Team-BHP > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th May 2016, 13:42   #1

Feeling special!

Hello All,

It’s been a long journey as a viewer of Team-BHP for more than 7 years now. Have tried a few times before to register only to see the dreaded sentence "We are sorry, but your Team-BHP membership could not be approved" in my inbox.
By the way, got mislead by some people that we should restrict our answers to 60 words

Finally last week, I got the membership and it felt similar to what I experienced when I cleared my CA final exams!

To introduce myself, I am Raghu, presently in Chennai and as mentioned above, a Chartered accountant working with a private organization. I am basically from the temple town of Madurai. As like any other young boy, I fell in love with cars at a young age. We had a white premier padmini with us for many years and my dad was so fond of her that we had a tough time convincing him to let go of her after 22 years. She was a maintenance nightmare but I liked the acceleration in first gear. Maybe I am old fashioned, but I haven't experienced that in newer cars.
We got an Alto for my dad (he wasn't used to EPS and floor gear). Later on, I got a WagonR as a newbie driver in Chennai (my dad never allowed me to drive his padmini!). Recently I have upgraded to a Grand i10.

The cars that I would love to get: Polo GT, Grand Vitara (the older one, don’t know why but like it) and of course Maruti Gypsy (any idea how to get one?)

My other interests: Listening to old hindi songs (Big Rafi fan), Swimming and reading.

Big thanks to GTO who was kind enough to reply to me when my membership was rejected and that gave me a lot of motivation to apply again and finally get the membership. I look forward to learning a lot more about cars (most of what I know can be attributed to TBHP) and interact with other members and hopefully contribute to the forum as well.

Last edited by noopster : 17th May 2016 at 13:48. Reason: Added some paragraph spacing to improve readability. Welcome aboard!
hierophant is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 17th May 2016, 14:06   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Feeling special!

Welcome to Team BHP Hierophant. Madurai's a lovely place, had the good fortune to visit it last year, and love the architecture of the Meenakshi temple there. Awesome place.

Wish you many miles of safe driving in your Grand I 10. All the best.
Lalvaz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th May 2016, 15:40   #3
BHPian

Re: Feeling special!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hierophant View Post
The cars that I would love to get: Polo GT, Grand Vitara (the older one, don’t know why but like it) and of course Maruti Gypsy (any idea how to get one?)
Welcome to the forum Raghu. Your perseverance finally paid off!

Maruti Gypsy, huh? I think you will be able to get hold of one at army auctions. I also read somewhere on the forum that a member got a new Gypsy very recently, direct from the showroom.

Enjoy your stay!

Last edited by biggrin : 17th May 2016 at 15:41.
biggrin is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed