Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 24th September 2016, 16:10   #1

It just happened when it was least expected!

Dear fellow Bhpians,

A few months back, while driving back home from a day picnic, on the way from a street shop I bought my 4 year old Question Machine a plastic toy gun that had tiny light weight plastic balls to be loaded from front, pull the trigger and there goes the ball. As he was playing a few balls were lying on top of the dashboard of my Wagon R and somehow one ball managed to enter the A/c duct from one of the windshield demister slits. For months it was making irritating sound while rolling whenever the car turned, It felt like pains by a calculi in my kindey. I tried blowing air from A/c vents keeping front and foot-well air vents open and dismantling the blower motor assembly, thinking the ball shall pop out from somewhere but no success. It kept irritating me but I kept calm waiting for the right time thinking that one day it will come out on its own. One fine day again as we returned from a day picnic I told my child as he was crying over something, "I'll show you magic, instead of cold air it will blow hot air from the A/c" as soon as I turned the manual thermostat knob from Blue to Red the ball rolling with a very hopeful sound in the whole duct rose up and stuck to the honey comb grill of left side round A/c vent. It had secured itself somewhere in the hot air duct. I turned the blower to speed 4 before the ball could back off and swiftly pulled off the circular vent (this skill was also taught by my 4 year old, he mischievously pulled if off some time in the past and received a soft scolding from me followed by him kissing on my hand) exposing the honey comb grill with that nasty pink ball stuck in one of the holes. I promptly pushed out the ball from the back with my little finger; my child was super excited and pretty amused seeing all this.

As I said to myself that the ball will suddenly come out some day without having to visit service centre and it did happened. Similar is the story for me getting the Team-bhp membership. More on that later;

I am Gaurav Panchal, an auto enthusiast like everybody here. Basically I am an introvert with a huge potential of transforming in to an extrovert. I have a Diploma in Mechanical Engineering, a Bachelors in Production Engineering, a Postgraduate Diploma in Management and a Postgraduate Diploma in Energy Management. I live happily with my family of 5, We three and my parents in Navsari district, Gujarat. In 2010 I migrated to Canada with family but majority including me preferred staying in India so we are here.

Now back to my membership and above ball story connection. In past I had tried multiple times to get team-bhp membership, all my efforts were in vain. Somehow I was unable to express my passion for qualifying as a team-bhp member. I visit Teambhp Since 2007 and have tried around 5 times to get membership since 2011 or 2012, I maintained patience thinking that some day it will just click and my membership will be approved. Now this is what exactly happened. Day before yesterday a post was added on discontinuation of Royal Enfield electra. I immediately emailed team-bhp support that Bullet Electra is still on website but as Bullet 350 (ES). I received a thanks email mentioning that it’s already been discussed on the thread. I replied back that I still have not got the privileges to post on thread as my membership attempts failed multiple times in the past to which GTO emailed that he will personally check my membership application/answers and subjected to the quality of my answers my membership may get approved. I reapplied and expressed with confidence my eternal love for cars, bikes and every other thing that runs on wheels or is associated with it.

I succeeded in convincing GTO with my answers and here I am posting my introduction.

I am a huge fan of online shopping and buy almost everything that is required by me and is available online but never post any reviews. I always resist posting anything online but it won’t be the case here. I wish to be an active member on the forum.

Regards to all, Gaurav, from now on Ottomatic.

Last edited by Ottomatic : 24th September 2016 at 16:35.
Ottomatic is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 24th September 2016, 16:29   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: It just happened when it was least expected!

Welcome to the forum Gaurav. I actually did not notice the sub forum as I was just going through new posts. So took some time to realize it was an intro post. . First thought it was an new car ownership thread, then thought it was a DIY. Only when I reached the second part, I realized that it was an intro.

Team-Bhp is a good place for introverts. You just need to let your fingers do the talking and millions will hear you.

Nicely written. Wish you a pleasant stay.

Last edited by Rajeevraj : 24th September 2016 at 16:32.
Rajeevraj is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 25th September 2016, 10:14   #3

Re: It just happened when it was least expected!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Welcome to the forum Gaurav. I actually did not notice the sub forum as I was just going through new posts. So took some time to realize it was an intro post. . First thought it was an new car ownership thread, then thought it was a DIY. Only when I reached the second part, I realized that it was an intro.

Team-Bhp is a good place for introverts. You just need to let your fingers do the talking and millions will hear you.

Nicely written. Wish you a pleasant stay.
Thanks Rajeevraj, happy to get a reply instantly. Thanks once again..
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks