Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th March 2016, 11:19   #1
BHPian

A little late but...hello!

Hello Team-BHP Colleagues,

I am proud to be a part of India's biggest, most comprehensive and most supportive online automotive community. I was admitted into membership in September but totally forgot to say hello.

A brief background on me; Born and raised in Kenya, I have been driving since early ages. I am a big fan of the WRC considering I was exposed to it a lot during my childhood when it was in our backyard until 2002.

I was my FSAE team's captain and we worked on building our track racing car to compete at the Buddh Circuit during my engineering. I then worked at an automotive startup for about 3 years back home as a test driver and engineer.

I love 'getting my hands dirty' and doing road trips. Considering I am now in Chennai, I'll try to see as much as I can of this beautiful country.

I look forward to contributing as much as I can on this forum and helping out too.

Cheers guys.

Last edited by ampere : 28th March 2016 at 11:24. Reason: Removed age related aspects
qr20de is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 29th March 2016, 09:58   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: A little late but...hello!

Welcome aboard qr20de.

Quote:
Originally Posted by qr20de View Post
I was my FSAE team's captain and we worked on building our track racing car to compete at the Buddh Circuit during my engineering.
Could you share more information / pictures of this build? Or better, just start a dedicated thread about the same (in the Modification section). I'm sure many would be very interested to learn more about this track racing car that you guys built.
S2!!! is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2016, 10:45   #3
BHPian

@S2. Thanks so much for the suggestion.

I'll upload a few pictures on the process in the modification section for everyone to see. I'm sure several of the members here would have done similar projects in university too.
Old 30th March 2016, 08:02   #4
BHPian

Welcome to Team-BHP..!

Quote:
Originally Posted by qr20de View Post
I was admitted into membership in September but totally forgot to say hello.
This is seriously strange for me. I was jumping like anything with the plastered smile in my face which extending all the way till my ears on the day I got the membership approved . Couldn't stop myself from writing a intro immediately. Anyway better late than never.

Me too interested on the story about track racing car. Please do write about it soon.

Happy mile munching time and lot of moments on the road..!
EPMV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2016, 09:56   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPMV View Post
Welcome to Team-BHP..!

This is seriously strange for me. I was jumping like anything with the plastered smile in my face which extending all the way till my ears on the day I got the membership approved . Couldn't stop myself from writing a intro immediately. Anyway better late than never.

Me too interested on the story about track racing car. Please do write about it soon.

Happy mile munching time and lot of moments on the road..!
@EPMV No doubt, I was pumped to have joined team-bhp but I totally forgot to get an intro out.

I'm working on getting those pics and a brief summary out. I'll send you a message when I do. Hope you find it interesting.

I've already done quite a bit of travelling here and I'll try uploading those pics too.
Old 31st March 2016, 12:37   #6
BHPian

@S2, @EPMV,

The FSAE post is live! Hope you enjoy it:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post3942938
qr20de is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st April 2016, 18:16   #7

A late welcome to forum buddy..
I also took part in SAE Supermileage in 2015 but that project got tanked at the last moment due to my university not being able to provide necessary funds for shipping of the vehicle.

But congratulations to you for successfully completing the project.

Quote:
I then worked at an automotive startup for about 3 years back home as a test driver and engineer.
Well this could be everyone's dream job here.
Kushal_Gupta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2016, 10:18   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushal_Gupta View Post
A late welcome to forum buddy..
I also took part in SAE Supermileage in 2015 but that project got tanked at the last moment due to my university not being able to provide necessary funds for shipping of the vehicle.
But congratulations to you for successfully completing the project.
Well this could be everyone's dream job here.
@kushal_gupta: sorry to hear that man. And considering that you guys did all the hard work, for it to fail at the last moment is a real disappointment. If I am honest, I think its very irresponsible of your uni.

Yeah the job was fantastic but after a while, and driving more than 600km a day on rough African gravel roads, your body takes a real beating man and it becomes really exhausting. You just don't feel like getting back onto the road again.
qr20de is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks