Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th April 2016, 12:55   #1
BHPian

Anger, frustration suddenly turned into disbelief & delight!

Good day to all BHPians !

Happy to be at home after 7 months, 6 attempts, different user names and what not. Gave up. Thought again. Gave it a last try. Almost 3 weeks passed. No response. Wrote to moderator. Didn't know it was approved many days back. Found the mail while looking for some other lost mail. The subject line gave a heart skip. Opened the mail and was so much overjoyed as if I was the nation topper of class 10th. Thank you moderator.

Now, here I am, Uday from Faridabad. Life odo is at 39 years. I am a hotelier and work for a 5 star hotel in Delhi.

I Love to travel, mostly self driven. My recent trip was to Jaisalmer. It was a solo trip. The urge to travel long distances and be with my car is slowly compelling me to leave behind my wife and daughter at home.

I have driven the long lost Ambys, Alto Lxi 1st gen, Accent GLE, Honda city, VW Jetta, Rexton AT, XUV500 W10. Also have driven Mazda-3 Top spec & Mitsubishi Lancer & Sonata AT while in the Middle-east. Presently own the XUV500 W10 and the family owns the Jetta and a Honda city. Oh yes, recently brother-in-law booked the TESLA. Eager to try my hands on it once delivered after a year or so.

My tryst with TBHP started with my many experiments (though very minors) with my cars and looking for support and advice online. Never thought of becoming a member though. But while booking the XUV, the thought crossed my mind that I should be a member of some professional forum.

I booked the XUV last September and also applied for TBHP membership on the same day. Bought the stickers online. Checked regularly for membership approval. In the mean time stickers were delivered. When the vehicle was delivered 2 days later, I drove it home, daughter put some sliced lemons below the tyres and after that I started putting on TBHP stickers all around it.

After that came the rejection of membership. Retried - rejected - Retried - rejected. Cycle continued. Frustration and anger crept in. Whenever I used to see a car with TBHP sticker I use to slow down or speed away. Thought of removing the stickers and try to join another forum. But the last try with some clear thinking and write-ups paved my way up till HERE.

I was thinking of putting down this experience for a week or so but due to office-office work, it got delayed. In the mean time, got a peanut increment too.

So, this is it for now.

I sincerely hope that I will be able to put up some travelogues and experiences and be of some assistance to fellow T-bhpians.

Thank you and signing off.
Drive Head is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 8th April 2016, 00:14   #2
BHPian

re: Anger, frustration suddenly turned into disbelief & delight!

Welcome Drive Head,
I can totally correlate to your anger, frustration and what not. But, it's the team bhp and nothing else. Mine was also a frustrated and multiple attempt success. We have earned it, the bhpian tag.
Cheerio...
MDED is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2016, 09:43   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDED View Post
Welcome Drive Head,
We have earned it, the bhpian tag.
Cheerio...
Aptly put. It feels special to be a member by struggling and earning the tag.

The other day, when I was a bit put off by my wife, to cheer me up she ordered 2 T.shirts of TBhp from Myntra and gave it to me the next day. I couldn't like her much after that. Big smile on my face was what she wanted.
Drive Head is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2016, 10:19   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Hi Uday, Welcome to TBHP ! That's a nice list of cars that you have driven - and the icing, even at this point, is the prospect of driving that Tesla !
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drive Head View Post
I Love to travel, mostly self driven. My recent trip was to Jaisalmer. It was a solo trip. The urge to travel long distances and be with my car is slowly compelling me to leave behind my wife and daughter at home.
Can so relate to this ! Our cars are an extension of own selves, and being with them is a special feeling, a bond. You actually remind of one thread we have, where members were discussing things that they dont like ot have in the car (or was it annoying habits of co-passengers). Someone said " co-passengers " !! I could not supress a smile at that.

Here's wishing you a long happy journey with fellow-car-lovers. Do go through the rules section too, just like you would look at the owner's manual of your car.

Keep revvving !
condor is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2016, 10:47   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
You actually remind of one thread we have, where members were discussing things that they dont like ot have in the car (or was it annoying habits of co-passengers). Someone said " co-passengers " !! I could not supress a smile at that.
Thank you, Sir.

The above quote is so very true. Co-passengers (no offence to anyone here though) sometimes really are annoying. On top of that, if your co-passenger is an older family member and is a driver too, then nothing beats the annoyance level to red line the temper meter.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks