Team-BHP > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th April 2016, 15:01   #1

To Team-BHP and beyond

Hello fellow Team bhpians, The wait is finally over, at last I get a chance to be part of the family. I believe that you can relate to the joy and sense of accomplishment which courses through the body when the words “Registration approved” are read. I will keep this Introduction short and simple, hope you approve of me.

I am Aadil, a 23 year old Automobile engineer from New Delhi. I came across Team BHP while searching for automotive parts available in India and I was immediately impressed by the amount of reviews and technical know how’s present, needless to say I rushed to register and pat came the reply: rejected, this went on for about three years, all of which were spent in race car design and fabrication. The lack of motor sporting knowledge present in India drove me to start a registered company of my own (Leo Motorsports), which aims to provide students across the nation an insight to the closely guarded world of Motorsports.

Cars I own: Maruti Swift Dzire, Honda Brio, and my favorite 1994 Maruti 800

Bikes: KTM Duke 390, Yamaha R15, Bajaj Avenger, Honda Activa, Mahindra Rodeo

Last but not least, some of my builds:
Attached Thumbnails
To Team-BHP and beyond-095.jpg  

To Team-BHP and beyond-210.jpg  

To Team-BHP and beyond-2904a6770c3c4a5db9800903d9581aea.jpg  

carlzxcv is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 16th April 2016, 16:07   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: To Team-BHP and beyond

hi Adil, Welcome !

That's interesting ! A quick intro that gives a glance of your background and interests. And kudos on the thought behind opening your own company.

Quick question, looking at the pics you of these karts that you have built: Have you thought of building a FWD, Rear-wheel steered kart ? Just for kicks

Here's wishing you a long journey on TBHP.
Old 16th April 2016, 18:02   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
hi Adil, Welcome !

That's interesting ! A quick intro that gives a glance of your background and interests. And kudos on the thought behind opening your own company.

Quick question, looking at the pics you of these karts that you have built: Have you thought of building a FWD, Rear-wheel steered kart ? Just for kicks

Here's wishing you a long journey on TBHP.
Thank you condor, a FWD rear steered car: That's a whacky thought . Building it wont be a problem, but a few problems will hinder its functionality:

1) As its rear steered only, the linkage from steering column to wheels will not give ideal geometry. Plus the weight transfer while accelerating will mean your steering getting way too heavy during actual running and the feedback from road will be of no use as you will be getting a delayed response.

2) It will over steer like crazy, all it will do while negotiating a corner is spin, unless you have counter steering reflexes of a ninja

But all things aside, It surely will be one heck of a car to drive.
Old 16th April 2016, 19:11   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

What if you use EPS and dampen the amount of turn required ?
Old 16th April 2016, 19:32   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post

What if you use EPS and dampen the amount of turn required ?
It will solve the problem of linkages and steering effort but will be slightly complicated to add all the electronic sub systems required.
Old 17th April 2016, 03:30   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

Welcome.
There is acute lack of car design and build studios in the country. Though it's a very tough road but journey is rewarding.
sudev is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed