Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th June 2016, 12:31   #1
BHPian

Super excited to be onboard

Hello Team-BHPians

It's such a privilege to join this community and was fortunate to get admitted in the first attempt. Just by way of introduction, I live in Bangalore since 2005 which is now home but a Chennai boy since birth. I have been a passive follower of team bhp for a very long time and have been one of those millions who have benefited from this community for long. The sharp unbiased insights that I get in this community has been exceptional and invaluable. This community helped me make my car purchase decision in 2010 that I landed up with one of the best hatchbacks ever (2010 Ford Figo TN registration and was one of the first 100s to get the first version). This is my second car and I also own a first gen Honda City 2001 model which still gleams and glides like the smoothest.

Like all other BHPians, very passionate about cars and have done some reasonable long drives in both my cars. As much as I have taken from this community, by joining, I also look forward to contributing the little knowledge that I have, hope it helps at least a few.

Now, what's going to get interesting is what made me decide to join this forum while for over half a decade, I have closely followed threads, posts and learnt a ton. While I have always loved my Figo - the revving it can get, the peppiest engine, highly responsive and its stability at high speeds even more so with the 195 Yokohama tyres, the long drives that I have done with no glitch so to speak, 6 years and runs like a mean machine. One thing that I have always dreamt of since childhood is owning a BULLET!!!

While I learnt to ride on a 1982 Lamby that my dad owned (just can't take that experience out of me, probably will have a separate post on that childhood reference point!) have always gazed at every Royal Enfield Bullet that passed by. There’s more story to my love for a bullet but probably I will get that in a separate post when I write about how I grew up craving for a bullet. All said and done, after a month of researching (of course with 90% of the inputs taken from team BHP bulleteers) and infinite number of test drives, have booked myself a forest green Bullet 500 and you have no clue how excited I’m. It’s been about 35 days since I booked and looks like I must be getting my beast anytime now. Timing makes it even more thrilling! One more post that you can expect from me is how I went about making my decision on the most difficult question on earth – ‘which Royal Enfield to buy?’

Look forward to engaging more with the forum and worthy members like you.

Last edited by GTO : 27th June 2016 at 11:30. Reason: Formatted post. Removed "..."
KK RE Lover is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 27th June 2016, 13:46   #2
Team-BHP Support

Re: Super excited to be onboard

Quote:
Originally Posted by KK RE Lover View Post
have booked myself a forest green Bullet 500 and you have no clue how excited I’m. It’s been about 35 days since I booked and looks like I must be getting my beast anytime now. Timing makes it even more thrilling!
First up, congratulations on the booking! Also, welcome to the forum. Always good to have an RE fan in the forum.

So true that you mentioned the time spent waiting is a thrill of its own. The build-up towards the delivery is quite exciting.

There are so many people who go through the same turmoil while deciding which RE to buy. I'm sure that with your extensive research on the post 'Which RE to buy' would definitely make things a lot clearer. Eagerly looking forward for this post!

Apart from that, would be awesome to read some of the travelogues in the future.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks