Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th May 2016, 01:06   #1

Great to be a member among motoring enthusiasts

Hello everyone.

I am a motoring enthusiast from Lucknow. At 37 years of age I own two cars and a bike. In my earlier days I learned riding on a Bajaj scooter and for driving I got an 1987 model Premier Padmini aka Fiat.
I was following TBhp since last 2 years and was overwhelmed by the knowledge and enthusiasm of the participants on various forums. This is due to a very valid fact that team-bhp membership is granted after the scrutiny of responses by applicants.

Ok now something about me, I am an economist / statistician working for the Government of India. My present assignment is with Ministry of Home Affairs where I am working since 2007. Earlier I was working for Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation.

Both my jobs involve touring across the state of posting.

I like my work as I like travelling and enhancing my knowledge of local area and customs and habits.
I own a Tata Indigo eCS 2011 model petrol that is used for traveling out of city and usually ferries my family. My daily use car is a 1995 model Premier Padmini S1 petrol!!!!

When I joined my 1st job, I gifted myself a (newly launched at that time) Bajaj Discover 125 on my birthday. Even though I was an economics student... I had a leaning for technical knowledge of automobile. I am a DIY type and we hardly call an Electrician/ Computer or auto mechanic for petty work.

My other area of interest is computers wherein I have equal interest in IT hardware and software.
As part of this group I believe that integration of different types of knowledge for any technological development will bring better benefits for all.

I hope to get more enriched in my knowledge by getting inputs from my interactions on this platform and wish that my presence would add some value on some of the subjects being discussed here.

Thank you moderators at TBhp for making me a part of this platform of knowledge exchange.

Last edited by GTO : 28th May 2016 at 13:47. Reason: Adding spacing between paragraphs for readability
jollyA is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th May 2016, 13:53   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Great to be a member among motoring enthusiasts

Welcome JollyA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jollyA View Post
Ok now something about me, I am an economist / statistician working for the Government of India. My present assignment is with Ministry of Home Affairs where I am working since 2007. Earlier I was working for Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation.

Both my jobs involve touring across the state of posting.
. Would love to see a travelogue from you on one such trip and all the work it entails. Am guessing a lot of your drives would be to rural pockets too.

Quote:
My daily use car is a 1995 model Premier Padmini S1 petrol
The best sounding OEM exhaust ever in India! We have a lot of Padmini enthusiasts on the forum. Do engage in the relevant threads.

Quote:
As part of this group I believe that integration of different types of knowledge for any technological development will bring better benefits for all.

Great to have you with us!
GTO is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th June 2016, 13:00   #3
Senior - BHPian

Welcome onboard, jollyA !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jollyA
My daily use car is a 1995 model Premier Padmini S1 petrol!!!!
When even Ambassadors are getting rarer by the day, am sure your car turns a few heads, given how rare Padminis are on our roads.
I have been trying for quite some time now to point out a Padmini to my sons, but don't see them around much in KL.

Cheers !!!
Old 12th June 2016, 20:24   #4

Thanks GTO and supremeBaleno for your comments. My PP S1 is a real head turner. People stop by to appreciate the way it is maintained. Motorists on the roads show their thumbs up and people on the road really see it mud-mud ke. When I go to station or other public places I can see people taking selfies with my car when I return.
Will soon post the images in my garage.
Thank you once again.
Old 27th June 2016, 17:52   #5

Dear GTO and supremeBaleno, I have uploaded the Pic of my head turner Premier Padmini S1 in my profile picture. Please take a look if you are interested.
Thank you.
jollyA is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks