Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th June 2016, 14:31   #1

A Team-BHPian @ 15!

Hello fellow BHPians,
My name is Mrityunjay Misra and I'm currently studying in 11th class with my choice of stream as Science (Physics-Chemistry-Maths & Computer Science) and I am currently living in NOIDA.
I'm 15 years old and probably the youngest BHPian currently on the forum.
The love of cars, I presume, runs in the family blood. My grandfather served in the Army (Corps of EME) and has the first-hand experience of driving all kinds of vehicles including Chevrolet Station wagon, Ford Station wagon, Nissan Patrol, Willys Jeep, Shaktiman, JONGAs(Jabalpur Ordanance And Guncarriage Assembly), Kolos Tatra (Tatra 813), Mahindra Jeep, Maruti Gypsy, Tata and Ashok Leyland 1,3 and 5 tonners, light, medium and heavy weight tanks and the iconic Ambassador.
Now coming to the vehicles that he owned, Red Java 250 (1966), Vespa, Lambretta and a pre-worshipped Navy Blue HM Ambassdor bought in 1976 which was with him for 25 years seeing most cities. Bought in Jaipur, went to Delhi to Ambala, to Delhi again then to Pune and back to Delhi again (where my grandfather retired in 1994) to Calcutta (where he was a lecturer in Institution Of Engineers as Secretary Director General) to Jamalpur, Bihar where it was sold when I was 6 months old. Then we came to Lucknow when we bought our Safire Gold Tata Indica V2 DLX in August 2001 from Jalandhar CSD.
Coming to my father, being the son of an Army personnel, he is quite fond of long road trips and adventure trails and seeing the rallies and safaries organised by my grandfather while he was in the Army (Hero Puch Endurance run which was flagged off in Secunderabad- Trivandrum then the route was bifurcated in 2 parts i.e. Eastern route including Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh, Odisha , Assam, Shillong, through Bihar, UP and finally ending at India Gate, Delhi while the western route Kerala, Maharastra, Gujrat, Rajasthan, Punjab, J&K, Ladakh via Himachal Pradesh ending at India Gate, Delhi) which intrigued my father and his interest in automobiles grew vastly.

Finally, coming to me. As one can aptly describe from the above that the TLC needed for automobiles was indeed present in our family. The first car that I remember having memories of was our Tata Indica which was with us for 12 years and was sold off in 2013 in Lucknow due to my father's transfer to Delhi. The second car was our Mist Silver Mahindra Xylo E4 which was bought in March 2010 from Hissar CSD. The car was primarily bought for long highway trips which the Indica had been doing for years but as my sister and I were growing up, the need of a bigger vehicle had increased. The Xylo has now been with us for 6 years and has clocked 29,000 KMS ONLY! This is mainly due to the fact that it is only used once or twice a year for long trips and occasionally in the city during weekends. Barring this fact, the car is well taken care of and cleaned and polished once in 2 months.

Once we had sold off the Indica and had shifted to NOIDA, the need of a smaller vehicle was quite evident due to the chaotic traffic and unavailibilty of parking spaces in the city. So we saw an advertisement on OLX for a white 2009 Fiat Palio Stile SDX which had ran only 15,000 kms and was going pretty low as the owner had moved abroad and his Brother-in-law was selling the car on his behalf.

Anyways, it looks like that you've taken a good look at my family and car history. Looking forward to a great journey ahead on Team-BHP.

Cheers,
Mrityunjay.
MoTo_meister is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 6th June 2016, 15:42   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

re: A Team-BHPian @ 15!

Hi Mrityunjay,
Welcome to the forum and wish you a pleasant stay here. . Good to see young enthusiasts joining the forum. Do familiarize yourself with the rules and regulations of the forum and it's various subsections. All the best.

Note: Although you are probably not the youngest member (As far as I know there are definitely at least a couple of 14 year old members on the forum), you are definitely close
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2016, 15:49   #3
BHPian

Congratulations and welcome on board, MoTo_meister!
Go through the forum rules thoroughly,

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/announ...e-posting.html

Hope you enjoy your stay here.

Regards,
abhayankara
Old 6th June 2016, 18:16   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Hi Mrityunjay,
Welcome to the forum and wish you a pleasant stay here. . Good to see young enthusiasts joining the forum. Do familiarize yourself with the rules and regulations of the forum and it's various subsections. All the best.

Note: Although you are probably not the youngest member (As far as I know there are definitely at least a couple of 14 year old members on the forum), you are definitely close
Thank you Rajeevraj and I will definitely checkout the rules and regulations of the forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhayankara View Post
Congratulations and welcome on board, MoTo_meister!
Go through the forum rules thoroughly,

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/announ...e-posting.html

Hope you enjoy your stay here.

Regards,
abhayankara
Thank you abhayankara. I absolutely adore your signature line.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks