Hero Honda Splendor and a Hero Honda Passion Pro. The current vehicles that make up our garage include a Toyota Innova, a Toyota Etios Liva; owned by my dad and mom respectively, and a HM Contessa Classic 1.8GL and a KTM Duke 390 both owned by me. I have a love for the classics which directs me towards vintages like the RE Bullet Standard, Yezdi Roadking, Yamaha RX 135, HM Ambassador and other vehicles from abroad like the Corvette Stingray, the Buick, Pontiac Firebird Trans AM, Ford Mustang and the list goes on an on. I dream relentlessly about getting all of these in my garage someday. And maybe along with that a BMW M3 and an Aston Martin too . Let me wind up by saying that it is an honour to be a part of this community and I hope we can learn a lot from each other and have a good time in the process.

Cheers.
flclicks is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 25th March 2016, 16:00   #2
BHPian

re: Honoured to be a part of the Team-BHP community

Hello Kiran, Welcome to the Team-Bhp.
The number of vehicles your family had with them tells the reason of you being a car enthusiast. You have made quite a wish list of your dream cars and I hope you will have your hands on them soon. Please put some light on your current car the HM Contessa Classic 1.8GL, a long-term ownership report would be appreciated.
Amit_Kapoor4750 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2016, 23:15   #3

Re: Honoured to be a part of the Team-BHP community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amit_Kapoor4750 View Post
Hello Kiran, Welcome to the Team-Bhp.
The number of vehicles your family had with them tells the reason of you being a car enthusiast. You have made quite a wish list of your dream cars and I hope you will have your hands on them soon. Please put some light on your current car the HM Contessa Classic 1.8GL, a long-term ownership report would be appreciated.
Thank you Sir, for your kind words. I will defenitely be sharing a detailed ownership report in the near future. I bought the car just a week ago from Coimbatore. I was able to drive her all the way to trivandrum with limited pitstops. Runs well, although I believe the car needs a little tweaks here and there; electrical mainly. Other than that she runs really well. The car also needs a fair amount of patchwork. I'll be taking her to a mechanic here in trivandrum who is a HM factory trained mechanic in a few days. I'm planning a full restoration so it might take a few months to post a report. But I'll try to post updates whenever possible. For now I'll just post a few pics of her. Cheers
Attached Thumbnails
Honoured to be a part of the Team-BHP community-img_20160313_175014021600x900.jpeg  

Honoured to be a part of the Team-BHP community-img_20160313_17454302011600x900.jpeg  

Honoured to be a part of the Team-BHP community-img_20160313_174336021600x900.jpeg  

flclicks is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th March 2016, 12:59   #4
BHPian

Welcome to T-BHP flclicks!
The HM Contessa Classic 1.8GL looks great, looks well maintained too!
Do post an ownership review.
Best regards.
Tojo_GotBhp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2016, 20:07   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tojo_GotBhp View Post
Welcome to T-BHP flclicks!
The HM Contessa Classic 1.8GL looks great, looks well maintained too!
Do post an ownership review.
Best regards.
Thank you Tojo. Yes I will defenitely be posting an ownership review in the near future. .
flclicks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2016, 10:49   #6
Team-BHP Support

Hi Kiran,

Welcome to Team-BHP. Good to have you here. Like you, I am attracted towards classics as well. I have owned a Contessa 1.8 in the past and loved the experience. It was very comfortable, pretty quick for its time and looked great. It also made me a good mechanic .

Be careful when you start your restoration process. While there are mechanics who can do a good job, parts can be tricky to source. So be sure that all parts are available, else the wait to procure them can be a long one.

See you on the forum.
Aditya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2016, 07:50   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
Hi Kiran,

Welcome to Team-BHP. Good to have you here. Like you, I am attracted towards classics as well. I have owned a Contessa 1.8 in the past and loved the experience. It was very comfortable, pretty quick for its time and looked great. It also made me a good mechanic .

Be careful when you start your restoration process. While there are mechanics who can do a good job, parts can be tricky to source. So be sure that all parts are available, else the wait to procure them can be a long one.

See you on the forum.
Thank you Sir, for you valued advice . Yes parts are becoming hard to find for the conti nowadays. I'm trying to find original spares and spares from other vehicles that has the same specs. Yesterday as I was taking it in to the workshop for a full mechanical service and maintenance, the fuel pump gave out and had to get a new one meant for the maruthi. Though it took some time to fix it, I was able to make it to the workshop. The mechanical work and full electrical rewiring will start in a few days. After that is done I'll be going for the patchwork, repainting and interior works. I'll be starting a thread soon. Hope everyone here will enjoy it. Cheers
flclicks is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks