Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th August 2016, 12:06   #1
BANNED

After 9 attempts, I have finally earned the privilege

I am very much sure that I never missed a single day when I forgot to browse team-bhp ever since I explored it in 2013 when I was roaming around for my first car. Such is the addition to team-bhp that I missed couple of deliveries as I was so much involved in reading team-bhp new car reviews and forgot the delivery cut off time of 9.30 pm. This forum is helping lots of people to take their car buying decision, getting answer to automotive questions. Thanks to all moderators for initiating this concept long back and we are lucky to have such a good automotive community.

Though this forum allow even unregistered member to browse the portal but it’s the zeal for automobile and addiction to team-bhp that was bugging me to join this forum. It was December 2015, when I first registered to team-bhp which was promptly declined owning the fact that I did not have proper reason to join this forum. After that my registration was declined for 8 times and truly speaking I was getting very frustrated. But I never gave up as throughout my life I learned one lesson that we don’t give value to those things which we acquire without much of hard work. So I was determined that I will have to earn the membership, no matter how many times I should try. My patience paid off and here I am after 9 attempts. The only thing that I wrote different this time is, stick to 160 words and write my heart out about why I want to join this forum in very simple English and did check for grammar before I register. Thanks to moderator(s) for approving my membership and allowed me to be a part of this community. I promise that I will contribute to this forum as best I can and will help to add more value to it.

Coming to my personal profile, My name is Rajib, with my odometer now at 34, born and brought up in a small north-east town named Agartala, earned my B-Tech in mechanical engineering from NIT in 2004 and then worked for some automobile giants in India and US for last one decade before I ended up joining Capgemini couple of years back. My profession helped me work in areas like vehicle integration, BIW, CAD, simulation and exposure to various vehicle sub system like door trim design, suspension system design etc. Presently I am happily settled in Hyderabad for last 7 years with my lovely wife who owns an e-commerce website and a very passionate reader of team-bhp.

My parking space presently occupies a Honda Dio, a 2015 Baleno diesel which I acquired in November 2015 and I take the pride of owning it among the first 20 buyers in Hyderabad. I am in the mood of acquiring a Ford Ecosport with 1.0 ecoboost very soon. In past I owned an Alto 800 and a Santro.

Apart from cars I love playing chess, spent my childhood playing cricket and was known for my skills in wicket keeping. My interest also includes roaming around many places and my job allowed me to cover most part of the country already.

Once again thanks to moderator(s) for letting me in. One more thing, my wife always complains that I pamper my car more than her and I spend more time in team-bhp and not with her, which is true. Hope she does not explore this post else you better know what is going to happen.
Raj1982 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 7th August 2016, 12:57   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

re: After 9 attempts, I have finally earned the privilege

Like a Cat ! 9th attempt, but made it !

Welcome, Rajib .. You are here, finally ! Nice intro too, esp the way you have mentioned your age.

Btw, the mention of cat above brings me old memories where our team leads used to call us guys as cat's when did something really good at work. This was way back in the 90's in Mumbai.

Hope you enjoy your drive here !
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2016, 13:02   #3
BHPian

Have a nice journey here at TBHP. Even I joined some 5 odd months back and boy I have learnt so much like highway driving, driving in the rains. I like the technical section the most. I am sure you will find your liking as you browse further.
redcruiser is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2016, 15:33   #4
Team-BHP Support

Re: After 9 attempts, I have finally earned the privilege

Hi Rajib,

Welcome to Team-BHP. Nice to have you on board.

Good to know that you find Team-BHP useful. The Baleno is one of my favourite hatchbacks on sale today, though I prefer the petrol to the diesel. We will look forward to an ownership review from you.

Since, you are fond of travelling, you could also contribute to our travelogues sections.

Please do take some time to go through Team-BHP's posting rules.

See you on the forum.
Old 9th August 2016, 19:44   #5
BHPian

It gives me immense pleasure whenever I hear that they took more than 6 attempts to get confirmed as I took 6 or 7 attempts to finally get accepted, as I pray to God that you can give me Biriyani and can give Biriyani to the entire world, But if I am given porridge, the world also should get only that!

Jokes apart, welcome to team-bhp and have a "live happily ever after"
Old 9th August 2016, 19:55   #6
Senior - BHPian

Never say die. Welcome aboard.
Just curious, why it says below the name 'BANNED'?
Old 9th August 2016, 20:15   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

Welcome. Try and try again to you succeed.
Old 9th August 2016, 22:06   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajaTaurus View Post
Never say die. Welcome aboard.
Just curious, why it says below the name 'BANNED'?
I also noticed it. His membership is revoked?
Old 9th August 2016, 23:08   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrol_power View Post
I also noticed it. His membership is revoked?
Most likely a temp ban for rules-misses. Hopefully he'll be back soon.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks