Team-BHP > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th May 2016, 18:45   #1

Hello people!

TL;DR : I'm elated to be a Team-Bhp member !!.

Well I spent a few minutes trying to figure out a witty title for the thread but couldn't do so (as you can clearly tell).

So, here goes my intro, I'm a 2nd year engineering student, from OMR, Chennai with an immeasurable interest in anything automobile (and bikes too).

Not to brag though, but with most of my knowledge in cars and motorcycles coming from teambhp, I always find myself better informed than my peers and other non-bhpians.

I've always been an avid reader of the forum, and found it pleasurable to do so and I could easily sink hours and hours into this forum, considering I was not even a member back then.

My parents used to be like,
"Sigh, you're whiling away your time in that car forum again, you could rather use this to study and improve your grades, hurr durr."

And I'll be like,
"At least I'm trying to learn something (well not exactly knowing per se but you know what I mean) whereas other people my age are stuck changing statuses and posting dumb stuff on Facebook"

My parents used to be indifferent towards this forum, but as time went by, they came to understand why I access this site so often. Especially after I overwhelmed the people at showrooms and dealerships during all my purchases, I'd know lot more about the stuff they sell than they knew, my parents were impressed of how I handled stuff when the dealers try to exploit us, I'd clearly cut them short saying, "No, this is not how we do things, and blah blah", and they'd get fed up and look for some other uninformed person to make a fool of.

So, here I'm and to be honest in my 2nd try to become a member, I finally succeeded (and there goes my 2 emoji limit, hehe).

I hope to be active in the forum and try to help out and seek help from others (though I'm not an expert by any means).

Oh and my garage includes a Ford Ecosport and a recently given away Maruti Swift (first gen) and my ride, an RS 200 (all of which I bought based on the inputs from this forum alone, other reviews and sites just didn't cut it).

Thanks for reading, Ciao!
Artuno is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 14th May 2016, 15:35   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Hello people!

Welcome Artuno!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artuno View Post
Well I spent a few minutes trying to figure out a witty title for the thread but couldn't do so (as you can clearly tell)
Hahaha! #BigFail!

Quote:
Not to brag though, but with most of my knowledge in cars and motorcycles coming from teambhp, I always find myself better informed than my peers and other non-bhpians.
It's fascinating how much one learns from reading this forum. I pick up new things everyday. And it's not just automotive stuff, but even newer ways to think. Several times, I come across a thought-provoking post and go 'how come I didn't think of that one'.

Quote:
My parents used to be like,
"Sigh, you're whiling away your time in that car forum again, you could rather use this to study and improve your grades, hurr durr."
Tell them the technical forum is part of your curriculum .

Also let them know that it's a safe community (no profanity, hate posts, racism, road racing etc.).

Hope to 'thank' a post of yours on some thread soon.
GTO is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th May 2016, 23:04   #3

Re: Hello people!

Yeah , but their reason was genuine but later on they did come around to understand why I kept browsing this forum for so darn long.

Hopefully yes, I'll try my best to be active, and get some 'Thanks' on the side, but being a moderator, you have no deficit of 'Thanks'.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed