Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 30th March 2016, 20:57   #1

Hi...and Thanks to everyone at Team-BHP

Hi Friends

Special thanks to the moderators for approving my registration.

My name is Jayden and I have been a regular visitor to Team-BHP from 2010. I had registered few times in the past 6 years and have finally got my approval. Hurray.

I am a Permanent Resident in Singapore and will be returning to India to spend few years with my parents. After 15 years of living in Singapore I am out of touch with the Indian market and this forum regularly given me lots of insights about the automobile market.

The cars I own are :
1) Suzuki Swift (AT) in Singapore
2) Nissan Micra (AT) in India

I am looking forward to buying my next car in India and I have set my eyes on Maruti Suzuki Baleno (AT) and also looking forward to owing a bike (Yamaha R15 V2) in India.

I have read the in-depth review of Baleno in the review section of this forum. However, any help, advices or ownership review/tips will be very helpful for me.

Looking forward to many trips during my stay in India and also to interact with everyone in the forum.
Singapore_Drive is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th March 2016, 21:28   #2
BHPian

Welcome Jayden and wish you many years of happiness with your soon-to-be new rides
digitalnirvana is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2016, 22:55   #3
BHPian

re: Hi...and Thanks to everyone at Team-BHP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singapore_Drive View Post
My name is Jayden and I have been a regular visitor to Team-BHP from 2010. I had registered few times in the past 6 years and have finally got my approval. Hurray.
Hi Jayden,
Welcome to T-BHP!
All the best for your upcoming rides. Looking forward for your further inputs in the forum.
Best regards.
Old 1st April 2016, 22:21   #4
BANNED

Re: Hi...and Thanks to everyone at Team-BHP

Quote:
My name is Jayden
Hi Jayden,
Welcome. I can't reply in the other thread as it may be off topic. If you are not risk averse, you can go for Equity MF. You can put ₹30 lakh into FD and use the interest to start SIP in Equity MF. If you are going to work here, FD would result in you getting taxed at the rate of 10%,20% or 30% depending on your tax bracket. So the interest return will be lower. Then the other option would be putting money in NCD,which can fetch better returns. But since you are planning to leave in few years, NCD will be difficult to sell off. You are quite well off, so it would be better to split the money into SIP every month into 4 or 5 SIP's. You can expect the MF to give returns of 15%.
Regards,
The Rationalist.
Old 1st April 2016, 22:44   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rationalist View Post
Hi Jayden,
Welcome. I can't reply in the other thread as it may be off topic. If you are not risk averse, you can go for Equity MF. You can put ₹30 lakh into FD and use the interest to start SIP in Equity MF. If you are going to work here, FD would result in you getting taxed at the rate of 10%,20% or 30% depending on your tax bracket. So the interest return will be lower. Then the other option would be putting money in NCD,which can fetch better returns. But since you are planning to leave in few years, NCD will be difficult to sell off. You are quite well off, so it would be better to split the money into SIP every month into 4 or 5 SIP's. You can expect the MF to give returns of 15%.
Regards,
The Rationalist.
Hi Rationalist

Thank you for the info. Just noticed that you are from Kochi, my home town too. I don't plan to work in India. What is a NCD? Is Equity MF very risky?

Thank you
Old 2nd April 2016, 08:26   #6
BANNED

Quote:
Hi Rationalist

Thank you for the info. Just noticed that you are from Kochi, my home town too. I don't plan to work in India. What is a NCD? Is Equity MF very risky?

Thank you
Hi Jayden,
NCD is non convertible debenture, Equity assets come with risk of its own, no risk no gains! For someone with a investment horizon of 5-7 years or above only equity investments can provide tax free and inflation beating returns.
Everyone has a risk profile, I guess you are very risk averse. So keep in FD which can fetch 8.5- 9% returns. As you are not working, it won't result in tax loss.

Regards,
The Rationalist.

Last edited by The Rationalist : 2nd April 2016 at 08:36.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks