Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th April 2016, 03:18   #1
BHPian

Rolling Rolling Rolling...

Hi All,

I will not say that I have been a Car Enthusiast all my life, neither was I a technically inclined person when it comes to cars, or anything for that matter. I am a 27 year old engineer, who messed life real bad owing to some wrong choices in the early part of my 3rd decade as a resident of this planet which ranged from well.. everything bad and sad.

Well cutting the long life story short, and removing the the "sad part" of life, although I was 2 years late in beginning my career, but luck and hard work in my current company which grew from 70 people to 1k+ in a span of 3 years i worked, landed me in a very comfortable position. This led to one very important discovery about "me" for "me" and that was my love for anything with a rolling component in place of legs (the moolah factor factored in here) . One thing led to another and MY LOVE & enthusiasm for wheels grew deeper with my hunt for my perfect car.

Every car is perfect, atleast for someone. Or should I say, Its not about whats on the wheels, its about how big the smile is for the man controlling the wheels. My hunt was very elaborate, ranging from the Maruti Alto to Mahindra XUV. Factors, numbers and parameters all were matched, compared. Beasts and Minnows were put to test, with each day a new day in my Auto-mania. It was not just a search, it was a discovery of how much I loved the world of Auto-motives. Although, I have been a lurker on Team-BHP for many years before that, but my reading was only concerned with the travelogues, it was this hunt that made me read and re-read and google for things, I didn't know / care about earlier. I had found the real hit in my life - Wheels that move, wheels that spin, wheels that burn.

As I have mentioned earlier, every car is perfect for someone, I found my perfect someone - A smoke Grey Ford Ecosport TDCi Titanium in June 2015. It was not any number,parameter or any car characteristic that won me over, it was just that my heart was won in the first TD. And you have to see that hippo smile on my face when i see it, touch it, ride it.
Rolling Rolling Rolling...-img_20151003_103933.jpg

Because at the end of the day, my car is more about me, and the me is more important, so my fellow BHP-ians, Welcome me to your world as a newbie, who's just being introduced to the world's best drug "Rolling rolling rolling......."
Rolling Rolling Rolling...-img_20160223_165858.jpg
BB311 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 29th April 2016, 15:00   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Rolling Rolling Rolling...

Welcome BB311 !

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB311 View Post
but luck and hard work in my current company which grew from 70 people to 1k+ in a span of 3 years i worked, landed me in a very comfortable position.
Congrats on your & the company's success.

Quote:
my love for anything with a rolling component in place of legs
Hahaha, nice. I was wondering why you've titled your introduction so.

Quote:
I found my perfect someone - A smoke Grey Ford Ecosport TDCi Titanium in June 2015. It was not any number,parameter or any car characteristic that won me over, it was just that my heart was won in the first TD. And you have to see that hippo smile on my face when i see it, touch it, ride it.
Good choice. The EcoSport Diesel is still the best compact SUV, years after launch. Agreed completely with what you are saying - how your car makes you feel is more important than any on-paper spec. I deeply love my Jeep, despite its 0 - 100 time of a couple of minutes .

Great to have you on Team-BHP.
GTO is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th April 2016, 15:10   #3
Senior - BHPian

Welcome buddy! Liked your way of introducing yourself and your rolling component! Hope you have a long and trouble free companionship.
TorqueyTechie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2016, 16:20   #4
BHPian

Thanks for welcoming me folks.

An important point that I missed in my introductory post, which I felt should have been their:

My Tryst with my previous rides:

1. Our Family's First car was a Premier Padmini, delivered on 2nd November, 1988 in Srinagar. I was born the very next day. As my dad says, i brought the first car in the family !!
2. Our next car was a Maruti Zen in 1997. It introduced us to Maruti and gears on floor , didn't last long though.
3. We purchased a Hyundai Santro DX II in 1999. I guess the month was October. It was a golden color car, a Korean Import. According to Ultimate Hyundai Chandigarh, ours was the first power steering Santro to be delivered in North India. Can't confirm the claim though, but it did serve us well. I took it to my colleg with me when i grew up. It had travelled to all the southern, western and northen states with 2.78 Lakh KM under its belt, before being sold in 2012 for 35k Rs. That was one heck of a reliable car. The best we have ever had.
4. We have, at some point of time owned every generation of Honda City in India sans the current one.
5. Right now, My Dad drives his Hyundai Verna SX(o) petrol, 2013 model. Mom drives Honda Brio SMT while I have my own (first one) Ford Ecosport, with 15k KM under its belt.
6. Prior to the Ecosport, I was driving a Maruti Suzuki Swift LXi 2008 model, which was given to me by dad, and that was the most unreliable car we ever had. It had a collapsed engine mount third year in ownership, a Burnt ECU and other niggles which were never rectified.

With this journey, although I can't ascertain the future with complete assurance, but I have engraved something at the back of my mind:

1. Never a Maruti again for me.
2. Will never keep two cars of the same brand in the house.
3. Will have a Royal Enfield and Mahindra Thar one day.

Thanks ALL!!!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks