Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd July 2016, 22:51   #1

Got BHP!

Greetings, BHPians!

What an absolute privilege to be a part of this wonderful community! It took multiple attempts (and some timely intervention from the moderators, Thanks GTO) to finally become a member, but I'm glad to be here.

On the professional front, I'm a pilot with a private airline. Chennai is the place I call home currently, though I'm a Bombay boy otherwise. I've spent some time abroad as part of my education, namely in the Middle East, US and Europe. I'm also an engineer by qualification.

My interests are mainly football (massive Liverpool fan), electronics(gadgets), music and a newfound hobby in landscape photography.

The Bullet 350 at the ancestral home was my first love. Cars we've owned during our time abroad include the Nissan Sunny, Land Cruiser Prado and the Fortuner.
I've recently acquired a Honda Jazz V CVT and am thoroughly enjoying it. Though I'd been passively visiting Team BHP every now and then, it was only recently that I began digging deep. A big Thank You to everyone at Team BHP for the excellent material here, especially GKMahajan Sir for his ownership review and to suhaas307 and Vid6639 for their Official Review. Fellow BHPians looking to purchase the Jazz, feel free to contact me via PM in case of any queries.

I place huge emphasis on safe and disciplined driving and strongly believe each one of us can contribute to make our roads safer. I look forward to a wonderful journey with Team BHP, learning from the vastly experienced members here and sharing my experiences as well.

BHPians, you truly rock!

Cheers,
stick&rudder.
stick&rudder is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2016, 23:16   #2
Team-BHP Support

re: Got BHP!

Welcome! So truly a glob-trotter! Will be great to hear your stories woven around those nice landscapes!

By the way there is a very active and vibrant community of photography enthusiasts!

A Thread on DSLR:
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadge...hread-938.html (The DSLR Thread)

A display of snaps
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shift...read-1135.html

By the way we also have few aviation guys here!
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/comme...ts-review.html (Boeing 777 - Pilot's Review)

Last edited by ampere : 3rd July 2016 at 10:19. Reason: Fixed typo
ampere is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2016, 00:14   #3

re: Got BHP!

Thank you ampere! The variety of BHPians here is mind-blowing!

Some amazing snaps they've put up
Old 4th July 2016, 13:45   #4
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Got BHP!

Welcome .

Quote:
Originally Posted by stick&rudder View Post
Fellow BHPians looking to purchase the Jazz, feel free to contact me via PM in case of any queries.
A PM helps one person while a public post on the forum can help thousands (if not lakhs of readers). On Team-BHP, we insist that sharing of information is done via the forum only. PM'ing useful data defeats the purpose of an open community.

Thanks!
GTO is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th July 2016, 13:55   #5
Senior - BHPian

Hey S&R,

Welcome. Which part of Chennai are you from? I stayed in thiruvanmiyur from 2013-15.
I think the Jazz CVT will be ideal for the stop go traffic in chennai! Excellent choice.

btw are you an airbus or a boeing person?
Do contribute on some of our aviation threads or make a fresh one
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/commer...review-34.html
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/commer...essions-4.html
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/commer...-review-7.html
phamilyman is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th July 2016, 22:13   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
A PM helps one person while a public post on the forum can help thousands (if not lakhs of readers). On Team-BHP, we insist that sharing of information is done via the forum only. PM'ing useful data defeats the purpose of an open community.
Agreed, GTO, I need to rephrase that. What I intended to convey was that if any BHPian wanted to contact me, they may do so freely. Otherwise, all my communication will be on the open forums.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post

Welcome. Which part of Chennai are you from? I stayed in thiruvanmiyur from 2013-15.
I think the Jazz CVT will be ideal for the stop go traffic in chennai! Excellent choice.

btw are you an airbus or a boeing person?
Do contribute on some of our aviation threads or make a fresh one

Thank you phamilyman Sir! I'm currently living in OMR, close to Sipcot.
The credit for choosing CVT goes to my wife, as I was initially more keen on the top end VX MT. However, time has proven her right yet again!
I'm on the A320 currently and am pleasantly surprised to see a thread on the same. Will surely contribute to it. Thanks a ton for sharing, I'm overwhelmed

Last edited by Rehaan : 5th July 2016 at 19:14. Reason: Merging consecutive posts :)
Old 5th July 2016, 00:20   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stick&rudder View Post
I'm currently living in OMR, close to Sipcot.
The credit for choosing CVT goes to my wife, as I was initially more keen on the top end VX MT. However, time has proven her right yet again!
I'm on the A320 currently and am pleasantly surprised to see a thread on the same.
Isn't SIPCOT a bit far from the airport? I would've thought that Thoraipakkam or near Pallikaranai would've been more convenient.

And A320 - are you with AirAsia? There's no other Chennai based A320 airline to the best of my knowledge!

PS: Wives are always correct!
Old 5th July 2016, 13:02   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Isn't SIPCOT a bit far from the airport? I would've thought that Thoraipakkam or near Pallikaranai would've been more convenient.
That's true, phamilyman, you really are well versed with Chennai, aren't you! The serenity of the location and the fact that the complex I stay in was virtually unaffected during floods were the deciding factors.

Quote:
And A320 - are you with AirAsia? There's no other Chennai based A320 airline to the best of my knowledge!
Nope, I'm with another private operator head-quartered close to your place.

Quote:
PS: Wives are always correct!
High Five on that note
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks