Team-BHP > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th May 2016, 15:49   #1

So long, and thanks for all the fish

So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish - this is what I said to the non T-BHP world once I finally got approved to be a member!

The opening line itself speaks about one of my interests and the others, other than automotive is, include gadgetry focussing specifically on HiFi which will be a completely different topic altogether I play Badminton not professionally but with all blood & sweat types!

I have put all the cars that I owned (present / past) in the signature and there are tonnes of bikes & scooters as well not included in the list.

As for most of us, this is evolving passion and currently only interested in stock builds and enjoy the fun of driving them than spend the countless hours / days / weeks at garages and this also shows (my) age!

Proud moments of driving - crossing 100kmph on a Yamaha RX-135 some 20 years backs (agreed that the speedometer on the bike might not be the most accurate one) when compared to doing 200kmph on autobahn in Germany in a car. This brings to the point of adrenalin rush of speeds but these are one off the times and mostly I enjoy regular drives especially road trips. Especially the long ones which span few weeks and munch several 1000 kilometers.

Looking forward for the upcoming sort of road trip in Europe (2500kms one way) in our lovely Qashqai!

Thanks for reading
SatsMumbai is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 16th May 2016, 18:39   #2
BHPian

re: So long, and thanks for all the fish

Welcome to the forum SatsMumbai.

Considering your post count, I hope you would have already read all the rules and regulations. Do go through the Travelogue section of the forum. There are a lot of wonderful write-ups there that may appeal to you.

Have a pleasant stay!
Old 17th May 2016, 08:19   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SatsMumbai View Post
So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish )
With such an opening statement I'm sure you know the answer to life, the universe and everything!

Jeroen
Jeroen is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 17th May 2016, 08:44   #4
Senior - BHPian

Welcome to the forum! And have loads of fun during your eurotrip. And take a lot of pics.

If you are planning on a Travelogue, Assembly Line will be quite helpful to start with.
deetjohn is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th May 2016, 10:41   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SatsMumbai View Post
So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish - this is what I said to the non T-BHP world once I finally got approved to be a member!
Welcome aboard SatsMumbai. Now you know the answer for all the automotive related questions, and all other possible questions as well. 42
Nav-i-gator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2016, 10:48   #6
BHPian

You had a Sierra, wow! Some pictures please.

Welcome to the forum.

Which RX-135 you had? The one with 4 gears or 5 gears?
the_skyliner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2016, 11:19   #7
BHPian

Welcome aboard!! 42!!
rmonie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2016, 12:11   #8
Senior - BHPian

Re: So long, and thanks for all the fish

Welcome to team BHP Satsmumbai. You've been through a very wide range of cars and bikes. Also good luck with the upcoming road trip. Hope you have a safe and pleasant drive. Do post some pics of your rides.
Lalvaz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2016, 12:27   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

Welcome to the restaurant at the end of the universe, SatsMumbai!

I remember one manager who quit my company and sent "So long and thanks for all the fish!" as the title of his farewell message. There was at least one person who walked up to me and said, I thought he was vegetarian.

Can't wait for your Europe roadtrip travelogue. Have a great time on the forums and be sure to read and abide by our forum rules!
noopster is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th May 2016, 14:05   #10

Thank you every one for such a warm welcome! I am super glad that most of us have the 'babel fish' to reply with such nice responses!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_skyliner View Post
You had a Sierra, wow! Some pictures please...Which RX-135 you had? The one with 4 gears or 5 gears?
Sierra was bought used (I think it only did 15K kms in 5 years) when I got it. It has given immense pleasure, towed tonnes of friends around and made driving a pleasure in mad Delhi but also those were the times when we used to drive to a friend to tell about our car / bike. Cell phones were a rare sight and photography was ?? And the short answer is I do not think I have any photos except lots of memories and more learning from one car than any. For starters do not buy a diesel car which is not used much and the plastic / rubber can deteriorate so easily that one time the girl I was dropping off smelt diesel and when opened the bonnet, one of the fuel hoses to the cylinder has given up and is spurting diesel everywhere in the super hot engine bay. As you can imagine that was the last time she ever sat in that Sierra!
If I start writing about Sierra - good & bad it will be a very long (possibly yawning) post.

Regarding the RX-135 - this one I got brand new in 1997 or 98. Yes, I am ancient I had several RX 100s' earlier and all of them were second hand so went for this one though was very smitten with the RX-Z that came up a little later. Only if I had know how crazy people about these RXs' today, I would have just kept all of them !!

But such is time and that reminds me, I love to get great recommends on movies from everyone and with the current time context, my recommendation is 'The Man from Earth' for those who want to get context of time in one of the many ways.

Last edited by SatsMumbai : 17th May 2016 at 14:11. Reason: edited
SatsMumbai is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th May 2016, 20:41   #11
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmonie View Post
42!!

You Sir, are a connoisseur of the literary classics!

Jeroen
Closed Thread

Most Viewed