Team-BHP > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st May 2016, 15:15   #1

Delayed Introduction

Greetings fellow car aficionados. I am Ram, an 18 year old from Bangalore. I joined the marvellous Team-BHP community in 2014. Unfortunately, with exams and the entire high school exertion I did not have an opportunity to reach out. After crossing many bridges, including entrance exams for the engineering course, I finally have access to this coterie. I have missed a lot about motors in these two years, nonetheless, it is said that you must put your past behind you.

I have always been a car devotee for as long as I can remember. Car model collecting has been my hobby from the age of 5. At 6 years of age, I luckily had the opportunity to learn how to start a car with no assistance. It was my first big leap. By the time I was 13, I was proficient at driving a full sized car. I used to park the car for my parents, relatives in gated communities, but never used to take them on roads as it is illegal.

It was not until a few months ago that I got my driver's license. That is when the real thrill began. Currently, I have access to drive a Maruti Suzuki Swift VXI 2009 model and a Toyota Fortuner AT 2012 model. Recently, I have developed a fondness towards bikes as well. I ride a TVS Apache 160 2015 model. I have driven many other cars such as the Mercedes GLA, Mercedes E250, etc and ridden bikes such as BMW K1300s, KTM Duke 390, KTM RC 390, etc.

I was attracted by car discussions and magazines such as Top Gear. However, I was deeply more fond of the topics about cars locally available in India, which is absent in other magazines and blogs. My father noticed this and recommended the brilliant Team-BHP.

Other than motor vehicles, I love sports. I am an ardent football and basketball player. I hope to pursue Electronic Engineering as I aspire to work in the Automation Industry. Nevertheless, driving and riding are absolutely the foremost and supreme experiences to me. I want to continue driving as many cars as possible to understand each and every one of them and respect and appreciate their individuality. I seek every opportunity to drive. I hope to even design some of my own vehicles.

It is exhilarating to become a part of this family, rather should I say it is overwhelming to revive myself to the club. I aspire to absorb and assimilate knowledge from all of you Team-BHPians. I am merely and amateur and have a lot to learn. In addition, I ensure you that I will work efficiently and effectively to share my apprehensions and experiences in this collaborative group.

Thank You.

Ram
Ram.N is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st May 2016, 17:34   #2
Senior - BHPian

Welcome to the group! Hope you get selected for electronics engineering. I've done the same just recently and started a job.

You have mentioned your hobby of collecting model cars. Please share your collection on the appropriate thread.

As always, wear a seatbelt/helmet when you drive/ride. Follow all the rules of the road. And always be in control of the machine and don't let the machine control you.
blackwasp is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st May 2016, 21:36   #3
BHPian

Re: Delayed Introduction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram.N View Post
Greetings fellow car aficionados. I am Ram, an 18 year old from Bangalore.
Welcome to the forum, Ram. It was nice to hear that your father recommended Team BHP (and surprising too, since parents of many BHPians are against Team BHP ).

That was a good write-up. I can relate to your excitement as driving 'legally' is the best thing that an enthusiast can expect from life, as I had gone through the same recently some years back.

Welcome again and enjoy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwasp View Post
You have mentioned your hobby of collecting model cars. Please share your collection on the appropriate thread...
... here.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...el-thread.html
biggrin is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed