Team-BHP - Rookie onboard
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Introduce yourself (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/introduce-yourself/)
-   -   Rookie onboard (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/introduce-yourself/178839-rookie-onboard.html)

Hi guys,

Im Rahul, 26, working as a Geologist in Geological Survey of India, Chandigarh. Im basically from Kerala. I love travelling as it is the only time I am able to think about stuffs and be at peace ( that's right.. introvert). Thanks to my job I spend 3 months every year in various parts of Himachal. I have had this love for driving since I was a kid and really wanted to be a truck driver back then but my driving dreams had to wait for 26 long years.

Like many I found out about team-bhp while I was desperately searching for my first car and now I feel lucky to be a part of the family. Thanks to t-bhp, I am now a proud owner of an army gypsy(restoration story coming soon). Your threads helped a ton. Unlike many of the users I am very new to automobiles although the dream of owning a vehicle had been there for a pretty looong time. The first time I drove a car without a guide was when I took delivery of my Gypsy and drove it to a crammed motor market here in Chandigarh and boy it was a really scary experience.stupid:

I'm looking forward to experience the pleasure of driving along with the little joys in life. Ill try to post my restoration story as soon as possible.

Welcome to teamBHP Rahul!

Quite an interesting skill-set and job. Can you share a bit more about what do you do as a geologist ?

You bought a Gypsy as a first car? I admire your courage. :)
Frankly, I love the Gypsy and dreamt of owing one when I was a kid. But today, as a family man, I can not think of a Gypsy as a primary vehicle. May be I will retire with one. :)

Anyways! Looking forward to your Gypsy thread.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raul258 (Post 4031083)
Hi guys,
Im Rahul, 26, working as a Geologist in Geological Survey of India, Chandigarh. Im basically from Kerala. I love travelling as it is the only time I am able to think about stuffs and be at peace ( that's right.. introvert). Thanks to my job I spend 3 months every year in various parts of Himachal.

I'm looking forward to experience the pleasure of driving along with the little joys in life. Ill try to post my restoration story as soon as possible.

Welcome to the forum Rahul!

As you've probably already experienced this forum gives you am opportunity to engage in invigorating discussion with fellow members, a a large number of whom are very knowledgeable. Please familiarize yourself with rules of engagement & contribute whenever you can.

Glad that you've decided to get a Gypsy as your first vehicle. As you spend a considerable time in my home state Gypsy is a perfect vehicle especially if you ever decide to venture beyond the popular destinations & visit more challenging terrain.

I also became a proud owner of a brand new Gypsy earlier this year. Unfortunately I get to drive it only a couple of weeks a year when I visit India.

Looking forward to your restoration thread. Happy motoring!

Quote:

Originally Posted by SDP (Post 4031220)
Welcome to teamBHP Rahul!

Quite an interesting skill-set and job. Can you share a bit more about what do you do as a geologist ?

You bought a Gypsy as a first car? I admire your courage. :)
Frankly, I love the Gypsy and dreamt of owing one when I was a kid. But today, as a family man, I can not think of a Gypsy as a primary vehicle. May be I will retire with one. :)

Anyways! Looking forward to your Gypsy thread.

Thank you.
Our team is now building a landslide susceptibility model for the entire Himachal so that people can avoid dangerous zones while building homes.

Frankly I was very desperate to own a Gypsy after reading a ton about it here and I felt it's a very fun to drive vehicle. Yes it cannot be a primary vehicle for a family.. Gypsy will always be a Gypsy:) I'll enjoy my bachelorhood when I can:D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vikram Arya (Post 4031326)
Welcome to the forum Rahul!

As you've probably already experienced this forum gives you am opportunity to engage in invigorating discussion with fellow members, a a large number of whom are very knowledgeable. Please familiarize yourself with rules of engagement & contribute whenever you can.

Glad that you've decided to get a Gypsy as your first vehicle. As you spend a considerable time in my home state Gypsy is a perfect vehicle especially if you ever decide to venture beyond the popular destinations & visit more challenging terrain.

Looking forward to your restoration thread. Happy motoring!

Thank you
I'll be having a detailed look into the rules again very shortly..:)
Yes..Himachal and its people are really wonderful. There are many beautiful places which are not at all tourist pullers and those are the ones in my bucket list to drive and with a reliable drive like a Gypsy it will be a good experience.:)

Mod Note : Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote, click here.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raul258 (Post 4031083)
Hi guys,
Im Rahul, 26, working as a Geologist in Geological Survey of India, Chandigarh. Im basically from Kerala.

Welcome aboard, Rahul!!! Couple of similarities between us there, me having done my post graduation in geology, and hailing from Kerala too. Though I couldnt pursue a career in that field due to other reasons. So I passed out of UoK Department at Kariavattom in 2004, what about you?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pequod (Post 4031459)
Welcome aboard, Rahul!!! Couple of similarities between us there, me having done my post graduation in geology, and hailing from Kerala too. Though I couldn't pursue a career in that field due to other reasons. So I passed out of UoK Department at Kariavattom in 2004, what about you?

Thank you Pequod. Small world huh.:) I had been to Kottayam Govt college for UG and Andhra Uni for PG. I know few of the professors at Kariavattom who has inspired me to take up this job.